[Game Update] - 560308

19 minutes ago, Memetan said:

Can we just make pillars or columns to get protection from boulders and rain? Like @ADMsuggested. It would be perfect, not only because of the protection, but also to add a new craft to the new to the ShadowCraft Plinth that already has few crafts, and as an awesome way to decorate caves.

272457329_49_20230604135629.thumb.png.e5a26aa46a017e99fa2a902739ade215.png.00737b49ff51990d66b6b5c5e1348333.png1677156383_48_20230604134300.thumb.png.794cc679a45bf1836f6f12f00e04d5ec.png.43c0db0dfffdd33222f5f86818f4eab0.png

Pictures are from @Creatorofswamps

I'd be fine with this so long as it broke down over time otherwise it's really no different from the current situation a now pointless fluff mechanic that we don't even need to consider anymore...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Shadow Reaper whispers to players that have Shadow Affinity.

I think I'm missing something? Did klei just made a feature exclusive to Wilson? Or does this mean other characters are getting a similar way to pick a side, just like Wilson?

• Like 2

Just now, mkemal23 said:

I think I'm missing something? Did klei just made a feature exclusive to Wilson? Or does this mean other characters are getting a similar way to pick a side, just like Wilson?

Other characters will be able to pick a side, likely in the next update. 

• Like 5

Just now, mkemal23 said:

Well the side picking is confirmed to be something that's going to be a thing but probably not exactly like wilson

• Like 3

Man, not a fan of this hotfix. Umbralla has become completely useless now. The tweaks to acid rain and boulders are ok but giving acid rain immunity to both void cowl and robe is a really boring solution.

Could of made the umbralla a cool unique deployable area protection against acid rain..... oh well :wilsondisapproving:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

Are you more of an introvert (shadow) or manic-depressive (moon)?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Acid Rain’s damage to waterproofing items has decreased.
  • Players are protected from Acid Rain when wearing Void Cowl or Void Robe.
  • Earthquake boulders will no longer spawn over structures.
  • Player faces no longer show when equipping Void Cowl.
    • Please note that while we would’ve loved to make this work, it is too complicated at this time to fix the layering issues as well as have it work with every skin in the game.
  •  

Eh...  now we're completely homogenized visually with both sets...  I don't like this.  Kinda sucks b/c planar damage and set bonuses force us to use these.  I like choices and options, why are we losing choices and options with this???

If the cowl OR robe blocks acid rain, why would we ever craft the umbrella?  We don't get wet, so we don't need wetness protection just acid rain protection.  If it required both I could see that working b/c you might use the umbrella for backpacking around, but if the cowl or armor alone blocks it then I don't see the point.  I feel we need more choices rather than 1 stop solutions.

Also - feedback on acid rain, can we still let enemies get wet?  Really sucks losing the wetness factor, it was a great place to put lightning damage into effect.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Taking any damage tick cancels the healing.

Now you can just wear the voidcloth hat or armor and you'll be able to heal normally.

What about before you get the shadow equipment? Does the regular equipment like eyebrella protect from the acid rain as well?

Also, how long it now takes for the rain to fully dissolve it, compared to before?

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 1

Just now, Duck986 said:

What about before you get the shadow equipment? Does the regular equipment like eyebrella protect from the acid rain as well?

It prevents the damage, yes, but it will lose durability faster under the acid rain. Not as fast as before with this patch.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, ADM said:

That's kinda weird no ? Like you could have no issue just because you're hanging around a chest room ? Meh solution...

It doesn’t spawn directly on structures but it can still just as easily wall you in. I actually kinda like it. It’s all claustrophobic like a real cave-in is.

• Like 3
  • Ninja 1

10 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

I think I'm missing something? Did klei just made a feature exclusive to Wilson?

That's what I thought for a second but I'm guessing you get the shadow aligned status wearing the void gear, as shown here. Right?

7 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Umbralla has become completely useless now.

Not useless. You can choose now what slot you want to use for acid rain protection and use the rest for sanity, protection, lightsource, offense or anything else. What's really boring and frustrating is having one option.

Edited by astroapyr
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Earthquake boulders will no longer spawn over structures.

Personally, I'm sad to see the threat of these go away, but I think people will be a bit happier in terms of mega basing needs. I would still like to see some additional slight threats involved with these if possible. Maybe have a small chance to have one of the new ink blights spawn from the falling boulders or even in replace of one of the boulders instead? doesn't have to be this of course, but something to make the mechanic stand out a bit more from its counterpart antlion. 

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Players are protected from Acid Rain when wearing Void Cowl or Void Robe.

I think this is cool and will make it easier once you obtain the gear to deal with the new threats, though it does really invalidate and make the new umbralla obsolete once you get the new armor items. I love the design of umbralla and would hate to treat it as an item that's thrown away once I acquire the items from it. let it have some additional usage, niche or not, outside of 100% wet protection in hand slot to give it more usability.  

Thanks for the updates~

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, astroapyr said:

That's what I thought for a second but I'm guessing you get the shadow aligned status wearing the void gear, as shown here. Right?

Nope, it is the shadow aligned perk which is for now a wilson only thing

Edited by gamehun20

14 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Other characters will be able to pick a side, likely in the next update. 

13 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Well the side picking is confirmed to be something that's going to be a thing but probably not exactly like wilson

I knew about the "picking a side" thing but the way they said made me wonder if every character is going to get some kind of skill tree or something. :apthy:

10 minutes ago, abrocator said:

Are you more of an introvert (shadow) or manic-depressive (moon)?

Team Alter and Wagstaff is just better. :wilson_cool:

4 minutes ago, astroapyr said:

That's Wilson with the shadow courtier skill. the scythe doesn't talk with other characters .

Edited by mkemal23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei is afraid to add challenges to the game cause it wrecks peoples bases they spent a fortune in skins on. If this was still solo DS without pretty base skins, I’m sure we wouldn’t see the game trying to “Intentionally” avoid your base.

Why does everything need to be so black and white for you? Klei isn't afraid just because megabasers exist lmao.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, astroapyr said:

Not useless. You can choose now what slot you want to use for acid rain protection and use the rest for sanity, protection, lightsource, offense or anything else. What's really boring and frustrating is having one option.

Bet you 100 quid that everyone will just use the void cowl with a backpack and lantern anytime acid rain falls. 

I thought klei could of done something different to solve acid rain instead of just turning the void cowl into the cave eyebrella.

Such wasted potential is a shame... 

Klei are so scared to break new ground in these updates. They are playing it so ridiculously safe.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 2

Also I really hope that the boulder change is temporary as there are ideas on the forums on how to rework them to be challenging fun and non littering, this just removed a mechanic if you're near structures but still litter the caves if you don't clean them up.

• Like 9

Im hella sad you had to give up faces on the void cowl :( i hope they will return
Even without any skin-related effects they would be fine honestly. 
I just wanna point out that new environment effects in caves are more of a nuisance for base then actual threat to a player, i'd like to see more effects of acid rain and earthquakes supported by character's quote on incoming cataclysm. 
(acid rain could get somethig plant related later maybe?)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

Adding on to what others have said, it also speaks to Woodie.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Adding on to what others have said, it also speaks to Woodie.

It doesn't talk to Woodie yet, the unique strings are there for him, but it will not function for him until they get to the rest of the cast and give them a way to align with the shadows or moon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Modding during betas is, like, so cool bro you should try it

betamodding.thumb.jpg.0975c298396ab4dc15ce912257dfd8a2.jpg

(it's really just my fault for not being patient but I really preferred that 100 millions times than the new one despite the tiny little animation buggy bugs)

• Like 3
  • Sad 4