An Eye for An Eye - Crossover Event Available Now!

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Yes- it has a 15-20 day cool down (your character has an inspection quote talking about “where Tiny tree go? Florp.”)

When the Tiny Tree reappears it can be used again.

Thanks for the help, inspection quote for me as Wigfrid doesn't really indicate anything like that at all and I swear I can still see a smallish tree inside... I've wasted several pieces of nm fuel at this point too because if you shut down and restart the server the nm fuel corruption goes away.

Ok inspecting it without nm fuel in it now states, "the bifrost is sealed but for how long?" So it must be on cool down...

Also it does appear empty if I don't put nm fuel in it now, must've been the fuel making it look like there was still a mini tree.

It Better come off charge soon because I literally waited for winter to hit properly to have a long night for the fight.. I killed Eye of Terror in mid/late autumn so hopefully not too long to wait now..

Pretty lame that each seperate version of the boss doesn't have seperate cooldowns. Oh well guess I'll give it a go tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Thanks for the help, inspection quote for me as Wigfrid doesn't really indicate anything like that at all and I swear I can still see a smallish tree inside... I've wasted several pieces of nm fuel at this point too because if you shut down and restart the server the nm fuel corruption goes away.

seems like console still have that bug. It shoudlnt allow you to put NF while on cooldown but soon you will get the fix i guess

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 7:22 PM, G-Forces said:

That is an over generalization.

Is it? Ham bat is very cheap and has infinite uses and higher damage for 2 and a half days. Glass cutters are cheap once you start killing Celestial Champion, Dark Swords are not so hard to come by.

Getting the shield is also not something you can reasonably do early game when it could have some uses and by mid and late game there is no use. Maybe a fringe one for characters with no damage multipliers where they go shield magi and celestial crown for a bit more damage and being safe from getting one shoted.

There needs to be something special about it - either overfeeding it for extra damage, feeding it particular foods for more damage or other effects, bonus damage on living mobs or extra damage during the night (cause the eyes spawn at night only). Maybe there are other ideas or mechanics but as is it is useless and bland.

Edited by reallychina

20 minutes ago, maradyne said:

The art in this update is crispy and delicious.

In particular, trailer/title screen Wortox is terrific.

Think same! I hate crossovers because I think it harm the originality of game but Klei did their job perfect. I loved how cthulhu fitted the game!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Karitha said:

Think same! I hate crossovers because I think it harm the originality of game but Klei did their job perfect. I loved how cthulhu fitted the game!

I'm just sad Re-logic didn't do a trailer on their end showing what Wortox did there in the first place to bridge the other trailer. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1

Just now, SmallBirdHungry said:

Since I don't have enough spool to afford it, I need to turn to you guys with this question. The rod of discord reskins lazy explorer, but up to now I am pretty sure all skins for lazy explorer also had a walking cane variant. So does rod of discord skin have one for walking cane too?

It does not.

• Like 1

Just now, licet_insanire said:

I don't know if it has already been asked, if so sorry about this, but what does the eye of terror setting in the world settings (grouped together with the other boss settings) do? is there a cool down on how often it can be summoned?

i guess is to change the cool down of the terrarium so you can summon it more often or every more days

• Like 2

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/an-eye-for-an-eye-terraria-x-dont-starve-together-crossover-update-launches-today.109181/

Curious… 

Spoiler

1CD51B56-67BD-4683-A86A-CDF921BE58AE.thumb.png.f3bfcaf3056c26778770131ed29d20bb.png

Unfortunately the Console version of that update has no release date ETA so it’s PC only for Terrarians at the time of this post- BUT I do find the highlighted part on the Terraria forums to be- interesting to say the least, if this means what I HOPE it means..

for people who are not fans of terraria and don't like the idea of wearing a fanged eye that looks like it's going to chop your head at any moment, would it be possible to have a reskin of the eye mask that looks more like a helmet? I am strongly against wearing it for this very reason: role-play wise, it seems even less sane of a thing to do than jumping into a wormhole…
I do like the concept of a helmet that needs to be fed though, so that's why I'd like a skin for it

Edited by licet_insanire
  • Like 1