[CONTENT WARNING] I hope Klei can explain what is“Our Chinese community are largely supportive”

whiteking

33 minutes ago, JoeW said:

我昨晚更新了我的帖子,说了以下内容

该声明的目的是让人们意识到我发布的链接并不代表中国玩家。因为这些帖子非常不恰当,我想确保他们不代表中国玩家。

我不想让玩家看到我在帖子顶部写的内容,并相信我的意思是中国玩家应该为这些变化负责,而不是因为不恰当的帖子而受到指责。“我们的华人社区基本上都支持我们,而且非常棒。” 本来是关于社区本身,而不是决定。 

我不希望这听起来像是我将这一切归咎于理解上的误解,我一开始就应该更好地表达这一点。 

我的意图不是、也永远不会说任何一群人对我们所做的决定有感觉。

此外,我的声明是“我们了解社区的感受”。只是为了确认我们正在阅读反馈。这并不是说我们知道每个人对中国一切的感受。 

当我写那篇文章时,我并不知道贴吧上有这个帖子,只是在谈论我们自己的官方社交媒体。

我对沟通不畅表示歉意。我将与我们的团队合作,确保在这方面发布其他内容,并确保我们今后能更好地了解情况。 

Due to translation issues, many languages have been misunderstood. However, I have roughly understood your meaning and will also convey your explanation to the Chinese community. Personally, I understand your explanation, but I still want to ask what the official Chinese community refers to

2 minutes ago, zmklol said:

Due to translation issues, many languages have been misunderstood. However, I have roughly understood your meaning and will also convey your explanation to the Chinese community. Personally, I understand your explanation, but I still want to ask what the official Chinese community refers to

I will get translation for the post, however most people in the office haven't started work yet, so it might take a little bit. 

41 分钟前 JoeW 说:

我昨天更新了我的帖子,内容如下

该声明的目的是为了让大家认识到我发布的链接并不代表中国玩家。因为这些帖子非常不代表中国玩家,我想确保他们不代表中国玩家。

我不想让玩家看到我在帖子顶部写的内容,并相信我的意思是中国玩家应该为这些变化负责,而不是因为不增加的帖子而承担责任。 

我的目的不是、也永远不会说任何人对我们所做的决定有感觉。

此外,我的声明是“我们了解社区的感受”。只是为了确认我们正在阅读阅读读反馈。这并不是说我们知道每个人对中国万物的感受。 

当我写那篇文章的时候,我并不知道Teiba有这篇文章,只是在谈论我们自己的官方社交媒体。我对沟通不畅表示歉意。我会和我我们的团队合作,确保在这方面发布

其他内容,并确保我们今后能够更好地了解情况。 

我可以很明确的告诉你,你一手毁掉了keil多年来在华人社区所获得的良好声誉

你们以可笑的、不可理解的、甚至不存在的理由改变了自己的皮肤,并以傲慢的方式无视华人社区的声音。

在中国玩家看来,这代表着keil由于某些极端的政治正确而满足了少数人的无理要求,而忽视了真正更广泛的受众和给你钱的玩家的意见。

更可怕的是,如果发生了第一次,很可能会发生第二次,甚至更多。

现在撤消此问题为时已晚,但如果您愿意,您仍然可以尽力修复它:

5 hours ago, _zwb said:

这是一个中文论坛上的 帖子回答了这个确切的问题。

他们要求:

• 退款,无论是金钱还是线轴
  • 直接回答中国玩家的问题,而不是锁帖
  • JoeW的道歉
  • 有些人还要求添加两种皮肤,以便玩家可以选择

很有道理。

2 minutes ago, liuyuncangye said:

我可以很明确的告诉你,你一手毁掉了keil多年来在华人社区所获得的良好声誉

你们以可笑的、不可理解的、甚至不存在的理由改变了自己的皮肤,并以傲慢的方式无视华人社区的声音。

在中国玩家看来,这代表着keil由于某些极端的政治正确而满足了少数人的无理要求,而忽视了真正更广泛的受众和给你钱的玩家的意见。

更可怕的是,如果发生了第一次,很可能会发生第二次,甚至更多。

现在撤消此问题为时已晚,但如果您愿意,您仍然可以尽力修复它:

Based on your grammar and words, I don't think you're a real Chinese.

1 minute ago, Hupo said:

中国有你这样清醒的球员,真是一件好事。

5 minutes ago, Hupo said:

中国有你这样清醒的球员,真是一件好事。

I feel very sad. What you said completely did not take into account the actual reaction of Chinese players. The person you replied to is just a bad person who provokes trouble through language barriers, and many real Chinese players are urging everyone to restore their sanity.

I hope the administrator can think more and be more cautious when responding to similar matters.

At the same time, I hope Klei can listen to the opinions of Chinese players more comprehensively and do some work to make it more convenient for Chinese players to provide feedback on issues.

13 minutes ago, JoeW said:

我会得到该职位的翻译,但是办公室里的大多数人还没有开始工作,所以可能需要一点时间。 

That is to say, can Chinese players obtain an exclusive forum that can truly communicate with you? That's really great

38 minutes ago, zmklol said:

That is to say, can Chinese players obtain an exclusive forum that can truly communicate with you? That's really great

He means his colleague will help him to translate his post. This will cost some time.

Recurrent-by-now topics akin this one is why companies should remain politically neutral, not take any stance whatsoever on divisive issues (especially if is about some minor/fringe minority wanting to impose things on a majority - in this case, yes, Chinese DST-playing community is about 2x to 3x more numerous than all other communities around the world combined), and just ignore any "controversy" cultural trolls from all political aisle may initiate over nonsense. All present shenanigans began with that particular "I have a friend who got offended" topic: rather puzzling a 101 trolling tactic, namely the "just asking for a friend" one, mobilized KLei to take a stance - and arguably what sired the ire of seemingly part of the Chinese community. Yes, new Alter/"Moon"-shaped Wigfrid's Helmet motif is more in-tune with in-game lore, but the fact KLei "realized" original Hexagon adornment was a mistake after a classic 101-troll tactic isn't good optics by no stretch of the imagination. More-so coming from a "politically correctness" angle - when will the Anglo-sphere understand "politically correctness" is highly unpopular in most of the world, China in particular?!

37 minutes ago, Hupo said:

He means his colleague will help him to translate his post. This will spends some time.

don't response, you won't have time spending on them

update:

this tread is response to Hupo based on the below thread, not for the explanation Hupo gives

46 minutes ago, zmklol said:

I feel very sad. What you said completely did not take into account the actual reaction of Chinese players. The person you replied to is just a bad person who provokes trouble through language barriers, and many real Chinese players are urging everyone to restore their sanity.

44 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

-snip-

The thing is Klei had already changed his quotes. They were totally fine with that.

They removed him because they couldn't make him interesting or fun to play. So they decided to start from scratch again. The removal of Warbucks was not because of his cultural back story.

Sometimes in game development you got to scrap things that don't work, and Warbucks was just that.

5 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

The thing is Klei had already changed his quotes. They were totally fine with that.

They removed him because they couldn't make him interesting or fun to play. So they decided to start from scratch again. The removal of Warbucks was not because of his cultural back story.

So instead of working on making him a better character, or simply leaving him as is for a small group of people who enjoyed him, they just deleted him. Nice

I think this matter requires some calmness

Chinese players are very angry, this is a fact

But there is a misunderstanding between us and Klei, which is also a fact

It may come from many aspects, such as translation, such as the channels through which Klei obtains information

Perhaps we need some new ways of communication

34 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

So instead of working on making him a better character, or simply leaving him as is for a small group of people who enjoyed him, they just deleted him. Nice

They never actually deleted him. They still kept him in the game for those who would like to still play him, but he wouldn't get any new quotes or updates. You just have to enable him with console commands now.

1 minute ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Yes!

An unreasonable character can be modified, but it should not be roughly deleted, which will make players who like it very sad

19 minutes ago, Clarence Ho said:

don't response, you won't have time spending on them

What do you want to do?

When everyone starts sitting down to discuss, do you want to use some inexplicable words to make the situation more chaotic?

I don't know who the real troublemaker is

14 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Here’s the thing: Warbucks was deleted from DS history before the game ever launched on Xbox/Ps/Nintendo, so adding him back randomly NOW would just get terribly confusing..

Sure they could introduce him as a new DLC character I suppose- But people are Already familiar with the Character who Replaced Warbucks: Wheeler.

who is actually on PS/XBox/Nintendo, So therefore instead of getting this Obscure character who was only ever in the PC version of the game.. more people would prefer Wheeler.

HOWEVER.. if Klei wants to throw in a nod towards Warbucks having existed- It would be beyond Epic if he ends up being the true “Bad Guy” after we Inevitably free Innocent little Charlie Winona’s little sister- From the Influence and control of “Them”

Just a shocking moment of “hey you guys remember that one guy who was once playable decades ago but was pulled from the character list and removed from existence? He has been up to no good being particularly Evil or maybe he just tampered with something he wasn’t meant to and transformed into a mutant Werepig chained to pillars in the caves”

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Here’s the thing: Warbucks was deleted from DS history before the game ever launched on Xbox/Ps/Nintendo, so adding him back randomly NOW would just get terribly confusing..

Sure they could introduce him as a new DLC character I suppose- But people are Already familiar with the Character who Replaced Warbucks: Wheeler.

who is actually on PS/XBox/Nintendo, So therefore instead of getting this Obscure character who was only ever in the PC version of the game.. more people would prefer Wheeler.

HOWEVER.. if Klei wants to throw in a nod towards Warbucks having existed- It would be beyond Epic if he ends up being the true “Bad Guy” after we Inevitably free Innocent little Charlie Winona’s little sister- From the Influence and control of “Them”

Just a shocking moment of “hey you guys remember that one guy who was once playable decades ago but was pulled from the character list and removed from existence? He has been up to no good being particularly Evil or maybe he just tampered with something he wasn’t meant to and transformed into a mutant Werepig chained to pillars in the caves”

I don't think Wheelers have replaced Warbucks because their differences are too significant.

Warbucks are not perfect, everyone is aware of this, but he is a very unique character that, after modification, can come to this world

guys, I don't mean to be a discord mod, but this thread isn't really about warbucks. it's about..... well, I don't think it's my right to say what it's about but it's definitely not about warbucks, so can we leave that discussion for a thread that might show up in the future?

3 minutes ago, viberr said:

伙计们,我不想成为一个不和谐的国防部,但这个线程不是真的关于warbucks。这是关于.....嗯,我不认为我有权利说它是关于什么的,但它肯定不是关于warbucks的,所以我们可以把这个讨论留给将来可能出现的一个线程吗?

oh……I began this thread,but I think maybe warbucks can be included in the discussion... as a dessert after dinner, or as a calm and relaxed topic for everyone to discuss after the argument, after all, they have a certain relationship with this topic

I sincerely don’t mean to steer up any controversy but.. I don’t understand what the big deal was well rather should I say “Is” since there’s several other skins STILL in the game that bare the 6 sided star symbol (including some for Midsummers Cawnival)

But also I don’t actively study or participate in any given religion so I don’t understand the significance behind what’s so wrong it..

I only have one question, do Chinese people NOT play tiaoqi ??

I mean forgive me, I was born in the late 80’s and growing up, the board game seemed very very popular to me.

My only concern is that other skins baring the same symbol will be edited/removed.

Archived