[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

14 hours ago, cropo said:

I don't really think there's any good solution here.  If the change WAS because of ''omg offensive'' and they're trying to obfuscate that behind plausible reasons then nothing you say will matter, any sort of discontent with the change will just have people retaliate by calling you a bigot, or acting as if your intentions are anything other than simply being sick of the trend, you literally cannot challenge the power people have over you in this situation.

If the change WASN'T because of ''omg offensive'' and they really had a genuine change in design, to the point that they would literally go and change the look of a skin that people already paid for, at the very last minute, for some reason, then they would be in the right and backing down would actually be the worst possible outcome for them in this situation.

It's neither of those two reasons. You are missing the point. They changed it, because once the original post (the one complaining about the star) gained traction, people could buy and wear that skin as a:
1) an anti-semitic joke
2) badge of your actual anti-semitic ideology

JoeW explained this already. It was not changed to appease a discomfort, nor for any lore or aesthetic reasons.

Can someone help me call the administrator? I don't know how to do this

A friend here misunderstood the meaning of Chinese, and he mentioned a very serious topic, which is related to World War II. I need the administrator to deal with it

48 minutes ago, Karitha said:

A jewish said change the skin and it's changed (which I think was unecesarry but however I believe new one looks better) and chinese players are angry rn because of that. So I shared happy merchant meme, which used in internet over years. This person did not directly, but involuntarily he caused a big senseless fight.

I have nothing with jews and I'm not a nazi, I'm from midle eastern too, from a race that had a lot of genocides over years. Unlike most of people, I though they will laugh and pass on it. So as people hate it, I realized I was wrong and apologized.

You know nothing about me and try to tag me with being nazi and anti-semitist. Bruh, my native language have origin of arabic/persian language, I'm the semitic lol

Happy merchant meme is actually a hate symbol and known for being derogatory on the internet for years. I didn't call you a Naz* cause I think using that word takes away from the horrible and disgusting things the actual ones did/do. But being from the middle east does not excuse you or your behavior at all. Your apology was a joke and so are your excuses. Multiple people have explained to you why you are wrong. Know better do better

5 minutes ago, whiteking said:

With all due respect, your Chinese proficiency is really poor

“这下不得不支持小胡子了”you translated it as" I support Hitler ", but there is no" 我 "(I) in this sentence. Your translation is completely wrong, in fact, his subject is Jewish, referring to" soap "inheriting the spirit of Nazi (supporting Hitler)

You need to know that if soap is to be associated with the Nazis, it is a very serious topic in China. Because China opposed fascism in the World War II.Tieba even added a section called "Hell's Jokes" specifically for this, which means these topics are serious and cannot be laughed at, so those who laugh need to go to hell!

This is a way of expressing without the subject "I," which is very common in online usage in China.

I am a Chinese native speaker so you should't doubt about my chinese proficiency

3 minutes ago, Seberiangay said:

This is a way of expressing without the subject "I," which is very common in online usage in China.

I am a Chinese native speaker so you should't doubt about my chinese proficiency

But you are definitely not a Chinese nationality. You do not understand the language of the Chinese Internet

3 minutes ago, whiteking said:

But you are definitely not a Chinese nationality. You do not understand the language of the Chinese Internet

I am  a Chinese nationality . I graduated from a Chinese university and relocated to the United States two years ago. Do I need to show you my passport or other documents?

21 minutes ago, whiteking said:

With all due respect, your Chinese proficiency is really poor

“这下不得不支持小胡子了”you translated it as" I support Hitler ", but there is no" 我 "(I) in this sentence. Your translation is completely wrong, in fact, his subject is Jewish, referring to" soap "inheriting the spirit of Nazi (supporting Hitler)

“这下不得不支持小胡子了” means: "(Since this has happened), (I) have to support Hitler now", implying that they would support the Nazis solely because they hate the Jewish people.

I don't see any issues with using "I" in the translation

2 minutes ago, whiteking said:

Then what is the actual translation? Because any translator that you put it into it comes out with a variation of "Now I have to support Mustache." Was the other post properly translated that was also Jewish hate or are you ignoring that one as well. Also weird you want to call an admin for "misunderstood translation" but didn't ask for one when swastikas or antisemitic pictures were posted.

2 minutes ago, ladylz said:

Then what is the actual translation? Because any translator that you put it into it comes out with a variation of "Now I have to support Mustache." Was the other post properly translated that was also Jewish hate or are you ignoring that one as well. Also weird you want to call an admin for "misunderstood translation" but didn't ask for one when swastikas or antisemitic pictures were posted.

Mustache is refering to Hitler's mustache(quite recognisable), so it's a pretty accurate translation.

1 minute ago, ladylz said:

Using software translation to understand Chinese is incorrect. If the software can express it correctly, then we won't have any misunderstandings with Klei.

4 minutes ago, _zwb said:

“这下不得不支持小胡子了”'s meaning is: "(Since this has happened), (I) have to support Hitler now"

I don't see any issues with that

They support hitler just because a jew wanted to modify a skin and klei took his advice.

3 minutes ago, ladylz said:

It's like typing lol and you get '英雄联盟'(League of Legends), but it actually means laughing loudly. Translation software is not accurate.

10 minutes ago, Seberiangay said:

I am a Chinese nationality . I graduated from a Chinese university and relocated to the United States two years ago. Do I need to show you my passport or other documents?

Don't mislead everyone with incorrect Chinese anymore. Perhaps you have studied Chinese before, but it is difficult for you to understand the Chinese language of the internet. I'm going to bed now. It's very late in China now

5 minutes ago, whiteking said:

It's like typing lol and you get '英雄联盟'(League of Legends), but it actually means laughing loudly. Translation software is not accurate.

Still haven't said what the actual translation is 

27 minutes ago, whiteking said:

So what about the second sentence? (why didn't nazi kill the jews all) there is definitely no translation error. yt is the abbreviation of 犹太(you tai) and 图 is the homophone of 屠(kill)

27 minutes ago, whiteking said:

Perhaps you have studied Chinese before, but it is difficult for you to understand the Chinese language of the internet.

I was born and raised in China until I completed my undergraduate studies. the Chinese language of the internet in tieba or bilibili is not a problem for me

55 minutes ago, whiteking said:

Can someone help me call the administrator? I don't know how to do this

A friend here misunderstood the meaning of Chinese, and he mentioned a very serious topic, which is related to World War II. I need the administrator to deal with it

I know you want to cover up the excessive speech in the Chinese community, But please take a closer look at those comments, they do have prejudice against Jews.

The Chinese DS community has indeed seen a lot of hate speech against Jews recently, which is precisely the result of Klei's skin modification. Many of these comments can cause discomfort for many people in non Chinese communities, as Chinese people do like to use overly aggressive language when expressing disputes and anger. This cannot be said to be their fault.

For Chinese people, Jews are an unfamiliar ethnic group. However, due to the skin changes made by Klei this time, some Chinese people who do not know the truth have shifted their hatred towards Jews, and I am very sad. And to change this, it can only be done by Klei who caused it all.

Just now, Dextops said:

That doesn’t really change the situation

like at all

It could make the situation worse if that person doesn't exist. People would start attacking that user and make more pointless arguments.

Just now, Captain_Rage said:

If Klei employees stated that they will work on their communication it means they will do it. A lot different things are going on now. Give them a breather. Let's take it one step at a time.

Yes, I'm glad Klei is currently trying to communicate instead of deleting the post. Things are moving in a positive direction, as misunderstandings caused by barriers are gradually being eliminated, which is also beneficial for everyone.

1 hour ago, Seberiangay said:

那么他们相信这位犹太朋友继承了纳粹的精神?此外,我怀疑他们对受害者有任何同情:

翻译:这就是为什么我支持希特勒,现在有 22 票赞成

1326211963_WeixinImage_20230629145510.jpg.96c3a2ab9bcc48e3a851fab9d681d7ed.jpg

翻译:纳粹为什么不把犹太人全部杀光

1725520065_WeixinImage_20230629145503.thumb.png.01a0096f3d2b7e0a959e4849b56fec0d.png

如果我的回答引起任何不适,我深表歉意

I can't argue with the statement on the picture, but I can make it clear that this is just their way of expressing their anger (too extreme of course), but it doesn't mean that they really support the Nazis, considering that the Chinese have also been victims of fascism in history.

40 minutes ago, liuyuncangye said:

I can't argue with the statement on the picture, but I can make it clear that this is just their way of expressing their anger (too extreme of course), but it doesn't mean that they really support the Nazis, considering that the Chinese have also been victims of fascism in history.

Let me help you understand the first sentence word by word. "这下" is "this time"/  “不得不” is “have to”/ "支持" is "support"/  “小胡子” is "mustache" which refers to Adolf Hitler. And the subject of "I" in this sentence is omitted by grammar in Chinese. 

If you copy the whole sentence of "这下不得不支持小胡子了” into google translate, you will get the "I" back see “Now I have to support Mustache."

Some Chinese are trying to cover their racism by lying, being even more despicable.

Archived