[Beta Update - PT II] Quality of Life Beta Available Now!

WOW, those changes are amazing. 

a bit sad to see no beefalo bell, but dropping items with shift and nerfed bees, as well as 10 save slots are already a lot. 

also, new loading screens look amazing. 

IMG_20230314_223000.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

Could you make it so it could regenerate hamlet pig ruins aswell if you use it on a ruinous entrance? The player could possibly get the item from the endswell.

I think the reason that it only affects the normal Ruins is because the Pig Ruins don't really have any rare/special loot. They have the Ancient Relics, yeah, but the only point of those it to get Oincs. By the time you've cleared out every set of Pig Ruins you'll probably have a small town set up. I know I'm usually swimming in Oincs by the time I'm done with the Pig Ruins.

1 hour ago, DiogoW said:

New craftable: the Nightmarish Bird Whistle (HAM).

For those who haven't tested it out yet, this scares away the BFB. It's crafted with a normal Bird Whistle and some Dark Tatters. It's single-use though, so use it wisely.

3 minutes ago, skile said:

WOW, those changes are amazing. 

a bit sad to see no beefalo bell, but dropping items with shift and nerfed bees, as well as 10 save slots are already a lot. 

also, new loading screens look amazing. 

IMG_20230314_223000.jpg

really pretty 

IMG_20230314_223556.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DiogoW said:

New Crock Pot recipe: the Meated Nettles, an antihistamine food made with meat! (HAM).

Speaking of Hayfever, could you make Piko Tea a hayfeaver reliever?

(Also maybe decrease the recipe to 1 orange piko instead of 2)

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Pig Ruins don't really have any rare/special loot

They actually do. Pig ruins can have thulecute gear, staffs, gems, and weapons.

Edited by -Nick-

23 minutes ago, -Nick- said:
45 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

They actually do. Pig ruins can have thulecute gear, staffs, gems, and weapons.

Well, yeah. But now that we can regenerate the big ruins, we have a much larger source for all those things. Regenerating the Pig Ruins wouldn’t really add anything of value after this update.

Any plans to change the behavior of Nightmare Creatures in combat? I really want to believe them despawning midfight isn't intentional but it's hard not to take offense when you're skirting pre stations and weapons break pretty quick.

Also Scaled Furnace in Singleplayer when?

Still a really nice QOL beta haul though.

• Like 4

Wish we could have seen a few more things added (was hoping for marble beans and mushroom planters). Can the Nightmarish bird whistle have more than one use? it's kind of underwhelming otherwise...

So many things still in the files that would have been cool to add, but I am grateful for what we have received. 

If I could make one request...can Wigfrid finally be allowed to drink coffee or tea? She has an examine for cooked coffee beans that says: "I take mine black" and the tea uses live squirrels so...  Would be a nice change...

• Like 8
  • Health 1

These changes are sooo cool! I am especially in love with yaarktopus giving bioluminescence as a common resource and the new way to reset your entire caves system, makes the game way less grindy in the long run. 

2 hours ago, DiogoW said:

Tallbirds without a nest will now make a new nest, but only on rocky, dirt or magma turf

This change is great, but just doesn't really feel rewarding enough without the addition of tall scotch eggs. (Also adding other egg recipes like plain omellete and breakfast skillet would be really nice)

2 hours ago, DiogoW said:

Palace's Watch Tower, Swinesbury Academy, Farm House, Quarry Lodgings and Intricate Topiary

Since these structures have items dropped upon destruction, would it be possible to now add them to the city planning tab. (For most of these structures would serve more decorative purposes than actual gameplay ones)

• Like 7
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, DiogoW said:
  • Tallbirds without a nest will now make a new nest, but only on rocky, dirt or magma turf (ALL).
  • Changed the time for Tallbirds to lay a new egg to be more inline with other food sources (ALL).

Can we get the crock pot recipes next? I would give ANYTHING to have a fun DST food source in DS finally!!

• Like 2

More interior decorations for the slanty shanty would be nice. Theres some nice walls, floors, and furniture that some pig shops have. Would be great if they were added in the catalogue.

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

Something really crucial that's missing I can notice so far is the action hold QoL from DST. That QoL alone makes so much of the game less of a grind. If that can be implemented I would be really happy. Thank you for the fantastic Qol!!!

This many many many times over! I would prefer being able to hold the button down to cook food or craft items instead of mashing or having to master timing for something so simple.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

Can the Nightmarish bird whistle have more than one use? it's kind of underwhelming otherwise...

It completely disables the natural spawning of the BfB, unless forced by a regular bird whistle. I think it's fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catchee said:

Is the new cave generation that has less pointless bridges retrofitted into old worlds? I'm leaning towards no, but there's always a chance..

Thanks for the update, nice to see DS get some QoL improvements.

If it doesn't then you can now regenerate them anyway.

Though I assume if you've already killed the guardians in your world that could be difficult, do they respawn for existing worlds?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Catchee said:

Is the new cave generation that has less pointless bridges retrofitted into old worlds?

Probably not, but you can regenerate the caves and ruins now with the new guardian drop. It’ll be somewhere in the ruins if you’ve already killed the ancient guardian, so find it and use it on the entrance to the caves and it’ll generate a new set.

5 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

do they respawn for existing worlds?

Apparently the new item will be placed at a random spot in the ruins if you’ve already killed the guardian.

Edited by SpoonyBardIV
  • Thanks 1

Besides getting the HD assets from DST, the only other change I'd like is;

Please make it so that using the Skyworthy (for the first time) past day 60 doesn't result in you spawning in during the Aporkcalypse! In HAM-joined worlds, using the Skyworthy past day 60 is a guaranteed death.

Maybe have the calendar start ticking down the moment the player first spawns from the Skyworthy, rather than right away upon day 0 - regardless of if the player is actually in Hamlet or not.

Still, fantastic stuff!

• Like 6