October QoL - Beta

15 minutes ago, 0bit said:

You can just not pause
I think pausing for stuff like going to the bathroom would be useful (a lot better than just hoping you dont die or going godmode)

Oh, I'm talking about auto-pausing like while looking at a map in a solo world. Can it be disabled? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phizzle said:

Oh, I'm talking about auto-pausing like while looking at a map in a solo world. Can it be disabled? 

I believe they said there was an option to turn off auto-pause in world settings

Edited by 0bit

5 minutes ago, 0bit said:

I believe they said there was an option to turn off auto-pause in world settings

Then I'm down for having more options and welcome this update! Off the top of my head, pausing will come in handy in my creative worlds and while implementing new strategies, for sure. So i can have that and still have the standard DST experience? :thumbs:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 0bit said:

I mean this wasn't meant to be released standalone, it was meant to be a thing alongside the Hallowed Nights update (well, it still will be). They just released it as a beta as a little surprise 

Better to upload new features as betas to clear out kinks before official release. Makes players who didn't join beta have less stuff to complain and the devs will be considered transparent with this move. :wilson_ecstatic: 

I see this as a good move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phizzle said:

This is what I would like to know as well: WHY Does the game pause when looking at my Mini-Map and checking my Inventory??!

Ark Survival Evolved, State of Decay and even MINECRAFT don’t do that… because it adds Realisim to the survival aspects, your not SUPPOSED to be able to manage your inventory or look at where your headed without some kind of constant threat involved- I get that that was the way Solo DS worked… I Do, BUT Solo DS is also a game from 2013 and is highly outdated by today’s standards in video games.

Klei I want a Pause Button that DOES NOT Also Pause while looking at my Mini-Map or managing my Inventory.

Because THOSE TWO THINGS SHOULD BE PART OF THE GAMEPLAY..

Juggling inventory (while things are still trying to Murder your face off) is a HUGE part of “Insert any survival game ever here.”

Please give me a Pause that doesn’t pause Mini-Map & Inventory.
Thank You.:wickerbottomthanks::wilson_love:

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 7:15 PM, HellHeater said:

The Bee Queen Crown can now be deconstructed.

Into what? 

Honeycombs i assume?

3 hours ago, Phizzle said:

Reveal hidden contents

Can world pausing be an option? Call me weird, but I like the constant threat of danger in my world. Forces me to think ahead with every action. 

I'm sort of with you on that. At least for the inventory / map pause. 

Being able to customize this would be nice.

I would prefer being able to Pause with the "Not Pause" menu ONLY and not when looking at map or inventory etc.

Cause yea i like the risk too when managing my inventory or looking at map. It's why i don't use "Auto Pause" option in Terraria aswell for that very reason.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

possible_bone-helm_decon.png.036a6039fe3256811279327e9dc7065d.png

possible_bone-armor_decon.png.9cbdd94c6a6e9607fbf27cc082daf38b.png

Wait a minute. I don't think this regeneration is working as well as it should.

The way item regenerate should not depend on them. If you don't have any fossils in your world, then you can't summon AF to regenerate them. Perhaps adding more non-renewable resources to the ocean's treasures would give people more reason to look for them.

The way item regenerate should not depend on them. If you don't have any fossils in your world, then you can't summon AF to regenerate them. Perhaps adding more non-renewable resources to the ocean's treasures would give people more reason to look for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 2

The QoL update is very interesting! I really like that we can finally get honeycombs a lot more than before.

By the way, the premier gardeneer hat now costs thulecite fragments.. Since there's several recipes requires fragments, it would be great if we can make 6 fragments using 1 thulecite by the pseudoscience station. It will be much more convenient than crafting thule walls, placing and destroying those.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

17 hours ago, AleksyPL said:

Spider queen crown too ( in late game you prob have tons of them) and the most ussles gem in lategame is orange so you can make something with that. 

What would the spider queen crown deconstruct into? Bee Queen Crown & AFW drops are commonly requested things to be able to deconstruct because honeycombs & fossil fragments are mostly & completely unrenewable.

Some better change suggestions for Pick/Axe in my opinion

* increase durability to a solid 1000

* make efficiency same as Glass Axe (x2.5 times)

* add same high durability for Thulecite Club as well, otherwise Dark Sword > Thulecite Club unless you don't have a cane

Some additions relating to the bee queen crown deconstruction

* make Bee Queen Crown repairable with bees wax or honey comb (+50% durability per for example)

* make it possible to deconstruct the Bone Helmet for fossil fragments and repair Bone helmet with fossil fragments too (an alternative renewable way to get more fossils would be good as well, even just them having a small chance to fall from earthquakes in ruins)

* hammer hound's teeth for bone shards

Edited by ZombieDupe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

I was really hoping for keyboard and mouse support on console. A lot of alternate kiting/teleporting items are almost completely useless without a mouse. Also, having to stop running to check your health/age has killed me more times than I'd like to admit.

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, ZombieDupe said:

Some better change suggestions for Pick/Axe in my opinion

* increase durability to a solid 1000

* make efficiency same as Glass Axe (x2.5 times)

It's too op. Hey, don't forget, that it's just a tool. And after few killing fuelweaver, you'll get tons of thulecite. Pick/axe is good in the beta, Klei shouldn't change it more.

• Like 3

One thing that's still on my mind from this QoL is that if you want to wax a ton of giant crops, the 4 extra honeycomb from bee queen hat is still not going to get you very far. It would be really helpful for building if wax could be applied to more than 1 giant crop. Eg, maybe wax gets a %, and waxing a group uses 25% of that wax. This means one kill of bee queen would allow waxing ~20 crops in total with the extra honeycomb from hammering. Big set pieces will have anywhere from 500-1000 giant crops, and being able to wax 20 from a single bee queen kill would make it feasible to actually farm the wax from bee queen rather than going to loot worlds. Another avenue to the same outcome would be making the wax recipe produce more than 1, and the recipe for wax paper could be updated to reflect that so that the buff happens for giant crops only without affecting wax paper.

1 hour ago, DajeKotlyar said:

It's too op. Hey, don't forget, that it's just a tool. And after few killing fuelweaver, you'll get tons of thulecite. Pick/axe is good in the beta, Klei shouldn't change it more.

I covered this in a post earlier in this thread, but the pick/axe is still useless after this update. Regular pickaxe nearly as good for mining and MUCH easier to get (don't need an APS, can craft on the go), and glass axe is far better than the Pick/Axe. It needs bigger changes to make it worth using and crafting.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

What would the spider queen crown deconstruct into? Bee Queen Crown & AFW drops are commonly requested things to be able to deconstruct because honeycombs & fossil fragments are mostly & completely unrenewable.

Maybe into something new :D

On 9/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, Frosty_Mentos said:

image.thumb.png.afe0e7b6bdb289db2ed498e4094a7c55.pngyou can now get 4 combs per crown and 4 bees, which means bees won't ever go extinct. besides that, you can just pick tumbleweed for bees if you like the long challenge but w/e

If only this was a thing BEFORE i farmed BQ for my collection of 120 waxed crops...

On 9/27/2021 at 12:31 PM, pepe61 said:

Can i make a suggestion?

since we are talking about bee queen's crown , wouldn't be nice if when using the crown the bees inside the  beebox don't get agro on us upon harvesting them ? just as spider queen hat makes spiders neutral to us

Or maybe making them neutral on spring ....

Keep up the good job klei , thanks for this QOL!

Harvesting honey isn't a problem and we have beekeeper hats already. But mainly, having bees as followers is Wormwood exclusive so i would be a bit bummed if EVERYONE had that ability by simply wearing a head item. It'd be like how Webber players felt pre refresh "Oh you know that thing that's unique to you Webby well we can all do it too just by wearing a goofy hat!" :( 

On 9/27/2021 at 6:58 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

Well it's on you for expecting something uncharactetistically big for a QoL update, they are meant to be small updates that tweak some game mechanics and items. March QoL, August QoL and May QoL that came before it in the last couple of years were not comparatively bigger than this, but thanks to their collective contributions the game is much better and smoother now with:

Quick drop feature, affordable marble suits, easily craftable rabbit earmuffs, seasonal starting items, chests and ice boxes that can be accessed by multiple players at the same time, affordable tail o 3 cats, seperate world generation and toggleable world settings, unique Wilson and Webber beards, repeatable actions holding mouse, the cookbook, affordable cat caps, favorite foods, compendium, boss statues that fon't require the boss loot, affordable insulated pack etc.

My favorite was the change to batbats and the increased drop rates for wings. Wormwood things.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:28 AM, AlternateMew said:

For those concerned with the auto-pause: image.thumb.png.512e3ebdf25fb405cd414d40e49c0d8c.png

This setting does not disable pausing via hotkey, but and keeps the rest of the game functioning as you know it now. So yes we can have our cake and eat it, too.

This is all I needed to know, many thanks to you friend for putting my worries to rest about this! :wilson_love:

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 11:59 PM, Kyno said:

Can we have some changes for the Houndius Shootius? Since the introduction of catapults it seems way easier to "mass produce" them rather than farming for the Shootius, and they have AoE, which Shootius doesn't. Also would be great if we can Move/Decon it, since it's pretty bad when you place them wrongly and can't do anything besides killing it or leaving it there. Anyway good update. :)

^this
tbh

• Like 2