You farm crops?????????(Insert question mark here) Then why don't you take this little poll.  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How often does you farm.

• I breath seeds, eat dirt and farm while awake and asleep. I farm in DST on 24 different devices simultaneously. (I no-life farming)
    • I farm a lot.
    • I make sure to farm whenever I can.
    • I farm, begrudgingly.
    • I farmed once, I regret that decision immensely.
    • Farming is bad! Imagine a society without farms! Wait you can't? Good, society also bad.
  2. 2. What do ya like to sow. (Or let fester in your fields)

• Toma root.
    • Potato.
    • Eggplants.
    • Pumpkin.
    • Asparagus.
    • Onion.
    • Garlic.
    • Corn.
    • Pomegranate.
    • Pepper pepper pepper.
    • Dragonfruit.
    • Watermelon.
    • Carrot.
    • Spiny Bindweeds.
    • Forget-me-lots.
    • Tillweed.
    • Fire nettles.
    • I am the farmer of everything.
    • They call me eater of worlds because I eat farmland, which is part of the world.
    • Durian.
  3. 3. And what do you often reap?

• Abundance. (Big crops)
    • Prosperity. (Healthy crops, the ones that yields a single crop and two seeds.)
    • Sustainability. (Crops that give a crop and their respective seed)
    • Disappointment. (A single product from a crop.)
    • Anguish. (Rot)
    • Weed
    • Misery, because farming is completely unrealistic in DST.
  4. 4. Ya like farming?

• I breath dirt, eat seeds. and sleep while farming and wide awake.
    • Yes.
    • eh, I'm indifferent to it.
    • It's boring, but I see the appeal.
    • No.
    • ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢺⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠆⠜⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⡏⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣦⣤⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⡧⠇⢀⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣮⣭⣿⡻⣽⣒⠀⣤⣜⣭⠐⢐⣒⠢⢰⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣏⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⣾⣿⠂⢈⢿⣷⣞⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣿⣿⣷⣶⣾⡿⠿⣿⠗⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠻⠋⠉⠑⠀⠀⢘⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⢹⣿⣿⡇⢀⣶⣶⠴⠶⠀⠀⢽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠀⠀⠣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡟⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣧⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⣴⠁⢘⡙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⠗⠂⠄⠀⣴⡟⠀⠀⡃⠀⠉⠉⠟⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢷⠾⠛⠂⢹⠀⠀⠀⢡⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠛⠿⢿

I enjoy farming, a lot more than the old farming. Only complaint is the music gets WAY too repetitive after awhile since it is such a short tune.

I typically run the Warly trifecta of pepper onion garlic (if I'm playing as him) and run potato+tomato for non-spice/Warly related cooking. Potatoes and tomatoes are both really common, really easy to grow giant, and both have amazing stats if just cooked over a fire.

The overhauled farming is definitely well designed but when playing solo it takes too much effort. A few Lure Plants on a boat together with whatever I can forage while riding a Beefalo brings more than enough food to the table. The latter is more fun and streamlined when roaming the world and only hitting the base from time to time to cook.

After defeating the Bee Queen and obtaining bundling wraps it can be fun to make a giant farmland and grow food in the spring to last through the whole year though!

I love farming, its so fun. My #1 priority on every pub world is to setup best farm possible, there is nothing more thrilling than to use whatever random seeds you got from first harvest and think how to turn that into such amount of food that will last for full 12 person server for the next year. Tbh farming and building is two best things this game have.

Gardening is amazing. It's chill, passive, rewarding, and frightening. Nobody bats an eye when you start with a measly 2x2 plot, but once those giants pop, you build up a terrifying aura in pub servers. The plot then gets expanded more than the entire base, seeds multiply from ten to thousands. The entire screen is coated with grown potato plants. The fridges are all full. You try to find flint in a chest, but there are only pumpkins. People around you beg you to stop. But you can't. It's part of you now. You dominate the entire continent with your maze of giant crops. Nothing can escape.

Potatoes are cool though, cooked ones restore nice health + hunger, and tubers offer sanity.

Corn is one of the useles but potentially good foods.

Only if player could make corn flour with it and make dough, then make pasta/bread like things for late game, it could be really useful food resource. Specially for Wurt players because crockpot is not very effective thing for Wurt. You cook basic things at start to end and healthy food is not something we can ask for it.

farming for me is super fun. One of my favourite updates of all time. I expend entire seasons farming when my bundles are low

i always farm potatoes+tomatoes with characters that can heal via veggies. As wurt i might also farm dragonfruit+tomatoes since roasted tomatoes last way longer than roasted potatoes and the 100 hunger points from the pie isnt bad

And as warly i like to have a little veggies to make sanity foods, like tomatoes, onions and sparragus, and his unique dishes and spices

We need a crop and crockpot dishes/recipes rebalance to really finish what rwys started imo. 

otherwise half the crops are just left in the dust in favor of the too easy tomato/potato spam and now broken banana bushes with broken banana recipes which pretty much invalidate farming altogether once u have a dozen or so bushes. 

Other than that the actual farming mechanics is one of the most fun things in the game for me. Rwys is still one of the *absolute best* updates the game has ever gotten. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I enjoy farming, a lot more than the old farming. Only complaint is the music gets WAY too repetitive after awhile since it is such a short tune.

I typically run the Warly trifecta of pepper onion garlic (if I'm playing as him) and run potato+tomato for non-spice/Warly related cooking. Potatoes and tomatoes are both really common, really easy to grow giant, and both have amazing stats if just cooked over a fire.

Warly's honey spice should speed up hoeing. Many of his nice dishes are locked behind farming why not let him do it slightly faster? Not always you can count on some random to become your farming slave.

27 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I'd like corn more if fish tacos were buffed.

I'd like cooking update or combat update more than another refresh 

2 hours ago, Karitha said:

Corn is one of the useles but potentially good foods.

Only if player could make corn flour with it and make dough, then make pasta/bread like things for late game, it could be really useful food resource. Specially for Wurt players because crockpot is not very effective thing for Wurt. You cook basic things at start to end and healthy food is not something we can ask for it.

Pumpkin + Potato + Corn/Asparagus is an amazing combination.
Pumpkin gives the highest hunger yield while Corn is next in line uncooked. Having long lasting high hunger restoration food that requires no effort (no cooking required) is quite useful. While this specific combination can only be done in Autumn you can replace Corn with Asparagus in winter which can be used in Vegetable stingers or cooked for a short lifespan high hunger restoration food.

After Wicker refresh and reed renewability I don't really farm anymore... There's no real point to it besides getting pumpkins or crops for decor.

For me farming is something I'll get into and won't stop doing for many hours before realizing I've done nothing for a while and got tons of crops for nothing I've had in plan. It's addicting but it's not something I wanna get into to just keep doing.

I just set up bird farm on lunar and I've got krampuses and bird meat to sustain me for the next generation then I don't think about anything else anymore unless it's stone fruit or bananas sometimes.

Farming's kinda pointless after you get the three - stone fruit, banana bushes and bird farm. You got veggies, fruits for sanity and meat for hunger. What else is there needed?

Klei idk, either do something about it or I guess forget about it all together since things feel not thought out or just left as is. Maybe it was intentional since ya don't often see newbies do these things and they gotta figure out the easier sources... Eh. Who knows.

That's all the rambling I've got for this.

30 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

I HATE THE FARMING MUSIC I HATE THE FARMING MUSIC I HATE THE FARMING MUSIC I HATE THE FARMING MUSIC

^ same.
My farming a lot depend on mood and need. When solo... do I even need faming? Not really. So I just collect once per 20 days 40+ random seeds, plant them totally yolo and harvest whatever grows.
For most time if I don't play solo somebody else is taking care of crops.
If there is need I know combos and I can grow giant veggies.

I like corn, 25 hunger without cook. Potato needs cooking, that's not convenient.

I also like pumpkin, 37.5 hunger!   4 pumpkins = 1 stew.

If you are hungry:

1. Open the fridge.
  2. Right click on those crops.
  3. Go ahead do your other things.  You don't even need a cookpot. 

Me and my beefalo both like them.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, SecretPizzaMan said:

God these polls titles have lost all meaning.

First time mate? 

Also im loving the new multiple choice question format. Gotta check if we are past five questions now. 

Anyways i am the dragonfruit man, and I grow dragonfruit just because I can. Both in game and in real life, you see, dragonfruit and dragonpie make me very happy. 

Potatos, tomato, pumpkin and asparagus too i suppose. Getting Pumpkin, potato, garlic and carrot to grow giant in winter is a cathartic feeling. 

Archived