Soooo... What is the point of Webber if Wurt is so much superior?

3 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

Yeah that's the thing, rushes.For next fights you need to get all spiders again, after Wurt gets enough merms you can literally kill each of these right after they respawn, aka farming them, making Wurt havIng no need of healing (jellybeans) and Bee Queen crowns (and dfly's loot), big difference between Webber and Wurt is that in already mid game you can just take your merms and go kill things you want to kill without wasting much resources 

yeah, pretty sure that was their point. 

Webber is faster in early game, Wurt is more focused on longer-term survival. 

Wurt is far superior overall, merms are more of a hassle to setup than spiders but once set up, merms help with chopping, mining and combat (with merm guards respawning after 0.5days an being immune to boss screams) farrr better for longer running servers. As merms/merm guards are far easier to replace than spitters while being just as strong (merm guards bein stronger) in combat.

Webber is better for a more chill relaxed pub game. Where u want combat minions quickly that you dont plan to keep forever. Webber is also nice for ruins rushing cause you can quickly gather a dangling army to wreck everything down there.

Even still... wurt having merm king an all the stat bonuses that come with that, being able to use sunfish efficiently for seasonal protection + immunity to rain an frog rain is just vastly superior to webbers slightly better silk farming.

People forget how nice it is to just have a couple regular merms to help with mining and chopping in the first autumn. Wurt completely replaces maxwell... literally no one should be a maxwell main now... wurt can even turn other characters into maxwell with the clever disguise just to drive home how badly maxwell needs a rework.

19 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Wurt is far superior overall, merms are more of a hassle to setup than spiders but once set up, merms help with chopping, mining and combat (with merm guards respawning after 0.5days an being immune to boss screams) farrr better for longer running servers. As merms/merm guards are far easier to replace than spitters while being just as strong (merm guards bein stronger) in combat.

Webber is better for a more chill relaxed pub game. Where u want combat minions quickly that you dont plan to keep forever. Webber is also nice for ruins rushing cause you can quickly gather a dangling army to wreck everything down there.

Even still... wurt having merm king an all the stat bonuses that come with that, being able to use sunfish efficiently for seasonal protection + immunity to rain an frog rain is just vastly superior to webbers slightly better silk farming.

People forget how nice it is to just have a couple regular merms to help with mining and chopping in the first autumn. Wurt completely replaces maxwell... literally no one should be a maxwell main now... wurt can even turn other characters into maxwell with the clever disguise just to drive home how badly maxwell needs a rework.

And that's why i wait for Maxwell rework, i really like him as a character and idea of his game design but his abilities got outdated long time ago, if Maxwell rework will be as good as i expect it to be I will probably include him in list of characters i main 

2 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

And that's why i wait for Maxwell rework, i really like him as a character and idea of his game design but his abilities got outdated long time ago, if Maxwell rework will be as good as i expect it to be I will probably include him in list of characters i main 

same, Maxwell has the potential to be such an amazing character. 

27 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

They day has finally arrived where instead of arguing about the "trio", it's an argument about Webber versus Wurt.

Just wait until Maxwell gets refreshed. Then people will talk about a trio again, but it's the summoner trio.

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

They day has finally arrived where instead of arguing about the "trio", it's an argument about Webber versus Wurt.

Talking about the trio.

Old wx should never have been in the trio since wigfrid has always existed. He was a purely selfish character that didn't contribute to either old wolfgang or wicker. Wigfrid with her helms, battle spear for wolfgang, damage boost and tankiness helped everyone from day 1 allowing for faster boss rushes.

Oh wowww he could move 50% faster with a wee bit of light after grinding for shadow manipulator.. big woop... In a party of 3 you can just tank bosses without kiting. His selfish speed is wasted in a team.

Wx being the third member of the trio, was and still is, dumb. 

Wurt's followers takes time to set up. The majority of the public survival servers don't make it past winter. In those cases, wurt is just wurt -  weak little cutie. When you play in long term worlds, yeah wurt is OP. But again webber is better when you don't commit to the server beyond winter. 

16 hours ago, ssbb said:

Normally your comments and posts are pretty good, but this is not one of them. Do you have an actual argument? Or is it just appeal to ridicule? I would love to know!

Hmmm? Oh, I thought I had done so, but I guess not. Alright then, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Mainly, it comes down to the fact that Wurt's kit has no synergy within itself. For the most part, the devs just looked at her and went "What perks would a merm character have" without giving much consideration for how said perks would actually play together.

She's a minion character who can't befriend pigs, but can befried merms. Alright, not a bad start. Except for the fact that; unlike Webber; Merms are just pigs. Unlike Webber whose spiders have a unique dynamic (Incredibly weak, but cheap to set up and mass-recruit), the only real difference between Merms and Pigs is the fact that Merms can also mine rocks. 

In addition, she doesn't really have any need for minions in the first place. Her stats are average right out of the box and become super high when a King of the Merms is alive; only being beaten out by an upgraded WX. combine that with the fact that the mash biome is effectively one giant cobblestone road for her, and she's much better off for fighting than most other characters all on her own.

She's an herbivore. But unlike other characters who have dietary restrictions, Wurt doesn't have any special abilities that make it easier for her to get the foods she can eat.. Wigfrid is proficient in combat which makes her good at hunting meat, And Warly has his own crock pot with unique recipes. Meanwhile, Wurt has a flat stat boost from food so that she doesn't starve to death every winter. Not something interesting like "Merms can tend to crops and harvest them" or "Is good at scavenging for food and can find some during winter". Just, "Get more stats". Plain and boring as it is.

She doesn't loose sanity from wetness which is fine. It doesn't tie into any of her other kit, but she is a fish so whatever. HOWEVER, what I will point out is that; as of when that first comment was made; Wurt was still penalized for being wet despite the fact that she both wasn't penalized for falling off a boat, and had a strong grip that kept her from dropping wet items. So for a period of over 2 years, the fish who kept talking about liking the water... didn't like the water.

King of the Merms is fine, but atleast as of writing, keeping them fed was so comically annoying that basically your only option was to just let him starve and re-summon whenever you needed to fight something. It does seem like this has been fixed though, so I won't hold it against her.

Ultimately, I won't call Wurt a "Bad" character. She, no doubt, has her strengths. However, That strength basically just comes from a single perk (Merms), and the rest of her kit just doesn't play well together. Especially compared to other characters such as Warly, Wigfrid, or Wanda.

34 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

Soooo... What is the point of any character if Wanda is so much superior?

Takes until winter to get her rift watch (also if playing pubs you are stealing a possible walking cane from someone) , merm guards allows wurt to have a superior damage output. If you don't like the merm guard grind or playing on pubs, wolfgang also has same damage as Wanda without the tedious grind to craft alarming clock (which can be annoying to craft on pubs with people taking gems from graves and mining marble).

2 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Takes until winter to get her rift watch

merm guards allows wurt to have a superior damage output.

wolfgang also has same damage as Wanda without the tedious grind to craft alarming clock

ok and

On 5/1/2022 at 7:13 AM, Theukon-dos said:

Playing Webber means you don't have to play the worst designed character in the game

really?...I thought Wortox or Walter is worst designed character

13 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

really?...I thought Wortox or Walter is worst designed character

Every time someone claims a character is the worst it's a different character. I think that shows the characters are all well designed. 

Archived