For threads that don't deserve their own thread

I actually have an idea not mentioned here that involves Wanda smacking some DST mobs re-imagined as two existing Pokemons, you guys will see it in the next days as my profile picture:D Super excited to go home and start wasting my time on that.

Edit: Presenting, the Spluaipoms and the Spluambipoms

I haven't played the new event, looks like content padding (which I 100% don't have a problem with. I support low content updates to hopefully give the devs a break and some needed fun).

The "year of" events have been hit or miss with me, with year of the beef being my favorite. To bad we didn't get a cat outfit for the beefs.

For the past 2 days I’ve had a migraine headache and have been seeing little dots of color that blink every color of the rainbow, now this is unusual to me because usually I don’t see colors when I get a headache, but I haven’t been playing any games to trigger these headaches either I’ve just legit felt sick, I do have bad eye sight though & need to wear glasses, I’m about like Wagstaff Gameplay but in Real Life, without his glasses on things really do be looking that blurry. 
I hope I get better soon.. I simply don’t have the money to go to the hospital & have myself seen about, For many years though I’ve had some kind of stomach issue that hurts like heck, and when I go to the ER to have it seen about they tell me they can’t find anything wrong with me but I should follow up with a professional stomach doctor just to be safe- I can not afford a professional stomach doctor & it seems odd that they would even suggest this.. But then just saying it seriously worries me, & for many years now playing games like Don’t Starve & Don’t Starve Together has taken my mind off whatever is wrong with me and allowed me to enjoy a fantasy world full of wacky biomes content & characters, this game despite all odds managed to steal away my favorite game spot amongst all the franchises I’ve ever played, and I KNOW that if Klei keeps at it that someday This franchise will be the Juggernaut Success they’ve always wanted it to become, but considering my own stomach/health issues I am uncertain as to if I’ll be here to experience it once it reaches the success I know it’s fully capable of hitting.

It scares, and it worries me.. but I try to push the thoughts to the back of my mind & just enjoy the stuff that I DO get to experience, I’ve loved most every update Klei has put out for this funky little game & I sincerely thank them all for keeping me entertained. And I’m looking forward to whatever they have planned for the foreseeable future. :)

Ultimately being here within these forums & playing this game is how I choose to spend & enjoy my time, But I also know that when it’s my time to go gods gonna call me home regardless of how much I’m not ready to go home yet.. so with any luck I’ll still be here to experience the day the Dont Starve franchise reaches the popularity I’ve always known it deserves, but just encase I’m not.. never give up on your dreams, they once said people would never fly- then we got hot air balloons, helicopters, & airplanes, sure maybe we don’t have “built in” flight, but we flew all the same. Nothing is Impossible, if you put your mind & creativity into it enough.

my thoughts & prayers go out to each & everyone of you :wilson_love: keep on keeping on.

9 minutes ago, EssZee said:

random question but also super curious, in what situation would you use the shopcat emoji

I keep getting it and I'm wondering if they're using @Mike23Ua's interpretations as the highest award that can be given or something along the lines of "not funny, didn't laugh" or a stare of disapproval since the cat looks so serious and upset. 

5 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I keep getting it and I'm wondering if they're using @Mike23Ua's interpretations as the highest award that can be given or something along the lines of "not funny, didn't laugh" or a stare of disapproval since the cat looks so serious and upset. 

you should shopcat him back regardless of whatever he says :wilson_laugh:

18 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Better Question, what’s it mean when a Klei Dev reacts with ShopCat? :wilson_goodjob:

My definition of the "Shopcat" is the same as Mike's (because I thought Mike's definition was the official definition). However we need to start questioning the very existence of Shopcat if we want to get anywhere. Are we even sure Shopcat is a real react? Or just a mirage, a disguise our mind gives to a eldritch being?

First time fishing in the oasis:

1. Fashion goggles
  2. Fish
  3. Desert goggles

I was all bunkered down in the oasis and planning to spend the whole season fishing.  But thankfully not!

Makes me wonder if they have increased the chances of getting it.  Would be a fantastic change if so.

Maybe the fact that I started fishing on day 756 might have impacted my chances?  Maybe the game wants to show me some compassion?  Eh.

PS: I also got two silky verdant beards in a row.  Almost makes me think that the RNG is being weird.

20 hours ago, abrocator said:

The fact that water pumps can themselves smolder and catch on fire sums up how I feel about the Ocean right now.

you'd be delighted to hear that the burning state of the pump does not prevent one from pumping water regardless so in the end it doesn't matter.

After all it's a wooden pump mechanism that makes use of a peculiar fish's water spitting lung.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

you'd be delighted to hear that the burning state of the pump does not prevent one from pumping water regardless so in the end it doesn't matter.

It does matter if you're not there to notice it or it catches on fire mid battle.

After all it's a wooden pump mechanism that makes use of a peculiar fish's water spitting lung.

I feel like adding real life logic to explain why an item is how it is is a bad idea. With logic you can go any route and just ends up being subjective. I can say that the structure is used to spew water and should therefore always be wet or that the fish is alive (otherwise it would rot) and that for that reason the structure should be wet.

Anyways the real reason the structure sucks is because it is heavily outclassed by the watering can and luxury fan. The structure should act like a infinitely fueled fling-o and auto target fires, especially because it takes up boat space. 

26 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

The Wolfgang funds thread got locked because of one person smh.

Mods could have just mute that person especially considering everyone was behaving cordially. 

is fun how a sad life jerk comes to feel superior and the mods punishing everyone except him (he didnt like the topic and he won) instead of just banning that bitter kid

30 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

The Wolfgang funds thread got locked because of one person smh.

Mods could have just mute that person especially considering everyone was behaving cordially. 

Or.. the more likely reason that thread got locked is because Klei has read through it & have finalized their plans for him.

JoeW even states “Changes are coming to Wolfgang” but he doesn’t say when we should expect them to arrive.

The thread hasn’t been hidden from view, it’s simply been locked from having anything else added into it.

It's never because of one person. If something is locked, it's because multiple people keep going off the rails despite attempts to get it under control. If a thread has run its course and no new constructive conversation is being had, I would rather lock it than have to keep coming to the thread over and over again to keep people from arguing. 

Most of the offending posts get hidden. We didn't have to hide posts as much as I have to now, but if I don't then people will keep replying and posts keep getting reported. 

It's extremely rare that it's ever just ONE person causing a problem. If others weren't engaging with that person and continuing whatever squabble or being as bad in response it wouldn't have been a problem because the original person wouldn't have anything else to say. If you are posting about another specific persons behavior... you're contributing to the problem. 

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

It's never because of one person. If something is locked, it's because multiple people keep going off the rails despite attempts to get it under control. If a thread has run its course and no new constructive conversation is being had, I would rather lock it than have to keep coming to the thread over and over again to keep people from arguing. 

One person caused a chain reaction that got the thread locked. 

Also no one attempted to get the thread back on track, you can go and take a look yourself if you don't believe me. Some users shouldn't have replied but it gets annoying having people constantly going into Wolfgang threads and troll. It keeps happening and it always the same people. At some point you have to speak up as it's hard to stay quiet when people keep trying invalidate your voice.

Most of the offending posts get hidden. We didn't have to hide posts as much as I have to now, but if I don't then people will keep replying and posts keep getting reported. 

Well I wished the offenders would be given a talk to instead. Given the few number of moderators I've seen over the course of my accounts life time perhaps this isn't feasible. 

It's extremely rare that it's ever just ONE person causing a problem. If others weren't engaging with that person and continuing whatever squabble or being as bad in response it wouldn't have been a problem because the original person wouldn't have anything else to say. If you are posting about another specific persons behavior... you're contributing to the problem. 

Anyways, it wasn't my intention to point fingers but felt the thread being locked was unjustified. You can disagree with me but that's how I feel and I can't talk about an issue I believe isn't justified without bringing it up first. 

It is my personal belief that one becomes complicit in the bad behaviors of other when one decides to remain silent. Sometimes not feeding the trolls doesn't stop the trolls. Having said that, it wasn't my intention to start an argument. 

Edit: And I want to add that that thread was important to some of us. A celebration and united effort of sorts and despite a warning not to troll people still decided to troll. 

It's annoying, even in a secluded space in the beta section people still went out their way to troll. And I think the moderators could have done a little more than just outright lock it. That's a all I'm saying. 

Rereading this comment makes me think it sounds a tad dramatic but I'm not trying to be lol.

10 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

It does matter if you're not there to notice it or it catches on fire mid battle.

I feel like adding real life logic to explain why an item is how it is is a bad idea. With logic you can go any route and just ends up being subjective. I can say that the structure is used to spew water and should therefore always be wet or that the fish is alive (otherwise it would rot) and that for that reason the structure should be wet.

Anyways the real reason the structure sucks is because it is heavily outclassed by the watering can and luxury fan. The structure should act like a infinitely fueled fling-o and auto target fires, especially because it takes up boat space. 

Ultimately why does it matter if it's inflammable or not though? It's a boat accessory so even if it was non-flammable, the flammable nature of the boat or any other structure on it makes it go down with the boat, doesn't add any significant extra inflammability to your life. You don't have to take extra care of it any more than the boat. Overall it works fine, wish it aimed better at cruising speeds. Auto-firing when the pump ITSELF starts burning would be a nice addition, making it more useful in stationary boats. It occupies little space so overall it's a valiant alternative to carrying extra firefighting gear in your or ship's limited inventory space

9 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Ultimately why does it matter if it's inflammable or not though?

You can be unlucky enough that your pump and boat burn off screen.

I use dummy boats for fishing, fighting malbatross, mining salt and anything else that may put my main boat in danger. When I return and see my boat on fire I can quickly save everything on fire with a quick use of the luxury fan without having to even step on the boat. Every little second counts when things are on fire

It's a boat accessory so even if it was non-flammable, the flammable nature of the boat or any other structure on it makes it go down with the boat, doesn't add any significant extra inflammability to your life. You don't have to take extra care of it any more than the boat. Overall it works fine, wish it aimed better at cruising speeds. Auto-firing when the pump ITSELF starts burning would be a nice addition, making it more useful in stationary boats. It occupies little space so overall it's a valiant alternative to carrying extra firefighting gear in your or ship's limited inventory space

Making it inflammable isn't going to fix anything, I know, and I don't think I suggested that to be a fix. My suggested fix is for it to work as an infinite fling-o and that it's main problem is that it's inferior to other methods for what it does (only working when the player is present). The other issue is boat space as I need structures to be very far apart from each other due to input detection overlapping in a small space. 

I only see this structure being worth it if it can function on its own. A single luxury fan can last me several summers and fighting goosy is surprisingly easier and funner than looking for that particular fish (plus you get food).

Archived