[Beta Update - PT II] Quality of Life Beta Available Now!

I'm so glad AG's rework got implemented into the game, trying to fight it legit was such a slog. However, before making my way to the ruins, I found that I couldn't feed any meat to my bird for eggs. My character would walk up to the cage and just stand still. I dunno if it was just on my save file but I hope this isn't the case for my other worlds.

• Like 1

It's great to see an update like this for the game. Would it be possible to add support for binding keys to various mouse buttons, such as mouse 4 and mouse 5? The support exists in DST but not DS, so I've always been conflicted about using them. I don't want to teach myself controls in DST that can't carry over to the original, so some universal support in that area would be fantastic!

:-D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KCDA said:

I'm lucky that I didn't miss the deadline, and made a new GOG account, and bought myself a copy of DS (and DLC) that won't update, before it was too late. If you're a Steam user, it's already too late.

It takes a big brain power to come up with something like that. But it takes a full power of even bigger brain to come up with something so complex, elegant and sophisticated such as is copying the games files to a different location before update (that I know I may not like) hits.

If the steam mark is missed it is possible (as of now) to download any version of the game up to 2013 through steam's

download_depot

command.

And if I am not mistaking you can download a DRM free version from Klei's own website if you proof that you own the game on steam. This version is (or at least was when I last checked) pre Hamlet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know this may go too far. But I think some characters need some adjustments.

Like Woodlegs, he has a very nice feature in SW, but he can’t even use in HM or RoG. Especially when he enter cave in RoG, Looks like he don’t get any sanity. Maybe he can be change to walk slower when he is in island.

Same as Wigfrid, she can’t eat coffee, the map of SW is too big, I know there is Tropical Bouillabaisse. 

Thank you so much fot this update <3

About the seed of ruin. It would be nice if we could pick to change caves or only ruins. 

There are some wishes:
You let DST players dig and craft ruins turfs, so, please, make it possible for us too (also ancient turf and walls from Hamlet).
And a breakwater craft for boat, it's ok if it'll work for normal waves only.
Please, make it possible to use DST skins if a player has them in his steam inventory. For me it’s huge incentive to buy skins.

And yeah, it's silly... Please, let us ride Koalefant and Spider Queen (as Webber, of course) or at least domesticate sharkitten (I say nothing about having my own Tiger shark...)

Edited by Rerija
  • Like 3
  • Health 1

Thank you so much! This is amazing! 

In addition to this amazing update, please take a  special care to two bugs regarding Don't Starve:

- Wormwood is almost impossible to survive on Shipwrecked because even with Lightning protection he gets burned, this make the Hurricane season almost impossible.

- If you have SW, HAM enabled, Chester/Robin/Packin will multiply (even with their current items on it) everytime you hop worlds. This  sometimes break the game because you're gonna have 20 robins in your base

I am so excited for what comes next! Love you Klei. DS solo deserve all the love it can get ♥

10 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

My only wish is that wormwood catching fire on camp fires be toned down or completely removed like it is in dst. Sure, kiting a completely still camp fire is funny but it becomes annoying quite fast. It also doesn't really add anything to wormwood...

there is another thing that is really annoying: even with lightning protection wormwood gets burned. This make hiim the mos difficult character to deal with Hurricane Season on Shipwrecked

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, twitchgabo said:

- Wormwood is almost impossible to survive on Shipwrecked because even with Lightning protection he gets burned, this make the Hurricane season almost impossible.

I'm almost certain that they fixed this quite some time ago.

30 minutes ago, twitchgabo said:

If you have SW, HAM enabled, Chester/Robin/Packin will multiply (even with their current items on it) everytime you hop worlds. This  sometimes break the game because you're gonna have 20 robins in your base

Never encountered this in my 1000+ hours of playing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I did! on switch, at least. although iirc it needs to meet some special conditions to happen, I remember something about Volcano or caves being somehow involved in this. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:
1 hour ago, twitchgabo said:

If you have SW, HAM enabled, Chester/Robin/Packin will multiply (even with their current items on it) everytime you hop worlds. This  sometimes break the game because you're gonna have 20 robins in your base

I have never had this happen with Ro Bin, however this is happens very commonly with Packim and Chester. When you move a follower to the caves/volcano, go back to the surface and go to another DLC, it clones the follower in that DLC and can dupe the follower in the original DLC (Shown Here). Its very fun to bring followers like beefalo and rock lobsters to other DLCs, but really annoying especially with Packim and Chester for it causes unintended item duping.

Some person had this happen to them so much with Chester that they had an entire Chester island in SW.

4 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I'm almost certain that they fixed this quite some time ago.

I hope you're right!

I am definitely try another map with this beta. Very excited about this update

10 hours ago, JosePapp said:

I really hope we get the 4x turfs on craft change!

Maybe? DS has more gameplay effecting turf, flooding would be trivialized for no resources for example. Probably doesn't matter really but just thinking of a reason they may intentionally not add it.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 1
  • Sanity 2

I wanted to ask since I was testing it out, but does the Nightmarish Bird Whistle actually deter the BFB from landing if it attempts to pick you up?

Also, I never noticed this before, but Frogs now sleep at night and I never knew there were quotes for it. Was this introduced in the last beta patch?

Spoiler

image.png.1ec36f831d52c813ea61022d4e11146c.png

This massive amount of bug fixes and QOL improvements not only obviates the need for most of the mods out there, but also paves the way for Don't Starve II with HD graphics, some stolen content from DST, and a better system for traveling to linked (progressively more difficult) worlds (with better loot).  All re-monetized for $29.99 plus merch/skins/new dlcs.  This ten year old game holds up very well now that it's all growed and patched up.  Still a top 300 game on SteamCharts with about 2000 average players for a non-online game.

I know this is not a bug report page, but I find that there two annoying problems still in the game. And recently update and QoL, it doesn’t say anything about these two bug, it makes me wonder are these problems won’t got fixed. 

1.There’s a long time irritating bug which when you enter caves in winter (just an example, other seasons have same problem) ,and you come out ,then the season completely changes. Please fix this problem it’s very annoying.

2.Also if you build a hamlet house or hamlet shop in SW. when there is wind in hurricane seasons, if you enter these shop or house, the wind will stop, and it will never start wind anymore. And this will continue to next hurricane season. This  problem will destroy game play, especially when you live a long time in SW. 
Same as  dry season,when we come to explosion of volcano, if you enter these shop or house, the explosion will stop. In next dry season, there is not explosion at all.

I don’t see anything about these two problems in beta update or QoL in this years, I really hope these problems can get you attention.

Please Klei allow Wes to hold his own balloons in the vanilla version.

This interaction is the culmination of your balloons.

The gameplay is so gray without being able to hold them.

I'm loving these changes more and more, but there's one thing that bothers me.

Will the Bundling Wrap blueprint continue to be as easy to obtain in RoG and SW?

If you have changed this, please disregard, it is not every time I read all the notes.

This might be a tall order, but it would be so awesome to get character reworks for single player! Even if they get a little nerffing due to it being solely single player. Either way this update is huge! Thank you for giving us solo players some love! You guys really are one of the best group of devs.

11 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

Also, I never noticed this before, but Frogs now sleep at night and I never knew there were quotes for it. Was this introduced in the last beta patch?

According to the wiki's archives, quotes for sleeping frogs (and also apparently quotes for dead frogs. Don't know if it's possible to actually see those in-game; they still exist in the game's files) have existed since at least as far back as February 2013.

18 hours ago, Rerija said:

About the seed of ruin. It would be nice if we could pick to change caves or only ruins. 

Can it be used on the ruins sinkhole in the caves to only regenerate the ruins? If not, I think that would be a very intuitive way to implement it.

• Thanks 2

loving the new tree minimap icons, while were at it can we get minimap icons for fishermerm houses?

At the moment they reuse regular merm house icons and its nice to be able to keep track of how many fishermerm houses you have on an island particularly on worlds with large amounts of them. 

Edited by sudoku
  • Like 1