Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2022

9 hours ago, yourAnty said:

I'm expecting a QOL update in July, Wickerbottom rework in August, another content update thingy in September, October possibly a Qol update alongside the usual hallowed nights update? November is another content setting the stage updatey diddly doodad and in december is either Wilson rework or just winter's feast.

And by expecting I mean just taking guesses of the order and months for certain announced updates, wouldn't mind if some of them were wrong or were postponed/ cancelled, like one less qol update or sth, can't wait for more is all.

Be careful, if enough people say it's okay they might just cancel everything and switch all development focus to ROTWOOD

• Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Roadmap for 2022/Q1 2023.

Year of Catcoon + “Year of (2023)”

4 Character refreshes ending Q1 2023

3 QOL updates

More Cawnival games & prizes

3 "setting the stage" Content updates

What we have had so far-

•January- Year of the Catcoon •February/March- QoL Update 1 of 3, •April- WX78 Rework 1 of 4, •Early June- Midsummers Cawnival Year 2 •Late June- Curse of Moon Quay Setting the Stage Update 1 of 3, August- Wickerbottom Rework 2 of 4

This years roadmap so far has been nothing short of phenomenal dare I say it could possibly be the best roadmap Klei has done to date we still have 2 more QoLs, 2 more Setting the Stage content updates, and 2 more character reworks to go! 

(plans are always subject to change at anytime.. but Klei will let us know when plans change, until then Don’t kill my Hype!)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

With only a few months left I have no clue how they are going to cram two more QoL updates and two setting the stage ones, let alone two more reworks...

They did say that the last character rework is going to be in 2023. As for the rest, if it's one thing per month, then yeah we might get one or more of those updates in 2023 as well.

I don't mind though, as long as they keep bringing quality content as they always do :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not a big fan of the drama update, though it is nice to have some actual story lore in the game and not scattered across the internet & all the new skins are nice! 

Really the most interesting thing about this update that hardly anyone seems to talk about, is how a lot of the statues in the Constant are now covered with roses. This intrigues me a lot, because before this Charlie has been quietly doing her plot in the background, but now she's acting more like Maxwell, shaping the world itself to her own liking. We haven't seen this side of her since the New Reign animated short.

I still wonder how the Moon Quay update set the stage for anything. It's a direct consequence of the Return of Them arc, but I have no clue where they will take it from here.

Edited by Roodmas
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Roodmas said:

Really the most interesting thing about this update that hardly anyone seems to talk about, is how a lot of the statues in the Constant are now covered with roses. This intrigues me a lot, because before this Charlie has been quietly doing her plot in the background, but now she's acting more like Maxwell, shaping the world itself to her own liking. We haven't seen this side of her since the New Reign animated short.

I still wonder how the Moon Quay update set the stage for anything. It's a direct consequence of the Return of Them arc, but I have no clue where they will take it from here.

and broken... i dont know why they made the vines able to break statues..

I can see why it would be frustrating when the aesthetic changes, so maybe being able to build those statues could be a solution..? 

Personally I really like the fact that it's a living world where things change. Charlie is not going to ask anyone for a permission to break whatever she wants broken or to build whatever she wants to build, and once again it's just another thing the player must adapt to. But I'm a sucker for lore, so that's just my take on the matter. I'd like to see even more changes and evidence that things are still on the move and that time is still a thing even on the Constant. But maybe being able to craft new statues would be a way to make everyone happy on that matter.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

49 minutes ago, JeMiChi said:

I can see why it would be frustrating when the aesthetic changes, so maybe being able to build those statues could be a solution..? 

Personally I really like the fact that it's a living world where things change. Charlie is not going to ask anyone for a permission to break whatever she wants broken or to build whatever she wants to build, and once again it's just another thing the player must adapt to. But I'm a sucker for lore, so that's just my take on the matter. I'd like to see even more changes and evidence that things are still on the move and that time is still a thing even on the Constant. But maybe being able to craft new statues would be a way to make everyone happy on that matter.

I really want a craft able Maxwell statue now

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:55 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

and broken... i dont know why they made the vines able to break statues..

I’m pretty sure this is telling the story of the crumbling of one civilization to build up to another. (Aka Charlie’s rose thorns are destroying Maxwells statues)

I would LOVE to see this extend deeper like seeing mobs change/become more intelligent, learning what the lunar island/unnatural portal does long term to the world… etc.

But at the same time I’d like an optional (classic) mode too so I can enjoy what I’m already playing, while what should probably be ideas saved for a DS 2- can be added.

Having Charlie’s roses start to effect Maxwells statues is the start of this world altering change, but I really really hope Klei still gives us the option to play the game the classic way.

That said: I wanna see new world Gen options, such as archipelago or a world completely overrun by Lunar Island shenanigans and mutations.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

Give the speed back to wolfgang , all characters received a huge buff and wolfgang gets a huge nerf,  why ??? I play ds and dst since 2013  and aways plays wolfgang , i stopped playing before wolf nerf , i Dont care if i can row faster,  chop trees with 4-5 less swings , i just want my mustache running and killing everything , and i will dont talk about the nerf on his hp too , but the hp doenst matter if i have my speed back

18 hours ago, fernando12136 said:

Give the speed back to wolfgang , all characters received a huge buff and wolfgang gets a huge nerf,  why ??? I play ds and dst since 2013  and aways plays wolfgang , i stopped playing before wolf nerf , i Dont care if i can row faster,  chop trees with 4-5 less swings , i just want my mustache running and killing everything , and i will dont talk about the nerf on his hp too , but the hp doenst matter if i have my speed back

He can already deal more damage than he could do before. Giving him speed again is just redundant.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

the remainder of the 2022(3) roadmap is WinterFeast, Year Of & Wilson Rework. 
Im actually looking forward to Wilson’s rework because much like Wes, his gameplay is a blank slate to make him into something completely unique.

Well, easiest would be to move Wickerbottom's +1 science to Wilson's perks. This would also work as a character balance -tweak.

If only Wilson is left for a rework what would he get, no advantages but the beard (although being able to see firepits when they get in the game would be nice so that they don't ask where the base is.), no disadvantages, so what could you guys do with him?

Edited by Samediowl

6 hours ago, Samediowl said:

If only Wilson is left for reworks what would he get, no advantages but the beard (although being able to see firepits when they get in the game would be nice so that they don't ask where the base is.), no disadvantages, so what could you guys do with him?

Here’s the problem with that- every other character has a unique gimmick, a specific playstyle or something that makes playing as them fun. It’s not up to me to decide what would make Wilson fun, but I can say for certain that it’s not being the “beginner character” 

On 1/7/2023 at 7:05 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Here’s the problem with that- every other character has a unique gimmick, a specific playstyle or something that makes playing as them fun. It’s not up to me to decide what would make Wilson fun, but I can say for certain that it’s not being the “beginner character” 

Problem with what? I didn't suggest anything but being able to see firepits and that was just a joke. Also Wilson doesn't have to be the "beginner character" I played Webber at the start of my 100 hours (as I am typing this.) and I main him fulltime and occasionally play maxwell.