Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2022

Not sure why I expected more as Klei have always been pretty hush hush and secretive about upcoming content with only mild spoilers or teasers but I was hoping for a little more with the roadmap.

Don't get me wrong the news and what we have been told is amazing and I'm definitely being impatient but God I want to open that sealed portal in the archives...!!!

Character refreshes are great and yes every character and the players who enjoy those characters deserve them but I'm really keen on content updates over anything else to keep the game fresh and exciting. We need biome reworks and further quest chains. Also where are Billy and Mumsy??? They're such loved characters and so many people want their story told or to see them as NPCs. I know DST's story and lore are crpytic but I thought Altar, Wagstaff and Charlie's return would surely result in some more tidbits of lore or story bring revealed but honestly were still just as lost as before If not more so!

I know I'm being a little negative and it sounds like we're getting a ton of awesome stuff this year I just wish the content updates weren't simply setting the stage for the real content updates it sounds like we'll get next year. I think I was simply expecting more than what is realistic or likely. 

Any way I cannot wait for year of the catcoon this week!!!! That kitcoon is absolutely adorable and I cannot wait to spoil them silly just like my real cat!

Oh.. weren't we meant to get a twitch drop today? I guess I misread that and it's dropping with YotCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kind of unrelated but whenever I see this loading screen I think about how willow's hand looks like a stick and I can't think of any way to position one's fingers to be like that. Someone, please tell me I'm not insane! Is this done on purpose? Just look at wilson's hand for example. Looks totally normal! But Willow's is a twig if I ever saw one.

image (3).png

Edited by SmallBirdHungry
  • Haha 2

oh yeah also while i can imagine giving wilson a bit more practicality/team usefulness would be cool really do avoid overcomplicating it, wilson serves as a good no-fluff dont starve experience

excited for the animated short atleast, maybe we'll get to see his family or whatever it was that drove him to living out in the woods

7 hours ago, FTLAK said:

OMG OMG OMG! So excited! W character refresh!! AS in WURT? 

Need a station for crafts. For cool things. 

Pig glasses so I can finally trade with the fat one! 

A longer lasting fish mask for my non merm friends. 

Ability to set patrols for my merms, give them a weapon.  

Wurt is a merm, why shouldn't get Wet or get a speed boost in swamp when she is. She is a merm! they live in the swamp. 

Also, are we getting a pet update? Please ad the following

Pet house - 4 boards and 4 grass - Allow you to drop off your pet prior to a boss battle as they only get in the way and eat your food. 

Allow us to send our pets out for a task, each pet can go collect things for you. 

Casts get grass, dogs get twigs, one could collect reeds, rocks, flint... wait no Never flint No one EVER NEEDS FLINT! :) 

So excited and thank you Klei! Its going to be a great year! 

I doubt wurt is getting a refresh anytime soon. Wurt is also already faster on swamp turf...

Naw, most likely WX, wicker, maxwell, wilson. I'm mostly sad maxwell will likely be the last character.

16 hours ago, JoeW said:

Three "setting the stage" Content updates

Could we instead get 3 "cleaning the stage" updates?

Y'know, like, properly finish the Gatewat arc, retcon the Eye of the Storm update and properly finish RoT.

Better yet, RoT needs a continuation. I don't care if it's under a different name, you cannot leave Alter's arc like that and just start something else.

I hope that's what those 3 content updates will deliver

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Could we instead get 3 "cleaning the stage" updates?

Y'know, like, properly finish the Gatewat arc, retcon the Eye of the Storm update and properly finish RoT.

Better yet, RoT needs a continuation. I don't care if it's under a different name, you cannot leave Alter's arc like that and just start something else.

I hope that's what those 3 content updates will deliver

man... they are looking at the moon and you have wagstaff gears in the ground...with this hints we can asume that the next arc is about pigking lmao

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

man... they are looking at the moon and you have wagstaff gears in the ground...with this hints we can asume that the next arc is about pigking lmao

aren't you funny

I remember when some years ago Klei posted this image hinting that we'd get something new in that direction:

image.thumb.png.e16407087f1e5bba3a47eacd04015cb1.png

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

roadmap_2022.png

Regarding this image, I think the gear and wire along with a thorny vine could suggest that that's a Wagstaff-modified Florid Postern.

Ofc this is just a roadmap promotional image so it might not mean a heck lot

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

retcon the Eye of the Storm update

no god no why?
i don't think eye of the storm should've been retconned i think more stuff should've happened before it of course but it is fine as an ending its the middle that RoT has trouble with

12 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I think the left corner of the roadmap image is just a cute little nod to the last characters left for a refresh.

The Alchemy Engine wire for Wilson, Gears for WX-78, and vines for Wickerbottom.

image.png.e4c089964eeae4af704a99bea9c68a0f.pngimage.png.4f0923fa8f90707d318261e492325e3d.png

yeah already said this that this could hint to the order of the rework being wx wicker wilson maxwell since wx's gear is the closest to the survivors while the other 2 are closer to the foreground the alchemy engine part being the closest 

• Like 1

WORMWOOD, is one of them Wormwood. Please let it be Wormwood. As a person who likes playing Wormwood it would be pretty cool if Wormwood had more team-based base abilities other than being living log factory. I haven't really played hamlet at all, but it seems to me that Wormwood had minimal changes, compared to Warly who got spices and more recipes.

I just want more Wormwood really.

• Haha 1

I for one will be quite disappointed in Klei if Wilson doesn’t become more interesting to play as, In the very starting animation for the original DS game we see this dude duct taping rats together, using his own blood for science experiments, combining chemicals into a science beaker before they explode in his face, we also see in his vignette him pouring a chemical beaker into the mouth of some bird that oddly resembles Goose Woodie.

The he’s default and doesn’t need any perks argument never held any water for me.. DST has all the characters unlocked from the start, unlike DS Solo where you only start as Wilson and unlock others along the way, You could pick anyone in DST: Not to mention if you want a boring default character just don’t use their unique new perks and they’ll stay mostly boring and default. 

I kinda want to see some kind of perk related to him mastering the constant once and becoming it’s temporary king. :) 

Im also curious what these 3 QoL & 3 Setting the Stage updates will do..

Like- Is setting the stage more stuff like Water Logged? 

• Like 4