You can move friendly mobs into other DLCs and dupe them and items by moving through RoG's caves

Pumking7
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

By befriending a mob in RoG and going into the caves through a sinkhole, then going through either the Seaworthy or Skyworthy will make the mob appear at the DLC you chose to travel to. If you decide to travel back with that mob befriended it will not only make that mob appear back where you originally found it but also dupe it in the process. If put a hat on the befriended mob or give the befriended mob any items, the hat and items given will also be duped as well. (I was able to dupe 20 green gems and a cork candle hat with this method by befriending a pigman)

(It would be neat if moving your friendly mobs, especially rideable beefalo, between DLCs was possible without exploits and item duping involved)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Befriend a mob on the surface in RoG

2. Bring it into the caves

3. Use the Skyworthy/Seaworthy to travel to another DLC

4. Note your befriended mob followed you to another DLC

5. Travel back to RoG and note that the original mob has duped itself, with any items it had on it.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Aw. This one absolutely needs to go if you can dupe items with it, but dang, I'll miss the other uses of it. No more rooks in the volcano :(

Share this comment

I will miss having Beefalo in Shipwrecked as well as Glommer...I wish there was a way to move them over without having the bug out the game.

• Like 1

Share this comment