[Game Update] - 560308

13 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Really only wildfires there. Deerclops and fire hounds; as you said; you just bugger off to deal with. Same with antlion's sink holes, but you can just kill her at the start of summer to deal with that. And the only other thing I can think of is lightning, which is definitely no-maintenance as long as you get the lightning rods put down.

And most people already hate wildfires to the point of wanting the whole season of summer reworked so adding the same thing but in caves (where people are going to avoid wildfires) seems like not the right move here. I admit that I like the pillar idea that would function kinda like lightning rods and add decor like waterlogged trees on the surface but I'm also fine with the current solution because you still have to deal with boulders doing anything other than sitting in base but don't have to worry about everything you build being destroyed and maybe I'm the exception but I like the concept of boulders that have more risk than regular rocks but also more rewards in the form of more resources.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BGB said:

And most people already hate wildfires to the point of wanting the whole season of summer reworked so adding the same thing but in caves (where people are going to avoid wildfires) seems like not the right move here. I admit that I like the pillar idea that would function kinda like lightning rods and add decor like waterlogged trees on the surface but I'm also fine with the current solution because you still have to deal with boulders doing anything other than sitting in base but don't have to worry about everything you build being destroyed and maybe I'm the exception but I like the concept of boulders that have more risk than regular rocks but also more rewards in the form of more resources.

Yeah I get that I personally just turn wildfires off. I just want pillars for decor at this point I’m fine with the bolders as they are I just really want to walk into my cave base with marble pillars

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, Mysterious box said:

About as much of a danger as standing in fire I guess....

do the boulders do 10x more damage than the regular earthquakes? I fail to see how someone is "safe" beside  structure compared to tanking a boulder. the update just offers some form of refuge inside your base, but you will still dodge falling rocks both in and out of your base, regardless if its the old earthquake or the super quakes. At least now, they dont destroy bases, as they were only originally intended to make earthquakes scarier by dealing more dmg to the player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BB Marioni said:

as they were only originally intended

We don't know the original intention.

1 hour ago, BB Marioni said:

make earthquakes scarier by dealing more dmg to the player

That's not scary if it was earthquakes would have already been scary tweaking damage values isn't doing much.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Krotux said:

If we're keeping acid rain we should really have a way to repair the bone helm

Instead of “Acid Rain” Klei should’ve just let the caves “Bleed” with Pure Horror, which would’ve mutated mobs or gave them a boost in power/some new visuals. The Batilisks already semi do this- BUT..

Apparently the Daywalker/Nightmare Werepig has pure horror pulsing through its veins so it would’ve been really damn cool if other mobs gained this altered visual presence, maybe glows a bit with a new attack or two.

Klei could’ve saved “Acid Rain” for a new forest biome out at sea or something it could’ve done everything it does currently, and still have gave the Umbralla a use (like a Gasmask to travel through hamlets poisonous forest)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3
  • Wavey 1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:08 PM, Duck986 said:

Also, how long it now takes for the rain to fully dissolve it, compared to before?

its 10 times slower now than before. Currently each rain tick removes extra 3 seconds of usage for usage based waterproofer items like raincoat or eyebrella (for context default durability of eyebrella is 4320 seconds, raincoat 4800 seconds). Armors with waterproofer take 3 damage instead

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Instead of “Acid Rain” Klei should’ve just let the caves “Bleed” with Pure Horror, which would’ve mutated mobs or gave them a boost in power/some new visuals. The Batilisks already semi do this- BUT..

Apparently the Daywalker/Nightmare Werepig has pure horror pulsing through its veins so it would’ve been really damn cool if other mobs gained this altered visual presence, maybe glows a bit with a new attack or two.

Klei could’ve saved “Acid Rain” for a new forest biome out at sea or something it could’ve done everything it does currently, and still have gave the Umbralla a use (like a Gasmask to travel through hamlets poisonous forest)

Idk but then the rifts wouldn’t have affected the world as much (due the the niter ponds) and klei seems to want that 

2 hours ago, Parusoid said:

its 10 times slower now than before. Currently each rain tick removes extra 3 seconds of usage for usage based waterproofer items like raincoat or eyebrella (for context default durability of eyebrella is 4320 seconds, raincoat 4800 seconds). Armors with waterproofer take 3 damage instead

each tick? but if the game runs on 60 ticks per second, wouldn't that mean that each second will take 180 seconds of usage each real second, and the eyebrella would last just 24 real seconds? or am I missing something?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

The new Klei Fest announcement makes me worried we aren't going to see any more big changes to the update before release, tbh

Maybe the update should have been a two-parter. There’s still a lot I feel could use some work.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

The new Klei Fest announcement makes me worried we aren't going to see any more big changes to the update before release, tbh

Yeah, looks like this beta will probably go live next thursday to coincide with Kleifest kickoff + skin and merch drops.  tbh though, I'm okay with this beta as it sits, provided they actually come back to it.  The details of boulders, acid rain, set bonuses etc all could use more work.  Not just number tweaks, but like actual consideration for how these things should come at a player.  There is more to come, and Klei has told us more will change with the sets as this develops, so I guess we'll mark ourselves as "cautiously hopeful" at this point?

tbh the biggest thing I want right now doesn't even have to do with the beta, I hope they have some new Dreadstone armor / helm skins soon !!

• Like 6
  • Health 2

On 6/7/2023 at 9:04 PM, ADM said:

That's kinda weird no ? Like you could have no issue just because you're hanging around a chest room ? Meh solution...

I wish they shattered at least. Minning them is annoying.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duck986 said:

each tick? but if the game runs on 60 ticks per second, wouldn't that mean that each second will take 180 seconds of usage each real second, and the eyebrella would last just 24 real seconds? or am I missing something?

rain tick, not game tick. rain tick happens every 1.5 second

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I’m 125% sure the Klei fest update will be for Midsummers Cawnival Year 3, and they’ll likely keep doing the beta for another 2/3 weeks.

Week long betas isn’t enough time to gather enough feedback or bug reports.. it often leaves console players with a lot of nasty bugs in their rushed earliest build full release.. so I would PREFER if Klei could just do slightly longer betas on PC before releasing the (hopefully mostly patched) versions to other platforms.

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Week long betas isn’t enough time to gather enough feedback or bug reports..

I definitely think they should keep it in beta for longer, but if it releases next week that'd make it a two week long beta.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I definitely think they should keep it in beta for longer, but if it releases next week that'd make it a two week long beta.

Part of me says “keep it in beta for a month to get all the bugs out” but i also want the final From Beyond update to release asap because then we get get more changes to things because klei can get better feedback because we’ll have the full picture. I really want to see the full potential of all the updates and that can’t be seen until the final one is in beta.(also I play on switch and we’re like a month behind y’all on PC and I want to spend at least some of my summer playing the from beyond updates at their best form)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m 125% sure the Klei fest update will be for Midsummers Cawnival Year 3, and they’ll likely keep doing the beta for another 2/3 weeks.

Week long betas isn’t enough time to gather enough feedback or bug reports.. it often leaves console players with a lot of nasty bugs in their rushed earliest build full release.. so I would PREFER if Klei could just do slightly longer betas on PC before releasing the (hopefully mostly patched) versions to other platforms.

Thing is...  there aren't that many bugs here.  They disabled boulders falling on structures and drastically reduced acid rain's damage to standard waterproof gear.  They clipped the extra damage bug from the scythe.  They wrote off trying to layer the faces with the cowl.  What else is there?

We already went through all the planetary problems last patch, and while Klei softened the system its obvious they are married to it, at least for now.  They aren't going to change boulders dropping or acid rain, just nerf them like they did everything else.  The devs did say some of this content like set bonuses would be developed later in combination with future releases.

It sucks to see systems just get nerfed and Klei moves on, but if that's where we're at that's where we're at.  I could reiterate all of my frustrations with the planar damage singling out characters who really aren't the problem they are being made out to be, I could go on about how it sucks to have wetness removed while in caves and how acid rain doesn't really change much from wetness except that it taxes you or requires the new gear, endlessly rant about how versioning gear and working with stat boosts instead of effect based variance is a poor direction to go with the game and how homogenizing the cast will leave the game feeling more dull in this new "end game" but to what end?  If Klei won't change it, they won't change it.  I've more then said my peace about last update and this one.  At this point all I can really say is Okay Klei, if this is what you're going to do and you're so sure it will all make sense in the end, then just bring it.  Bring this amazing end game that is your vision and please don't turn DST into a zombie or mmorpg.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

Thing is...  there aren't that many bugs here.  They disabled boulders falling on structures and drastically reduced acid rain's damage to standard waterproof gear.  They clipped the extra damage bug from the scythe.  They wrote off trying to layer the faces with the cowl.  What else is there?

We already went through all the planetary problems last patch, and while Klei softened the system its obvious they are married to it, at least for now.  They aren't going to change boulders dropping or acid rain, just nerf them like they did everything else.  The devs did say some of this content like set bonuses would be developed later in combination with future releases.

It sucks to see systems just get nerfed and Klei moves on, but if that's where we're at that's where we're at.  I could reiterate all of my frustrations with the planar damage singling out characters who really aren't the problem they are being made out to be, I could go on about how it sucks to have wetness removed while in caves and how acid rain doesn't really change much from wetness except that it taxes you or requires the new gear, endlessly rant about how versioning gear and working with stat boosts instead of effect based variance is a poor direction to go with the game and how homogenizing the cast will leave the game feeling more dull in this new "end game" but to what end?  If Klei won't change it, they won't change it.  I've more then said my peace about last update and this one.  At this point all I can really say is Okay Klei, if this is what you're going to do and you're so sure it will all make sense in the end, then just bring it.  Bring this amazing end game that is your vision and please don't turn DST into a zombie or mmorpg.

Yeah I think that their only gonna change major things about the update when we have the full “From Beyond” updates

10 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Yeah, looks like this beta will probably go live next thursday to coincide with Kleifest kickoff + skin and merch drops.  tbh though, I'm okay with this beta as it sits, provided they actually come back to it.  The details of boulders, acid rain, set bonuses etc all could use more work.  Not just number tweaks, but like actual consideration for how these things should come at a player.  There is more to come, and Klei has told us more will change with the sets as this develops, so I guess we'll mark ourselves as "cautiously hopeful" at this point?

tbh the biggest thing I want right now doesn't even have to do with the beta, I hope they have some new Dreadstone armor / helm skins soon !!

it is confirmed to be coming next week

image.png.60b4968abbdd695d801ba6852697f634.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 6/7/2023 at 1:54 PM, V2C said:
  • Acid Rain’s damage to waterproofing items has decreased.

The recent nerf to acid rain's damage to worn items feels pretty drastic.
I appreciate toning it down a bit, and the inclusion of more ways to protect yourself from it is nifty, but in its current state the durability drain feels very lackluster for how late of a threat it is meant to be.
I hope this can be looked into again.

• Like 7
  • Health 1