[Game Update] - 520864

• Developer

Changes

• Minimap icons for Spiky Bushes have been added.
  • Stalagmite height variants have been added to cavern's worldgen rooms.
  • Added shoes to Wilson’s Mad Scientist outfit.
    • People who have purchased any Chest containing Mad Science Wilson will receive the Mad Lab Shoes for free in the next few days.
  • Further decreased loading times when joining a world.

Bug Fixes

• Gameplay
    • Prototyping effects will now be triggered properly even if you have, but don’t need to use, The Everything Encyclopedia buff.
    • Birds of the World and The End is Nigh! will now fail properly when unable to cast.
    • Fixed a case where boats could get stuck in an indestructible state.
    • Fixed the Stagehand breaking boat physics if it manages to get onto a boat.
    • Added a safeguard check to boats to try to stop them from moving across land.
      • Please report to the bug tracker methods of wedging boats onto land.
    • Fixed a bug where Splumonkey Pods would not spread fire to nearby objects.
    • Fixed all spiders and Naked Mole Bats ignoring earthquakes.
    • Fixed players saying that their pockets are full when items get stacked into the cursor slot after the initial item is put there.
    • Fixed Moonblind Crow and Misshapen Bird to now be slowed down by ground creep and trigger Spider spawns.
    • Fixed Toadstool not creating Sporecaps properly when there were Soil piles and other things blocking spawn points.
    • Fixed a bug that caused servers with lots of world settings to not have the world settings show up in the server browser.
    • Fixed bug where Spider Queen can sometimes never spawn from a Spider Den.
  • Art
    • Haunting items in the ocean will now update the floating fx.
    • Fixed floating animation for several objects.
    • Fixed bug where an equipped Gnarwail Horn can sometimes become invisible.
    • Fixed animation bugs with Grass Gator.
  • Crashes
    • Fixed a crash when reloading a player who spawned Grumble Bees with the Apicultural Notes.
    • Fixed a crash with Wolfgang during loading and initialization.
    • Fixed a crash with Winter’s Feast trees going to the burnt stage when they were growing.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

image.png.c09e0aa3ae93116cd8a0f21ed89dbc64.png

I would like to point out that the Lunar Collection is now specified as the Lunar New Year Collection.

Take from this what you will, it could imply that Klei is interested in doing an True lunar skin set, or they figured they'd just make the specification as to not cause confusion, or any other option you could think of for the reasoning of this change.

Anyways, Gimmie mutated character skins Klei!

• Like 26
  • Ninja 1
  • Wavey 4
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 2

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Added shoes to Wilson’s Mad Scientist outfit

Speaking of skin changes. Wes' jester skin shows that it has frilly cuffs in the portrait, but the outfit doesn't have them when you wear it. Only the feet has them.

Maybe a correction in the future?

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

I play on Linux (Manjaro specifically) fairly new to it. I noticed occasional... something hard to put my finger on it or if it is just my eyes or something. When running it seems everything skips a frame or something. I changed to the proton experimental compatibility and it made it less but it still happens from time to time. Any ideas?

Also this patch is awesome been waiting for Spiky Bushes to be on the map. Use those so much as Wormwood.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Zepp said:

It seems that the problem of map generation has not been fixed since the update of Monkey Island.

Its on my list of things to fix, unfortunately this issue is particularly tricky to track down, and I don't have an ETA on when it will be fixed.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Fixed floating animation for several objects.

spicepack stil need some fix.

image.png.1add3a3f3b1c9f281da9caed21ed9118.png

1 minute ago, zarklord_klei said:

Its on my list of things to fix, unfortunately this issue is particularly tricky to track down, and I don't have an ETA on when it will be fixed.

So glad you have noticed this problem. Thank you very much!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

Has anyone noticed this problem?

I dont know if I was just unlucky or if it the same issue but I had a really bad wormhole that could drown me if I enter it from the wrong side. Dock kit can solve the problem but still.

20220831044058_1.jpg.f701b3c8af58882fd1431222ec609773.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Potato Cup 1

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Anyways, Gimmie mutated character skins Klei!

This... this right here a truly wonderful idea... if not all characters at the very least wormwood or Webber, so cool honestly!

huh... I wonder if the dock kit has anything to do with the things spawning to close to land now, seems to be around the same time this was introduced so maybe that is it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kuroite said:

I dont know if I was just unlucky or if it the same issue but I had a really bad wormhole that could drown me if I enter it from the wrong side. Dock kit can solve the problem but still.

20220831044058_1.jpg.f701b3c8af58882fd1431222ec609773.jpg

I wouldn't even be mad if this happened to me. I would laugh at my bad luck so hard.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1