[Beta Update - PT II] Quality of Life Beta Available Now!

Before the update, I would stockpile my damaged Surfboards near my base, just to use them as map markers. Waiting around for a Sea Yard would take too long to repair them all, and Boat Repair Kits would have cost a fortune in Logs to craft enough.

20230417002650_1.thumb.jpg.733455de8d40dbaae78e1f3933667b85.jpg

But with the Sea Yard buff in the beta, I have taken this problem to its logical conclusion.

20230417003242_1.thumb.jpg.776ff907094847ba87911392ac4910b4.jpg

Loving the Sea Yard changes. It really feels like a huge upgrade to Shipwrecked sea basing now that you can just hot swap Surfboards whenever one gets low without having to sit around all night listening to the repairing sounds.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, piratekingflcl said:

Loving the Sea Yard changes. It really feels like a huge upgrade to Shipwrecked sea basing now that you can just hot swap Surfboards whenever one gets low without having to sit around all night listening to the repairing sounds.

I just realized this a few days ago, it's awesome!! For those who don't know, the Sea Yard repairs boats by a percentage every second, rather than a set number of durability. What this means is that a surfboard (100 durability) would take exactly as long to repair as any other boat, even an encrusted boat (800 hp) despite the fact that the durability is gonna run back down way faster. Being able to just leave surfboards by a Sea Yard while you do other stuff is SUCH an improvement to this since you don't have to sit there twiddling your thumbs for minutes at a time every few back-and-forth trips, and is an awesome indirect buff to what was already one of DS's most convenient characters!! Love this change!!

Edited by sylvia wander o
  • Like 4

You are doing gods work. I haven't played singleplayer in ages so imagine my surprise when I boot up the game and find regenerating ruins, a method to call of the bfb, c_freecrafting(), viginettes and INFINITE SAVE SLOTS????

On 11/22/2023 at 3:00 AM, WainingWabbits said:

@DiogoW You have done more work in a few months, than their entire dev team in years, smh..

The rest of the developers are most likely just not engaged in DS updates, but only DST.

On 4/16/2023 at 6:51 PM, lakhnish said:

You have unlimited save slots in DST.

Bro. DST is a separate game, not DS.

1 minute ago, WainingWabbits said:

Thank god for that.. 

It would be better if there were new DLC. If desired, it would be possible to play without them.

Unfortunately, there is no leit game in the game, which is why a lot of items are useless.

And updates... Let them at least add bosses for bundle wraps.
Well, at least something in the caves and the ocean Shipwrecked.

And bug fixes and hd graphics.

Any news on console, like any type of timeframe? I'm holding off on starting shipwrecked, and hamlet on my main world for the update, but if it's gonna be another year then I'll just go ahead.

On 2/28/2024 at 4:23 PM, Toki_ said:

Any news on console, like any type of timeframe? I'm holding off on starting shipwrecked, and hamlet on my main world for the update, but if it's gonna be another year then I'll just go ahead.

Just do it. They'll get around to updating eventually.

On 3/5/2024 at 5:08 PM, The Starver said:

Just do it. They'll get around to updating eventually.

He said he's looking for news. So annoying when people answer for the devs/cover for devs with no information at all. 

Is there going to be an update or a timeline? It is quite absurd to not have an update after a year. If it's abandoned than just say it. I have worlds I haven't played for 5 years that are supposedly going to work now. The game is so buggy on console that I won't play my old games because they can be unaccessible forever.

No update. No explanation. No comment on any questions about it. You guys should be better at communicating on your own forum. 

16 hours ago, Lanisted said:

He said he's looking for news. So annoying when people answer for the devs/cover for devs with no information at all. 

Is there going to be an update or a timeline? It is quite absurd to not have an update after a year. If it's abandoned than just say it. I have worlds I haven't played for 5 years that are supposedly going to work now. The game is so buggy on console that I won't play my old games because they can be unaccessible forever.

No update. No explanation. No comment on any questions about it. You guys should be better at communicating on your own forum.