For threads that don't deserve their own thread

Are there any good reasons to extend the plank and actually abandon the ship? I didn't even realize the mechanic existed until a friend did it but I'm wondering if there's an actual practical use to it. Do you have a health penalty after abandoning? Do you "revive" on land with all your stuff or are you still missing rocks/gold/grass/twigs, etc

1 hour ago, PetulantPansy said:

Are there any good reasons to extend the plank and actually abandon the ship? I didn't even realize the mechanic existed until a friend did it but I'm wondering if there's an actual practical use to it. Do you have a health penalty after abandoning? Do you "revive" on land with all your stuff or are you still missing rocks/gold/grass/twigs, etc

You receive the health penalty, lose some of your items, you're soaked wet, but at least you're on land. 

Unless it spits you on the lunar island. Then good luck

14 hours ago, BezKa said:

You receive the health penalty, lose some of your items, you're soaked wet, but at least you're on land. 

Hmmm ok. This seems exactly the same as when your raft breaks. 

It's a cool mechanic but unfortunately it doesn't sound like it has any real use :|

exceptions: 

- run out of food and will die

- as others say no oar/wood/driftwood/sail

On 3/1/2022 at 8:11 AM, Paoling said:

Everyone first DS/T fanarts because the more that I draw the more I feel like trash and want to know how other people started out and to see if other people feel like me.

so you want to see my fan art of dontstarve? wich at the same time is alsol my very first drawing i ever dit? ok, here we go

2021_02_21_0si_Kleki.thumb.png.46e9a63bff757bfd61e7e5de06b169d2.png

yes, thats the very first thing i made, looks bad, but later you may have seen it before, my art got better

On 3/11/2022 at 8:50 AM, BezKa said:

exchept you can technicaly escape the moon isle, all you need is allready there, sticks and flint to make a pickaxe, to then get gold and stones, then find an glass axe on the moon isle, then you build a science machine, build the thinktank, and then make boat and oars

You know what? I just realized, that this game is sandbox not only for us, players, but also for devs. Programing game like DTS should be feel like playing in sandbox: lots of small details which separate, but connected, like a silk.

That all I wanted to say

Archived