Soooo... What is the point of Webber if Wurt is so much superior?

On 7/18/2022 at 4:42 PM, NightfallsCurse said:

Webber has free healing and also doesn't have a strict diet as Wurt does, not only that, but Webber can eat monster meat without penalty (also the fact that he can eat any sort of raw meat without the sanity penalty)

I'm not trying to go on a page long rant on this but all characters have free healing and wurts limited diet is the least of her worries. Webber being able to eat monster meat without penalty is basically useless since regular big meat is so extremely farmable.

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

regular meat is more reliable easier to mass produce later on and has better recipes.

I mean if you’re wurt then those recipes are useless

i like big meat recipes for like emergency hunger/health but I’d rather bring a few stacks of monster meat with me in bundles for short trips to the ruins and stuff.

since nurse spiders exist, I wouldn’t use healing foods often, maybe from time-to-time, I would use them, but I like jellybeans, and Webber can eat those so those will be my go to health source instead (only if I don’t have nurse spiders tho)

Just now, NightfallsCurse said:

i like big meat recipes for like emergency hunger/health but I’d rather bring a few stacks of monster meat with me in bundles for short trips to the ruins and stuff.

there is no upside to bringing monster meat instead of high hunger dishes, all you're doing is wasting time

1 minute ago, NightfallsCurse said:

I mean if you’re wurt then those recipes are useless

Honey is better than monster meat in just about everyway

6 minutes ago, Dextops said:

1.) there is no upside to bringing monster meat instead of high hunger dishes, all you're doing is wasting time

2.) Honey is better than monster meat in just about everyway

1.) Usually as Webber I farm monster meat on a regular basis and then bundle it for later, I bring that just so I can get to where I need to be without cooking

2.) Sure, but I’d rather eat it by itself tbh, if I’m going on a really long trip, sure, honey ham and meatballs are better for those situations, especially if honey ham spoils slower

On 7/14/2022 at 11:03 PM, Mysterious box said:

and fresh water fish not stacking is painful but this can also be cheesed you can create merm wars for a lot of fish and then give all your fish to one of you merms as they have no stack limit then take them to where you need the fish and murder them for a fish explosion.

this is actually pretty good, never thought of this. 

On 7/15/2022 at 1:03 AM, Theukon-dos said:

See, I'm not opposed too "Offshoot" perks or QoL perks. They are certainly good for rounding a character out. The issue is that for the most part, Wurt is just QoL perks.

is it really the issue though? (warning - a lot of bias and subjective opinions ahead).

she has a main perk - merm kingdom and stuff (it could be expanded upon, of course, but it's pretty fine as is) and then QoL perks to make playing as Wurt more intresting. 

her merm related perks aren't exactly something to ignore either: easy to mass produce, regular merms are a great way to get logs and rocks in early game, and powerful merm guards(off topic, but they're extremely easy to mass produce as well, idk why people think it takes 3 years to make a solid army or something) give you a solid protection later on.

now, merm king. merm king is probably my favorite part of Wurt's perks. why? because it's like a little side quest, which makes you explore the constant (i always love when character's perks make you want to explore, like WX-78 for example) and sail early on to gather materials, and rewards you with: higher stats(not that significant, but 250 hunger is pretty nice), buff to all merms, merm neutrality(not everyone likes this, but i personaly love it, since i like playing with people), access to trading and merm guards. now, trading could be more intresting, but it does its job (provides tenticle spots for more merm guards, large amounts of regular seeds, some special seeds(including Warly's trio of pepper, garlic and onion seeds), kelp, trinkets(including fishing ones) and some reeds(+gold if ocean fish)). 

so yeah, maybe Wurt consists mostly of QoL perks, but that doesn't mean she's badly designed or anything and it doesn't mean she doesn't have any perks which would make you wanna play her if you took away QoL ones. 

thanks for explanation with Wigfrid and Wanda btw. i kinda understand now, still don't get why it matters, but guess that's just matter of taste, as always. 

10 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

1.) Usually as Webber I farm monster meat on a regular basis and then bundle it for later, I bring that just so I can get to where I need to be without cooking

you could use that monster meat with regular meat and get a meaty stew and bundle those. and if you're wurt honey will suffice since low spoil timer and easily mass

10 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

2.) Sure, but I’d rather eat it by itself tbh, if I’m going on a really long trip, sure, honey ham and meatballs are better for those situations, especially if honey ham spoils slower

But i don't get that other than laziness and thats not really an upside for webber  

23 hours ago, Dextops said:

there is no upside to bringing monster meat instead of high hunger dishes, all you're doing is wasting time

You should be getting them fresh from dangling depth dwellers, or your other spiders when they die. (Assuming you can grab them before the spiders.)

Archived