October QoL - Beta

3 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

and geometric placement

...and snapping tills, and action queue and dusk & Night Music :wilson_vforvictory:

Wow the new cookbook recipe is quite weird. I get that the aim was to make it easy to craft and accessible to new players but was it really necessary to get rid of the papyrus requirement? Papyrus + Carrot was easy enough imo, this one doesn't make much sense to me. 20210927202450_1.thumb.jpg.af88a0250ff407bc3b257d0f12feb754.jpg

And in the end cookbook is still just an achievement log for your recipes, not really a good tool for teaching recipes and making more than one is redundent. Can my previous proposal to turn it to a usegul educational & trophy tool can be considered at this point?:

> Turning cookbook into a personal cookbook on the cartography desk, saving the recipes it had at the time of transformation and making it available to be read by other players. It wouldn't save the recipes on the cookbooks of the readers, it'd just allow them to see them. 
I always see players disappointed with the cookbook as they initially expect to find new recipes or read another person's recipes to get an idea. As it stands, cookbook isn't much of a help to players unfamiliar with all recipes as it's mostly a completionist's record. This'd add further value and recognition to players with filled cookbooks.

Personal Cookbook- "__Someone's__ Cookbook" (Like "Grim's Cookbook"; It'd have a different color and an icon, perhaps the crafting character's face)
Cook Book + 1 Feather Pencil + 2 Silk

Could be expanded to Gardeneer's field notes aswell to share one's plant registry record and challenge others in record produce weights:
Plant Journal- "Someone's Plant Journal" (i.e. "Lakhnish Monster's Plant Journal", could look like a green cookbook with a leaf icon in the middle)
Gardeneer hat + 1 Papyrus + 1 Feather Pencil

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Coolderclim said:

renewable bees :)

i see you like jazz as well

21 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

I did forgot to mention, that all keybinds have been reset due to the addition of the new Keybind, the main post has been edited to say this also.

good to know

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.e2deec6f9cb8cb01dbf8d8317ae5ff16.png
Pick/Axe damage increase from 30.6 to 42 basically:
Spear damage 34 vs p/a 42
p/a 42 vs morning star 43

someone mentioned it having instead of 400 to 800 durability, so that's pretty nutty if you ask me

image.thumb.png.7f43cee9aea62e8cfda58c11b8c33f51.png
pickaxe still costs the same 2 thule and 1 gold pick 1 gold axe each
Gardeneer hat became way cheaper

This is how chat and announcements look now.
image.thumb.png.c4fba0e9ea75b245a1b85b4aba893277.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

oooh pause yes yes !!

Will we be able to DISable auto-pause if playing alone on a locally hosted world?  While auto-pause is generally useful, it can be annoying when multitasking running 2 monitors as I often exploit that if I say - hold down space bar and click on another window - my character will continue acting with the space bar held down while I change music / read a message / etc.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

41 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Changed the ingredients for crafting the Cookbook and it no longer requires a Science Machine to prototype.

cookbook is fine before tho just need more purpose .. i think it would be awesome for newplayer to make cookbook if it show list of any possible recipe without telling any stat effect or ingredients ... only dish name and pic of it ... so new player can try out what is possible way to cook froggle bunwich ... butter muffin ... it would be more useful that what it is now 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, GNGR bred boi said:

geometric placement would be a great addition to the base game as well

The problem I see with geometric placement is that it's a complex mod with lots of configurations, it's not a simple singular action like dopping items in the space your standing, displaying all your emotes on a wheel or continously following a player of your choice

For example, I always use geo placement with the ctrl-on setting and would really dislike it if a grid was forced upon me whenever I'm placing anything. I'm not sure how comprehensively yhe devs can implement the mod to feel natural and still allow for effective configuration.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

cookbook is fine before tho just need more purpose .. i think it would be awesome for newplayer to make cookbook if it show list of any possible recipe without telling any stat effect or ingredients ... only dish name and pic of it ... so new player can try out what is possible way to cook froggle bunwich ... butter muffin ... it would be more useful that what it is now 

it already does that if you don't taste-test the food