Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2022

15 minutes ago, MoonChildd said:

Wow, We're really excited for the coming of the year of the cat-coon! This photo exactly looks like my cat Karamel but karamel is just a little fatter. For the year of the catcoon, paws up everyone! Thank you everything Klei! By the way will be there also potato sack for Wolfgang?

Is this beautiful girl below a cat or a raccoon? Or the both? I love this beauty!

Hide contents

mycatjpeg.thumb.jpeg.014e0ed451f0e6c215cefb349547abf9.jpeg

Lots of love for beloved Karamel and to all cats! Paws up!

Edited by Redhead
  • Like 1

my guessed order of the reworks from the image
1st wx
2nd wicker
3rd wilson
4th william/maxwell
i say this because in the bottom right it shows the items from foreground to background in the order gear (wx) plant (wicker) and part of the alchemy engine (wilson) and maxwell could be last because in the teaser he is absent from the image which is a teaser for 2022 and one of the reworks is being released in 2023 and thematically it makes sense but thats just a guess

you all owe me 20 bucks if im right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dextops said:

my guessed order of the reworks from the image
1st wx
2nd wicker
3rd wilson
4th william/maxwell
i say this because in the bottom right it shows the items from foreground to background in the order gear (wx) plant (wicker) and part of the alchemy engine (wilson) and maxwell could be last because in the teaser he is absent from the image which is a teaser for 2022 and one of the reworks is being released in 2023 and thematically it makes sense but thats just a guess

you all owe me 20 bucks if im right

the gear looks like wagstaff crafting tabimage.png.a4518885f1b3beb9300787517dc47682.png while ingame gears looks like image.png.5175a9e366fc0fd6f34085075b9d4137.png  

also the vine is similar to a rose vine which is related to charlie so my guess is that they will interact somehow (most epic anime battle ever?)

Spoiler

Silk Rose Vine 57" Long – RusticReach

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 4
  • Sanity 1

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the gear looks like wagstaff crafting tab

and who created wx?

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

also the vine is similar to a rose vine which is related to charlie so my guess is that they will interact somehow (most epic anime battle ever?)

could also refer to applied silviculture and horticulture abridged 

• Like 1

I love that there won't be a new character this year, I think it's been a while for us to appreciate the characters that have been released so far.
Amazing roadmap, Klei, I love you and I can't say enough about it. Looking forward to knowing the title of the third season of content, because A New Reign and Return of Them was both incredible :wilson_blush:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

maybe im just too tired or something, but i suddenly started to see a face in the sky, and a small figure walkin on the clouds, maybe its true, maybe im realy tired and start to see weird things and try to find something, im not sure
image.png.bf96ddfa1d795caea1826b481b00d8b7.png

AMOGUS on cloud

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

roadmap_2022.png

Hey everybody. It's Roadmap time again!

NOTE: Please remember that the roadmap is provided to give the community a sense of what we are working on and what is driving our decisions and what we are focused on in the coming year. None of this is a promise or a guarantee. We always prioritize quality over deadlines and all dates and timelines are estimated to the best of our current ability. Many long-time fans will know that we often add new things to these plans which often shifts things around a bit, so it is recommended that you avoid scheduling your vacation plans around our dates.

This roadmap is subject to change at any time, but as we have done in the past, we will let you know if any of these plans change significantly.

2021 Recap. 
For 2021 we aimed to "keep on keeping on". As we have previously seen our content schedule of character refreshes and occasional substantial content updates has continued to work out well for the team and players. 

In 2021 we released one new character, three character refreshes, two significant QOL updates, two major content updates. We brought Kleifest and the Summer Cawnival as well as our regular holiday events and a surprise content update with our Terraria collaboration. We had SO much fun working with Re-logic for this fun little diversion that turned out to be not so little. I don't know if we'll ever have another awesome opportunity like that, but it was an absolute blast and we're thrilled everybody enjoyed it so much. 

We did have to make room for the Terraria collaboration by shifting around updates, but frankly - the team really needed that time to do something different for a little while, and I think it was worth it. We're well on our way to some great content updates for 2022. 

We have four more character refreshes we need to get through this roadmap before we can move onto some more substantial plans we have for 2023. So our content updates this year will be mainly focused on setting the stage for what comes next.

However, it's worth noting that this roadmap is much more focused and established internally than previous years as we focus to prepare for the next content arc. 

What's Next?

We have a strong schedule ahead for 2022 that is intended on smoothing out the game in preparation for the next arc after finishing the next four character refreshes. This roadmap is actually going to stretch a little into 2023 as we finally refresh W... I mean.. the last character.  

In addition to this, the QOL updates are planned to be more significant in such a way that they will affect how you play the game a bit more than previously. More details on that as we get closer to the first of those coming out to a test branch in February.

The Plan for 2022

• Year of the Catcoon + 2023 "Year of the...." event
  • Four Character refreshes ending in Q1 2023
  • Three QOL updates
  • More Cawnival games and prizes
  • Three "setting the stage" Content updates

As with previous updates we plan to have something out for players every month as well as streaming drops, Kleifest including significant additions to the Summer Cawnival as well as our regular holiday events. 

And that's it!
Oh, that's not entirely it - Get ready to meet the Kitcoons in The Year of the Catcoon event on January 27th!  

kitcoon.png

Till next time. Have fun out there everybody!

By "setting the stage update" do you mean filling blank spaces in order for everything to fill natural "like more ocean content or cave structures etc" or just smoothing out the game with bug fixes cause don't get me wrong I'm hyped for both but well we all know what I would prefer the most

1 minute ago, Squidily said:

By "setting the stage update" do you mean filling blank spaces in order for everything to fill natural "like more ocean content or cave structures etc" or just smoothing out the game with bug fixes cause don't get me wrong I'm hyped for both but well we all know what I would prefer the most

there are announced as content updates so i guess is something like your 1st example

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think was @lakhnish who share it but it was kinda "clear" that was about perks, might be wrong because was few days after the official klei discord channel so i dont remember well what was talking about the other user. Maybe i just read what i wished hahaha

Wasn't me, I barely interact in the kleicord :>

1 minute ago, kittem said:

i wonder why they are introducing "kitcoons" when we already have kittykits? unless theyre just renaming them

Maybe its an alternative so you don't have to change your pet to interact with the content and so monster characters don't have to be near a regular catcoon because they are aggressive to them.

• Like 1