An Eye for An Eye - Crossover Event Available Now!

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

nope except that you might repeat the fight in case you let the weapon and helmet broke, other than that the update was 2 bosses, a variety of set pieces for the terrarium and the skins

atleast the items are cool (twins loot is kinda underwhelming for such bullet hell fight..), the fights are fun, the skins are cool as always and is good to see that klei is paying attention to our demands of having more set pieces like in DS
pretty much what we should expected

What are the set pieces? Do I need to host a new world to experience those?? I only found the chest in my existing world (it’s easy to miss if it’s hidden in a sea of trees) but the skins are all quite nice- I especially love the Eyeball pet den critter, the dark sword, alchemy engine, lureplant, Tail O skin, & “Wigfrids Bugnet” skins.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What are the set pieces? Do I need to host a new world to experience those?? I only found the chest in my existing world (it’s easy to miss if it’s hidden in a sea of trees) but the skins are all quite nice- I especially love the Eyeball pet den critter, the dark sword, alchemy engine, lureplant, Tail O skin, & “Wigfrids Bugnet” skins.

yes, old worlds only get the chest but new worlds have a set piece where you can find the chest. I have seen 2 kind of set pieces, idk how many there are

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

lureplant

the lureplant is gorgeous, i cant wait to unlock it

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 2

Just to be sure: there is a total of 29 Terraria-themed skins (including the Merchant's outfit), right?

Also, @Mike23Ua, you can use the Terror Eye/Twins on other bosses (on-demand summoning) if you can make them aggro on each-other to "soften up" a party or the other - and then go in for the kill on whomever boss remains standing; it's one strategy after you and your friends/playmates on server all got those respective bosses loot table and still want to do something fun/amusing with Terraria bosses in DST context.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Just to be sure: there is a total of 29 Terraria-themed skins (including the Merchant's outfit), right?

Also, @Mike23Ua, you can use the Terror Eye/Twins on other bosses (on-demand summoning) if you can make them aggro on each-other to "soften up" a party or the other - and then go in for the kill on whomever boss remains standing; it's one strategy after you and your friends/playmates on server all got those respective bosses loot table and still want to do something fun/amusing with Terraria bosses in DST context.

The animated short eludes to this though by having the boss show up and eat Bearger. With a portable boss spawning device it was obviously one of the FIRST things I tried. It’s actually fairly useful for solo players- I mean yes it sometimes backfires and you die but- that’s just the kind of game DST is Risk Vs Reward.

Is it worth summoning Terraria boss down on -insert whatever boss you want to try here-? Are you willing to deal with the consequences when both bosses ignore each other and come after you?

In a way it’s sort of a way for players to lower the health of High HP bosses in the cheapest way possible without hours of set up and prep- you can use him as an “In-Game” boss scaling device- which is cool.

The only thing I’m truly sad about with this update is the lack of any new mobs outside of the boss itself, now that the “Peepers” are in the game they should utilize them outside of just the fight.

But maybe that’s just a “Me” thing and I’m the only one excited to fight little Eyeball monsters.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 10:38 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I knew the moment I played Terraria and was able to have 99x torches but they never died without a light or I could just wall myself behind blocks and never worry about Starvation that those mechanics would have to be brought to Terraria for anyone who plays DS to feel at home in that game, so I’m really really glad those features got added to Terraria, on the DST side of things lots of cool skins and a creepy floating eyeball pet. I like the Eyeball pet.. Good-Bye Glom Glom. Hello Eyeball.

Yeah terraria is a lot more of a fighting, exploring, building game than a survival one like Don't Starve Together.

• Like 3

On 11/18/2021 at 6:11 PM, Terra B Welch said:

Heres how Relogic implemented my favorite fuzzball into Terraria!

GLOMMERBUDDYEEEEE.png.1d8b3c65ac9214c67832ce1c2ded4713.png

This makes me very happy!

Reveal hidden contents

He even does the cute lil bouncy bounce animation! Hehe!

Reveal hidden contents

The next spoiler spoils how to get him.

Reveal hidden contents

1% drop from derplings.

Must share this gif of glommer buddy doing the bouncy bounce in Terraria.

bouncybounce.gif.6f5378fcfeff23f8e206ea66ae3a0b42.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

in the same way you do muffings with carrots and insects

But since there is no wheat in the game, vegetables work as a dough substitute and butterflies have magical healing properties... I'm not going for real life logic here, I just think that a dish named after a specific animal should most likely be made out of that animal. Like you can't make buttermuffins without butterflies. But I'm still just nitpicking here.

23 hours ago, Mert_TR said:

So is Wortox beeing able to soulhop between dimensions and this whole crossover canon?

Still unsure about the crossover but Wortox's dimension hoping has been canon for a long while now.
A few of his quotes also talk about it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

Amazing work! Was a huge fan of terraria but extremely put off with their slow updates for consoles and all the cheaters. Think I’m gonna have to download it again and get my butt kicked lol

Unless I’m missing some vital information- Terraria only got the crossover update on PC, Xbox Version does not seem to have DST Content & according to the Internet- Re-logic has a really bad track record of releasing on PC first and then it taking months sometimes years for that same update to ever come to Console versions.

It is disappointing.. I literally only re-downloaded Terraria to check out the DST crossover stuff it would get.

At least console version of DST got the update <3 & now my favorite pet den critter is the friendly peeper.

I wish “Peepers” could be a mob in the game that don’t require a boss summon- maybe tie them to your first EoT kill before they can spawn.

Other then that- awesome update :) 

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Re-logic has a really bad track record of releasing on PC first and then it taking months sometimes years for that same update to ever come to Console versions.

because Re-logic only make Terraria for PC
Console and mobile port are made by other company (DR Studios) so I can't really blame Re-logic on that :v
pretty sure they didn't even plan or want to make those version but as the game grow in popularity, the fan keep demand for a port :v

• Like 1

How the **** do I summon the twins??? I've got the terrarium and put nm fuel in it,I put it on the ground at night and there's no button to interact with it like when summoning eye of Terror..

Getting rather frustrated, had to put it off several nights in a row due to deerclops showing up, finding the ideal spot for the fight, not wanting to start it unless I'm at the very start of night time etc.

Advice would he highly appreciated 

2 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Cool down? Can you expand on this please?

Is it not working because I fought eye of Terror recently?

Yes- it has a 15-20 day cool down (your character has an inspection quote talking about “where Tiny tree go? Florp.”)

When the Tiny Tree reappears it can be used again.

• Like 1