[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

The emotions of Chinese players are a bit extreme now, because we had always respected and cared for Klei very much before. This incident has caused many players' beliefs to collapse, and they feel that their long-standing support has been deceived. Many people have targeted the official members of the forum for this incident and believe that the announcement of the Chinese community is meaningless. They hope that Joew can speak as an official rather than an announcement.

5 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

如果这就是你的信念崩溃的全部原因,那么你可能没有像你声称的那样尊重或关心。

Unfortunately, this post is just an expression of my emotions towards the Chinese community. I personally did not feel the collapse of my faith, but I understand that other Chinese players who have been pouring their emotions into a game for many years have experienced this kind of thing. Also, you may not have understood the full picture of the incident. Before today, many Chinese players had their posts in the community deleted or blocked, and even not reviewed at all

56 minutes ago, NOOOBU said:

Maybe I need to tell @JoeW the reason why the Chinese is still angry about it (although you have explain it already) could be the attitude you deal with the disscusion in forum because of Tencent join Klei in 2021.

Massive offensive speech and memes were published here, and some of them is still here.Some CN can still find these which make them mad, but can not find their own post. They feel it is unfair to them.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d4118209fd785744bfb94d1e16e089c9.png

Personally I do not care about these like Xinnie but, something in China is sensitive you know————Just like David's Star's meaning for Jews, and Every nation have their own taboo.

No matter how absurd you feel, it is a fact.(And I am helpless about these).

What you have done in their view is Double standard, in Chinese we call it "双标"(you can ask for Lin or Jeddy what is this mean), so that is why the Chinese saw what you explain but still feel no sincerely: JoeW treat us differently than he treat others.

Actually I do not want to say something like these here becuase its so sensitive too, but I have to let you know it so we can solve the problem and misunderstanding.

I did not  post a new thread because that could make more and more people join it, I just want YOU know.

I have no hostility for you, just let you know and solve these as soon  as possible then turn everything to peace agian.:)

Those posts were up for the same reason that these posts are still up. That situation was very similar to this one in fact. With the Tencent announcement, there are upset people that are claiming that hidden and inappropriate posts were removed to hide their opinions. The posts were then unhidden so people could see what happens when the posts are not hidden. 

I am trying to keep everything to a single thread here, the same as I did with the Tencent announcement.

It's not a double standard, it is the exact same treatment. I am sorry if that upsets people, I don't like it being on the forums either. The same as I don't like many of the hurtful posts in this thread and in the threads I linked to as well.

I want to be very clear here. I apologize that my choice of words caused controversy within the Chinese community. My intention was to help players on our forums understand that I was not trying to represent the Chinese player community and with a poor choice of words I caused the opposite to happen. I worked with Jeddy and Lin to send my apologies as clear as we could. https://t.bilibili.com/812434802797969417?spm_id_from=444.41.0.0

Additionally, I have been working to provide refunds to players that purchased the skin that are unhappy with the change. 

I am not going to be commenting on this situation any further, because clearly we need to work on our communication. We will be working to better improve communications with players outside of our forums in the future. 

Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, zmklol said:

Unfortunately, this post is just an expression of my emotions towards the Chinese community. I personally did not feel the collapse of my faith, but I understand that other Chinese players who have been pouring their emotions into a game for many years have experienced this kind of thing. Also, you may not have understood the full picture of the incident. Before today, many Chinese players had their posts in the community deleted or blocked, and even not reviewed at all

I'm sorry but deleting posts in which the user asked for the removal of pigs for supposedly being Islamic and supposedly feeling offended is the least I expected from a serious moderation, these users are just trying to disturb the discussion, they are simply trolls exaggerating an absurd idea based on current controversy, the rest is simply a herd effect.
JoeW became the strawman of the discussion, I just can't understand how saying "The Chinese community is very supportive" to discern good people from the chinese community from the few trolls became an "offensive" phrase. I understand, and have see it by my self that most translators translate "supportive" to something like "favorable" "accordingly" but that's not JoeW's fault, and yet it's still nothing problematic at any sorts at this context...

10 minutes ago, xhyom said:

我很抱歉,但删除那些用户要求删除猪的帖子,因为他们被认为是伊斯兰教的,并且被认为是感到被冒犯的,这是我最不期望的严肃节制,这些用户只是想扰乱讨论,他们只是巨魔夸大其词这是一个基于当前争议的荒谬想法,其余的只是羊群效应。
JoeW成为了讨论的稻草人,我就是不明白说“华人社区非常支持”来区分华人社区的好人和少数巨魔怎么会变成一个“冒犯性”的短语。我理解,并且亲眼所见,大多数译者将“支持”翻译为“有利”“相应”,但这不是 JoeW 的错,

The reason why the incident escalated was indeed Joew's inappropriate remarks, as the posts he initially deleted were not extreme, only polite feedback, and this was not their personal intention. They only expressed their opinions on behalf of the Chinese community. Unfortunately, Joew's deletion of these posts has intensified the conflict and deemed them "extreme", even stating that "Chinese players' comments are extreme and provocative". Although they were quickly withdrawn, it does not mean that the impact has also been withdrawn

32 minutes ago, zmklol said:

The reason why the incident escalated was indeed Joew's inappropriate remarks, as the posts he initially deleted were not extreme, only polite feedback, and this was not their personal intention. They only expressed their opinions on behalf of the Chinese community. Unfortunately, Joew's deletion of these posts has intensified the conflict and deemed them "extreme", even stating that "Chinese players' comments are extreme and provocative". Although they were quickly withdrawn, it does not mean that the impact has also been withdrawn

JoeW is known on the forums for being the guy to stop an unfruitful discussion, you might find jokes around about this around here, moderation will rightly close threads that bear some resemblance to a troll or might incite trolls. I can say with certainty that this is not something unique to China, there are always controversies in basically ALL open betas and a lot of problems to deal with in the forums, most are simply nipped in the bud and we move on with the main discussion, this was possibly another one of these cases but randomly it became the most important and significant thing that Klei has ever done in its entire history; a star.

8 minutes ago, xhyom said:

JoeW 在论坛上以阻止毫无成果的讨论而闻名,您可能会在这里找到有关此的笑话,适度会正确地关闭与巨魔有相似之处或可能煽动巨魔的帖子。我可以肯定地说,这不是中国特有的事情,基本上所有公测都存在争议,论坛上也有很多问题需要处理,大多数都只是消灭在萌芽状态,我们继续主要讨论,这可能是其中的另一个案例,但随机地它成为了 Klei 在其整个历史上所做过的最重要和最有意义的事情,一颗明星......

We rarely express our opinions and opinions on forums, and we didn't even know that Tencent's acquisition of Klei had caused a great controversy before. Therefore, after this rare comment, we received deletion and negative feedback, which was a very poor experience. If it were you, you should also understand. By the way, if there were any offensive words in the previously deleted posts, I personally apologize for them. Thank you for your explanation

54 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I am not going to be commenting on this situation any further, because clearly we need to work on our communication. We will be working to better improve communications with players outside of our forums in the future. 

OK thank you everything you do.:)It is good let us known "you are clear already", it's enough and okay, thank you very much.

15 hours ago, Hupo said:

It's really a good thing that there is such a sober player like you in China.

I think so too, I feel that Tieba users just want to stir up the fire and vent emotions, which is also in line with my usual impression of Tieba users,Even if klei is wrong in the first place,but i still feel sorry for their behavior.But i believe that most cn players are friendly, and love klei for their work over the past ten years.

In fact I want (just  want) that player who has a jewish friend to explain about it. Does he/she really have a jewish friend? Or he/she just want Klei to change this skin and use an excuse as a weapon to force Klei to change it. But this may not be polite. So I will stop here.

What done is done 

So have you considered the feelings of most players? Or do you only care about a few Jewish friends? I don't know what players from other countries think. Maybe there is no discussion at all, because they have been deleted.

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

For starter, register an account in tieba and read more about plays oppinion in 饥荒联机吧, that's a much larger player forum than your meida account on bilibili. Beside, designate your staff to conmmunicate more often with Chinese players on mutiple social media. We are a large group and it definitely worth a try.

21 hours ago, -Nick- said:

这根本不是Klei改变皮肤的原因。他们表示,改变的原因不是因为冒犯了某人。改变的真正原因是:

“不要留下人们会无缘无故争论的小事”

这个意思是阻止人们谈论毫无意义的争论。

I think that's why many players here are angry.
Zzzq means Political correctness. When the first incident occurred, many people were not very angry, but rather worried that Klei would fall into such public opinion and ruin the game. The main reason for my anger later was due to J reply.

1.png

2.png

As a “don't starve” cn player for almost ten years,i really love this game and hope the game can get better in next ten years, Maybe these suggestions can help you @JoeWcommunicate better with cn players and understand why some cn player will angry.

1.The veryfirst is: most of cn players are very very hate that game development team modify games because of the demands of a few special people or groups, even if it's because of the religious needs of an individual. Or you can modify it, but only if it "is", not if it looks "like".

Users of different social platforms will have very different feedback and performance, maybe you'll feel confused, but it's true, for example,The Tieba often appears radical remarks,

I feel a few people just want to fan the flames and vent their emotions.what do they want? I don't know too.So communicate with friendly players instead of ban their account(i know some player have posted radical remarks in this forum) and keep silent.

3.Most players are in silent, they'll never come to this forum and feedback in English, communicate with players more on social media( I recommend bilibili,really), no matter who is right or wrong, communication is the most important,and most conflicts escalate because of the lack of understanding brought about by silence.

Maybe i talk too much,because i really don't want this incident to create a gap between klei team and  players, so I'm come to forum for the first time to give my suggestion.

Thank you for your patience in reading, I hope we can all become better and appreciate klei team's hard work over the past ten years.(i love klei)

Lmao the Nazis just came out of their hole 

2 hours ago, ccmszed said:

What done is done 

So have you considered the feelings of most players? Or do you only care about a few Jewish friends? I don't know what players from other countries think. Maybe there is no discussion at all, because they have been deleted.

I am from Mexico and I don't care this is your tipical rightoid excuse to **** all over the place. The Chinese are like the only culture that gets considered besides American and Canadian and they are now pretending that Jewish ppl have some sort of especial treatment for some reason

57 minutes ago, firoborn said:

Lmao the Nazis just came out of their hole 

I am from Mexico and I don't care this is your tipical rightoid excuse to **** all over the place. The Chinese are like the only culture that gets considered besides American and Canadian and they are now pretending that Jewish ppl have some sort of especial treatment for some reason

The fact is that the Jews received special treatment for special reasons and not enough consideration for other people's feelings.
If you can explain why klei removed the "Hexagram", I'd love to hear it.

1 minute ago, liuyuncangye said:

you can explain why klei removed the "Hexagram", I'd love to hear it.

Crazy how joew has explained why they removed it multiple times (which you can find in multiple threads)

Archived