[Game Update] - 560308

• Developer

Changes

• Acid Rain’s damage to waterproofing items has decreased.
  • Players are protected from Acid Rain when wearing Void Cowl or Void Robe.
  • Bats in Acid Rain will now have a chance to drop Nitre.
  • Earthquake boulders will no longer spawn over structures.
  • Added a popup confirmation to trigger the offering to the Beckoning Hand.
  • Starting the Charlie cutscene now forces the Ancient Gateway to finish its destabilization process immediately.
  • The Rift can now be inspected.
  • Added sounds for when the Rift expands.
  • Added sounds for the Charlie cutscene and Beckoning Hand.
  • Shadow Reaper whispers to players that have Shadow Affinity.
  • Player faces no longer show when equipping Void Cowl.
    • Please note that while we would’ve loved to make this work, it is too complicated at this time to fix the layering issues as well as have it work with every skin in the game.
  • Slightly reduced health of winged Ink Blight and slightly increased health of horned Ink Blight.
  • Increased Dark Tatters drop rate from Ink Blights.
  • Reduced Dark Tatters cost for crafting Umbralla.
  • Dreadstone Wall blueprint is now guaranteed to drop.
  • Added Nightmare Werepig Figure and Nightmare Werepig Sketch.
  • Added Brightshade Shoevel to the Food & Gardening crafting filter.
  • Added a Settings option to disable Scrapbook Alerts.
  • Added a button to clear all “new” Scrapbook entries.

Bug Fixes

• Added missing death strings for Miasma and Acid Rain.
  • Added missing crafting description for Brightshade Shoevel.
  • Fixed Shadow Reaper being able to harvest things other than plants.
  • Removed some items from the Scrapbook that are left over from Single Player Don’t Starve.
  • Added some missing items to the Scrapbook.
  • Fixed the “summer” insulating info in the Scrapbook.
  • Fixed a case where the Scrapbook would not remember seeing a thing if the player did not click on the entry.
  • Fixed Woodie’s Idols missing the character’s avatar icon in the Scrapbook.
  • Woodie is no longer slowed by Miasma while in wereform.
  • Fixed Beckoning Hand spawning when Ancient Fuelweaver disappears off-screen.
  • Earthquake boulders will no longer spawn in areas it should not, like the Archives.
  • Fixed being able to sit on tables, plates, vases, etc.
  • Shadowcraft Plinth will no longer be remembered by players for crafting.
  • Fixed an errant sound when picking up gems.
  • Fixed the Void set bonus stacking repeatedly when switching Void Cowls.
  • Fixed a crash when inspecting a Moleworm while it was burrowing and some other cases.
  • Fixed Merms, Pigs, Bunnymen, and other workers getting stuck trying to work when interrupted right as they start working.
  • Ink Blights will properly deaggro from hidden players, e.g. using Snurtle Shell Armor.
  • Fixed bug where Resting Horror may appear immediately when a new chair is crafted.
  • Fixed various animation bugs with players sitting on chairs.
  • Fixed certain red parts of Ink Blights not showing in the dark.
  • Fixed animation loops for all Ink Blights.
  • Fixed a crash with Wigfrid attacking the winged Ink Blight.
  • Fixed a crash when typing special characters into the Scrapbook search bar.

Notes for Modders

• Modded characters will add scrapbook progression by defaulting back to Wilson when inspecting things.
  • inst.highlightoverride has been added to set a fallback for when players hover their cursors over the target prefab.

View full update

• Like 38
  • Thanks 5
  • Health 1

7 minutes ago, V2C said:

Earthquake boulders will no longer spawn over structures.

That's kinda weird no ? Like you could have no issue just because you're hanging around a chest room ? Meh solution...

• Like 20
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 4

2 minutes ago, ADM said:

That's kinda weird no ? Like you could have no issue just because you're hanging around a chest room ? Meh solution...

I wish they removed it entirely. A really boring punishment that lacks depth and adds nothing interesting to the game.

• Like 20
  • Shopcat 1

4 minutes ago, ADM said:

Klei is afraid to add challenges to the game cause it wrecks peoples bases they spent a fortune in skins on. If this was still solo DS without pretty base skins, I’m sure we wouldn’t see the game trying to “Intentionally” avoid your base.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

9 minutes ago, ADM said:

Yeah kinda sad we didn’t get like a pillar craftable to stop earth quakes in a specific area. This change just kinda seems confusing

• Like 16
  • Sad 4

16 minutes ago, V2C said:
    • Please note that while we would’ve loved to make this work, it is too complicated at this time to fix the layering issues as well as have it work with every skin in the game.

Could you just make one generic face for every character irrespective of the skin they have?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, V2C said:

Please note that while we would’ve loved to make this work, it is too complicated at this time to fix the layering issues as well as have it work with every skin in the game.

Aww, a shame. I hope it can be done sometime in the future.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei is afraid to add challenges to the game cause it wrecks peoples bases they spent a fortune in skins on. If this was still solo DS without pretty base skins, I’m sure we wouldn’t see the game trying to “Intentionally” avoid your base.

I love spending hours on building stuff just to get it destroyed in seconds. Please buff earthquakes more Klei.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • GL Happy 9

19 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Acid Rain’s damage to waterproofing items has decreased - whoooo! just as I was about to suggest this.
  •  
  • Players are protected from Acid Rain when wearing Void Cowl or Void Robe - I initially thought this was already the case. Also a welcome change.. although this begs the question as to why would one craft the umbralla now.
  •  
  • Earthquake boulders will no longer spawn over structures. - Nice! I think this is perfect as wandering the caves still pose danger of the boulders, but bases wont get destroyed. 
  •  
  • Added Nightmare Werepig Figure and Nightmare Werepig Sketch. - another thing everyone has been waiting for!
  •  

Thanks Klei! I think I'm all good with the current updates. I'm not really expecting any "OP items", I always welcomed new challenges that offered more item options, regardless if they do the same thing existing items do. The only issue previoulsly was the boulders and acid rain as they seemed unbalance and had almost no counter play. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, V2C said:

Wait then what's even the point of the mechanic? What threat does it even pose?

50 minutes ago, V2C said:

Players are protected from Acid Rain when wearing Void Cowl or Void Robe.

I guess this is good for fighting but now what's the point of the umbrella?

I don't know I understand adjustments were needed but it feels like this has just gone out of the way to make both mechanics inconsequential.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 16
  • Sanity 2
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Can we just make pillars or columns to get protection from boulders and rain? Like @ADMsuggested. It would be perfect, not only because of the protection, but also to add a new craft to the new ShadowCraft Plinth that already has few crafts, and as an awesome way to decorate caves.

272457329_49_20230604135629.thumb.png.e5a26aa46a017e99fa2a902739ade215.png.00737b49ff51990d66b6b5c5e1348333.png1677156383_48_20230604134300.thumb.png.794cc679a45bf1836f6f12f00e04d5ec.png.43c0db0dfffdd33222f5f86818f4eab0.png

Pictures are from @Creatorofswamps

Edited by Memetan
  • Like 38
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

46 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changes...

• Earthquake boulders will no longer spawn over structures.

Or... have those (Antlion) Boulders not spawn at all? Perhaps replaced by some other more interesting, dynamic an lore-wise element, like some Horror Mites falling during earthquakes that player can actually fight for a small amount (x1) of Pure Horror? Maybe some Dreadstone-looking big fragments that shatter on impact and do area dmg to players (but not structures)? Plenty solutions that bring interactivity as opposed to solely punishment.

• Like 20
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

Hey guys, Wanda is still doomed in the acid rain, because it doesn't allow her to heal with her watches because they can't resist constant damage like Fire or Frostbite damage.

Taking any damage tick cancels the healing.

Now you can just wear the voidcloth hat or armor and you'll be able to heal normally.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, V2C said:

Sorry but this isn't the right direction to be taking this mechanic in. Earthquake boulders are just not an interesting mechanic. They don't make any sense lore-wise, them staying behind is nothing more than annoying adn now their entire point is just... doing more damage to the player than regular earthquakes?

Why not replace them with some sort of nightmare stalactites then? They'd deal more damage but simply shatter on impact and not uproot/destroy stuff. It'd make sense for them to appear after the rifts and they'd be much less annoying than boulders

• Like 24
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1

Thanks for update, I'm happy to have more options to protect from acid rain but sad the faces under the cowl are gone.

About Charlie's animation, will it now interrupt caves resetting?

And cave rifts appear in map as surface ones do?

• GL Happy 1