Great character, the best part that I enjoy about Wormwood is learning all the ins and out of the little guy. He is unlike the others and playing as him requires you to learn a whole new set of habits.

His green thumb tab could could use a few tweaks. I also would like some unique interactions with other plant life.

29 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Great character, the best part that I enjoy about Wormwood is learning all the ins and out of the little guy. He is unlike the others and playing as him requires you to learn a whole new set of habits.

His green thumb tab could could use a few tweaks. I also would like some unique interactions with other plant life.

tldr: he's just a farming character

After he was introduced to DST, I absolutely could not stop playing him even for a second.

Plant relations and unique crafts definitely need a tweak but other than that he's a great and well-rounded character with a cool design.

Just now, HowlVoid said:

Have fun feeding diabetus with your incest marsh abomination.

sir, do you smell burnt toast? i am calling an ambulance right away.

7 minutes ago, Dextops said:

sir, do you smell burnt toast? i am calling an ambulance right away.

The only toast I've had all day is the one your mom made for me this morning. She sure gets a lot of practice making me breakfast every morning.

Just now, HowlVoid said:

The only toast I've had all day is the one your mom made for me this morning. She sure gets a lot of practice making me breakfast every morning.

dude i don't own a toaster, you think i am made of money?

I like to play as him on pubs.

There is something wholesome about coming to someone's small base and creating a farm so big that it can feed the entire server.

And soon others join in and base expands even more.

I personally don’t like playing as him, but I always appreciate dedicated wormwoods on any server. As said above they can feed an entire server and solve any need to farm living logs since the early game.

One of the best characters in the game. I don't know what's up with all the Fake Wormwoods (I checked their Wormwood passes and they were just crudely drawn in crayon, clearly not genuine) recently asking for him to be buffed.

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

One of the best characters in the game. I don't know what's up with all the Fake Wormwoods (I checked their Wormwood passes and they were just crudely drawn in crayon, clearly not genuine) recently asking for him to be buffed.

This is starting to remind me of Wolfgang. "He should be buffed! He's not good enough!", "He's pretty op, no need to buff", "Lmao Wormwood bad"

Fantastic character. My second favorite character after Wendy.

Massive convenience with faster seed planting, good sanity management (seriously, I didn't even bother farming for a tam before I got the enlightened crown) and the speed boost. Didn't get to use bramble traps very much though. Oh, and his skins (including the default) are absolutely beautiful, playing him just for visuals alone is worth it.

And also playing as him made me realize that I don't actually like preparing healing food for boss fights in the first place, especially with bundling/unbundling.

The only thing I want for Wormwood is just more unique crafts.

Hes my best friend : )

I always struggled really hard to play him in DS vanilla, even though I really wanted to get good at him because I adored the little guy. DST has tweaked him enough that I my poor skills are no longer a death sentence AND I get to have a nice little garden thanks for farming reworks. 
I still kind wish his green thumb tab got a tweak or two, but he's really solid now so I can't complain too much. And more plant mobs would be fun.

Fun Fact completely unrelated to any of that- Wormwood is also the name of a biblical star that falls to earth at the end of the world. Which wormwood is borne from a chunk of moon falling to The Constant. Probably coincidence, but I think its a fun detail no one else ever mentioned. 

Anybody that plays Wormwood in DS will have the feeling that it has lost a part of its gameplay when brought in DST.

I already spoke about it several times when it was released for DST, in 2019. Basically, in DS Wormwood was rewarded for farming : each crops planted would give a veggie/fruit that could be exchange for manure and oinc, meaning that the more you farmed, the more you could buy everything you were needed. Be it healing, sanity items, weapons or armors, scales etc. In DST, you are not rewarded in any way like that. No incentive to farm more that you want to eat. Maybe just your beefalo if you play with it and don't intend to use 15 twigs to feed it everyday.

The same way, Wormwood lost some appeal when it losts its snaptooths from Hamlet. They were a meaningful way to protect you and create farms when relocated using meat. I liked basing in Hamlet and using it as an early to late game way to protect my towns and bases. I understand you can't have it in DST, cause they would hurt other players when put around cave holes and bosses spawn. But something like that lacks I feel. Like, using Treeguards to help you figth bosses. I always thought it would be cool if you could attached a lureplant bulb to a treeguard and the treeguard/bulb would follow you (faster that their actual walking speed cause that's a hassle to do it)  if you have meat in your inventory, just like the snaptooths do. So you could relocate them in preparation for bosses, and when you feed it, they help you. Or a way to upgrade lureplant when you bloom, so their 30 damages would become meaningful against Raidbosses.

Also, Wormwood suffers too much from the way some of its healing items heals overtime but can't be stacked.So if you farm living logs, just dropped to 10 health, have two stacks of rot to heal, you will have click on it each 2 seconds for several minutes ... Once you have access to jellybean you have an alternative, but to be honest, a QOL for healing overtime items to stack would be great.

Just my two cents :wilson_flower:

Oh, almost forgot : ingame information about blooming, like a meter.

For me Wormwood has a lot of little perks that make him just a little more enjoyable:

• can eat harmful food without losing health (raw Monster Meat, Red Caps, cooked Green Caps, etc.)
  • might easily get rid of waste (Rot, Manure, Guano which litter longer running worlds) and regain some health while doing that
  • can craft a Dark Sword from thin air (5 Rot + 5 Nightmare Fuel = Dark Sword)
  • his Bramble Armor lets him (and anyone else) gather Cacti with no harm, getting hurt animation and sound, it was also buffed to be an even better Log Suit with hilariously low cost (Bone Shards were actually the paywall here)
  • gets access to various different healing options which do not spoil unlike healing food, still being able to benefit from the best one - Jellybeans (plus it might seem silly, but 30 Twigs / Light Bulbs turned to Compost is an equivalent of 1 Jellybean)
    It might be just me, but I usually end up with stacks upon stacks of healing meals bundled up with other characters, with Wormwood it's just a single stack of Jellybeans / Tree Jam / Healing Salves / Compost or even Rotten Eggs (those heal for 6 and can be found wherever Pengulls were)
  • Ruins Rushing doesn't require you to find Totally Normal Tree or Lunar Grotto, you are literally walking supply of Living Logs
  • gets almost free 20% movement speed buff (automatically during Spring but can be easily triggered with Spoiled Fish / Glommer Goop / Tree Jam / Super Growth Formula for a barely noticeable increased hunger drain
  • his Sanity might be extremely easily modified planting some Seeds / chopping some trees or just digging up and planting a single Sapling
  • encourages player to use various healing options like Life Giving Amulets / Bat Bat / Siesta Lean-To / Tent / Fur Roll while also being able to use most of sleeping potential, because he can get free Living Logs before going to sleep
  • makes farming Oh-So-Enjoyable: no Hoes, no Tilling, why would you even need a Garden Rigamajig Digamajig, just plant them EVERYWHERE (and still farming on farming soil is much more enjoyable)
  • seems hard at first but is awesome for casual play and for me works as a somewhat unique challenge character (I am aware Reap What You Sow updates made him a lot easier to play but I still feel like I pick up a challenge playing him solo
  • doesn't suffer a sanity drain neither for being Wet nor for equipping wet items
  • Lureplants and Sea Weeds are neutral to him (still waiting for a more meaningful plant entity to stand by his side... Treeguards?)
  • Bees are neutral to him even in Spring, so he can really place Bee Boxes much closer to main base unless playing with other Survivalists
  • is a great supply support for other Survivalists (mainly Warly and Wortox)
  • unique character concept and design as well as arguably one of the best set of character Skins

All of that for not being able to heal using food unless it's Jellybeans and I guess fire was more harmful to him? Like really? 25% more damage and 1 second longer burning could be increased A LOT, so Wormwood players would be exceptionally careful fighting Dragonfly / Klaus / Celestial Champion near those pesky Saladmanders, but at the moment its barely noticeable. I also believe Lightnings should set him on fire like all other plants.

TL;DR:
Yes, he smells like poop, but he's hella cute!

1330439703_WormwooConceptArts.thumb.JPG.87964eade60b5ef686366c4a762e88d5.JPG
Have you ever seen those concept arts? The 3rd one looks so good I want it to replace the actual Wormwood!

Archived