[Game Update] - 560308

3 hours ago, Memetan said:

Can we just make pillars or columns to get protection from boulders and rain? Like @ADMsuggested. It would be perfect, not only because of the protection, but also to add a new craft to the new ShadowCraft Plinth that already has few crafts, and as an awesome way to decorate caves.

272457329_49_20230604135629.thumb.png.e5a26aa46a017e99fa2a902739ade215.png.00737b49ff51990d66b6b5c5e1348333.png1677156383_48_20230604134300.thumb.png.794cc679a45bf1836f6f12f00e04d5ec.png.43c0db0dfffdd33222f5f86818f4eab0.png

Pictures are from @Creatorofswamps

Please klei let us be more creative heheh

• Like 2
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Health 1
  • Potato Cup 1

To add to people's 'expanding' Umbrella suggestion.

Rather than a stagnant object, if it worked like a staff that just casted an 'umbrella' that floats above the player. I think that would, not only make it incredibly useful for the acid rain, but then also be a convenience for the usual rain in spring. That way you can just cast this 'buff' and use whatever equipment (which ofc includes the Brightshade gear for murdering shadow fellas). It would be freeing and worthwhile. Then you just gotta add a 'less protective' piece of gear for the moments before you kill the Ink Blights, and voila.

Unless Klei has some other anti-acid rain features planned, I really think the extra work would be worth it.

• Like 16
  • Big Ups 2

I do hope the unique faces for the shadow hood is added later on when you guys have time. I loved this feature.

Maybe add it back for this hallowed nights? As a little treat.

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Memetan said:

Can we just make pillars or columns to get protection from boulders and rain? Like @ADMsuggested. It would be perfect, not only because of the protection, but also to add a new craft to the new ShadowCraft Plinth that already has few crafts, and as an awesome way to decorate caves.

272457329_49_20230604135629.thumb.png.e5a26aa46a017e99fa2a902739ade215.png.00737b49ff51990d66b6b5c5e1348333.png1677156383_48_20230604134300.thumb.png.794cc679a45bf1836f6f12f00e04d5ec.png.43c0db0dfffdd33222f5f86818f4eab0.png

Pictures are from @Creatorofswamps

Kinda like the monkey queens thing! I would love something like this but it’d have to be really expensive 

1 hour ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Nightmare Werepig Figure (Marble / Moonglass / Stone)

Reveal hidden contents

chesspiece_daywalker_marble.gif.1c40ee6022fe5f8f67ff294f8491c10d.gif chesspiece_daywalker_moonglass.gif.719c530731f5e6825809e719290a847f.gif chesspiece_daywalker_stone.gif.865969ffb3fa3e8995189b41facc1fb5.gif

Terror Below Main Menu Animation (Updated)

Reveal hidden contents

dst_menu_rift2.thumb.gif.0d495853b786599f9f41642e67b82cc1.gif

Wilson with Void Cowl and Void Robe (Old vs New)

Reveal hidden contents

wilson-voidset-old.gif.8a312408d2356a5a77424bc3d8150018.gif  wilson-voidset-new.gif.e5c0f9d519bf26df6147edd6247d0ae7.gif

The cowl should have no eyes at all. There's still many edge cases where it looks silly, like when worn by followers

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Okay, I have no idea why people are complaining about boulders not targeting structures. I think it's the perfect solution. I'm satisfied with it.

Yes, it's not "realistic," but I'm pretty sure realism got tossed out the window once we started punching butterflies for butter that we eat to heal our injuries.

• Like 7
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1

26 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Okay, I have no idea why people are complaining about boulders not targeting structures. I think it's the perfect solution. I'm satisfied with it.

It's not a good solution because it went from 'problem you want something to deter' to 'pointless annoyance.' Not to say they weren't, more or less, a pointless annoyance before, but the destruction gave enough incentive to seek a solution. Now though, it adds absolutely nothing but harmless tedium to mine.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It's not a good solution because it went from 'problem you want something to deter' to 'pointless annoyance.' Not to say they weren't, more or less, a pointless annoyance before, but the destruction gave enough incentive to seek a solution. Now though, it adds absolutely nothing but harmless tedium to mine.

It was always a pointless annoyance, and it will continue to be a pointless annoyance as long as it's in the game. What you're asking is for it to be a resource drain on top of it. I like Klei's solution much, much, MUCH more.

I'm really not interested in making "Ice Flingomatics, but for earthquakes" just to keep my stuff from being destroyed.

• Like 4
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1

1 hour ago, Ryusuta said:

Yes, it's not "realistic," but I'm pretty sure realism got tossed out the window once we started punching butterflies for butter that we eat to heal our injuries.

People complaining because the boulders are meaningless now. Before they had at least a purpose - base destruction - even tho it was implemented bad. Now they don't provide any challenge whatsoever while still blocking the players. What is the point of adding them then? Moving from "unfair" to "pointless" is not the perfect solution, and I am pretty sure there are many ways to either rebalance or replace them with something interesting.

Edited by Pticman
  • Like 11
  • Wavey 1

5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

There really isn't much purpose for the umbrella if the void armor provides full acid rain protection. I'm not sure that's the ideal direction to go.

Especially because... isn't the whole idea to wear the Brightshade gear to fight shadow monsters?

Similar concerns with the boulders. I said it before but I don't want less problems, I want more solutions. The boulders remain an addition that don't add a whole lot other than mining tedium. I'm frankly not really sure what the point is. At least acid rain gives us a boost in nitre from ponds and bats.

The talking scythe & NWP statue are cool.

As a whole though, I'm very concerned now that the cave mechanics are going to wind up half baked. I do understand you're on a schedule but the solutions chosen here are very simple, mundane, and don't provide a lot of fun 'counterplay' wiggle room.

Summed up every issue here very concisely.

3 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:
  Reveal hidden contents

dst_menu_rift2.thumb.gif.0d495853b786599f9f41642e67b82cc1.gif

Lol they they're now in the caves and not outside anymore 

@HorneteGot his wish. Are you happy now.

• Shopcat 1

9 minutes ago, Pticman said:

People complaining because the boulders are meaningless now. Before they had at least a purpose - base destruction - even tho it was implemented bad. Now they don't provide any challenge whatsoever while still blocking the players. What is the point of adding them then? Moving from "unfair" to "pointless" is not the perfect solution, and I am pretty sure there are many ways to either rebalance or replace them with something interesting.

That purpose was a lame one and shouldn't have been on the table. I dunno why the forums suddenly did a 180 and thought it would be fun to have bases destroyed completely at random, but I will never agree with that idea.

• Like 7
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1

19 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

That purpose was a lame one and shouldn't have been on the table. I dunno why the forums suddenly did a 180 and thought it would be fun to have bases destroyed completely at random, but I will never agree with that idea.

When people are disappointed with this change, they are actually disappoint that Klei is not using the better scheme on the forum.

a threat that needs to and can be confront (new meaningful things to do) > a pointless annoyance (just bother you) > a threat that cannot be confront (Absolutely terrible )

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

It was always a pointless annoyance, and it will continue to be a pointless annoyance as long as it's in the game. What you're asking is for it to be a resource drain on top of it. I like Klei's solution much, much, MUCH more.

I'm really not interested in making "Ice Flingomatics, but for earthquakes" just to keep my stuff from being destroyed.

Look, look I get you, but pillars would be really cool for decor 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Memetan said:

I'd like this, though I'd honestly prefer if it were implemented some other update rather than off the cuff of this one. After all, pillars already have their fair share of cheeses.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, V2C said:
    • Please note that while we would’ve loved to make this work, it is too complicated at this time to fix the layering issues as well as have it work with every skin in the game.

Were the layering issues really that bad? I haven't been able to play the beta until now but the unique faces for the hoods was so charming, and imo didn't need to be different with skins.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Were the layering issues really that bad? I haven't been able to play the beta until now but the unique faces for the hoods was so charming, and imo didn't need to be different with skins.

I'm sure it can be re-added with mods. If anyone who knows a thing or 2 about mods has some time to kill, there's something you can look into.

2 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

I'm sure it can be re-added with mods. If anyone who knows a thing or 2 about mods has some time to kill, there's something you can look into.

Of course, but it's still always a shame when something neat gets removed and has to be added back with mods. (I still want Wilson's original beta idle animation back)

• Like 6