Soooo... What is the point of Webber if Wurt is so much superior?

2 hours ago, Keller Max said:

Merms are smarter, Merms are stronger, Merms are cheaper to hire, Merms can chop wood, Merms can mine rocks, Merms dont steal food, Merm king can give treasures and stats.

What are spiders good for? Switcherdoodles are extremely expensive, for the most types of spooders. Spiders are extremely weak and fragile. Very unreliable.

The only Wurt downside is a setup requirement, but its so much worth it.

Being cheaper is debatable Webber's recruitment process is a lot faster than Wurts due to meat being so readily available  all throughout the world. While Wurt's followers are stronger Webber's are more flexible in combat and can take a lot more damage than merms after setup due to nurse healing and webber's healing goop.

He can carry them in his inventory meaning he can seamlessly move them between shards and since he doesn't have a resource investment in spiders after doodles(tho you can just use baskets to cheese this) and they stay loyal it's more worthwhile to invest in his followers with armors and such.

He's also able to precisely control his followers unlike Wurt so he can be more strategic with them when it matters such as easily pulling them out of suicide missions and preventing mistakes in situations like Klaus.

I feel like he's just fine he's still a powerful character and even has follower advantages that Wurt doesn't.

I think would be interesting if webber, or more specifically the spiders could get some tweeks and improvments, expecially on they A.I.

For example, the spitter could have a little bit more range and priorizes a bit more ranged attacks over meele, the crystal one could have a a bit bigger and more accurate AoE attacks, the cave spider hide a bit more often (and his reduction also reduce the dmg on armor durability in case it dont, but not sure).

Things like that, take the undewelming spiders and turn then to be more usefull, also give more unique options over wurt merms xD

1 minute ago, SrOkami said:

I think would be interesting if webber, or more specifically the spiders could get some tweeks and improvments, expecially on they A.I.

For example, the spitter could have a little bit more range and priorizes a bit more ranged attacks over meele, the crystal one could have a a bit bigger and more accurate AoE attacks, the cave spider hide a bit more often (and his reduction also reduce the dmg on armor durability in case it dont, but not sure).

Things like that, take the undewelming spiders and turn then to be more usefull, also give more unique options over wurt merms xD

While I wouldn't mind this I really feel like people undersell how good webbers spiders are...

17 minutes ago, SrOkami said:

i think the moon spiders could have some damage buff, not only cuz weeber, because they hit like a anemic little kid making them just annoying and useless for weeber when they have good potential of being used in scenarios where aoe damage could be useful

I think one point is that you like to play Webber. DS(T) characters were never meant to be equally balanced and I think that's still a good thing. Many people play characters not for their skills, but because they vibe with that character's personality and view on the world. That's why I stick to Wickerbottom despite my rather tanky playstyle - she is just cool. And maybe some guys think so about Webber.

Bonus: If you play with mods like Uncompromising Mode or Adventure Mode, where spiders are used a lot as obstacles, Webber gets to shine even more. Also ruins are a thing

As someone who plays both characters an awful lot, they play very, very differently and even though both of them are minion characters, they absolutely fulfill different roles and are better/worse for various things.

2 hours ago, goblinball said:

Let people talk about a game they enjoy?????

As much as this statement on its own is fine, it is absolutely scummy to, for example, say the message that theukon initially stated, simply trashing on a character that many people enjoy. some stuff just...isn't good discussion.

Webber: Free Silk, Spider Wars, Free Tents, Human Arachnid Hybrid and best of all: He has 8 eyes!

Wurt: Stinks, Loud, Strong Buff, Froggy Neighbours, Likes H2O, Can Skedaddle Through Mud and has an iron grasp

In conclusion: Play Wes 

2 minutes ago, ScalesForLife said:

Webber: Free Silk, Spider Wars, Free Tents, Human Arachnid Hybrid and best of all: He has 8 eyes!

Wurt: Stinks, Loud, Strong Buff, Froggy Neighbours, Likes H2O, Can Skedaddle Through Mud and has an iron grasp

In conclusion: Play Wes 

Mimefolk propaganda.

9 hours ago, Keller Max said:

Merms are smarter, Merms are stronger, Merms are cheaper to hire, Merms can chop wood, Merms can mine rocks, Merms dont steal food, Merm king can give treasures and stats.

What are spiders good for? Switcherdoodles are extremely expensive, for the most types of spooders. Spiders are extremely weak and fragile. Very unreliable.

The only Wurt downside is a setup requirement, but its so much worth it.

Webber is free, which is good for those who want to try dst without paying any extra money, and is a pretty good character, his spider farms are great, the only problem with those is that you must pick the loot up before it's all eaten by the damn spiders

Archived