What do you think the Wolfgang rework will do?

Give him a tragic backstory and I'll be happy. Neither me nor anyone from my friend group play as him so my standards for this rework are very low lol. Make me want to play him out of pity.

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Its a darned Shame Wigfrid continued to remain largely the same as she always played while every other character besides her got cool new exciting fun abilities, craftables, interactions with the world etc.

I think this was mainly because the community generally agreed that she was in a pretty good state before the rework. Only thing she was missing was a perk to benefit the team besides just providing weapon for the first couple days and some cool helmets. She filled her role nicely and it wasn't boring to play as her. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Wolfgang on the other hand is in too good of a state. I don't think many people on the forums can remember the last time they starved to death, and making Wolfgang go big mode on food alone is kinda broken, given his minimal downsides. He's good at what he does, but it's not very fun. Like I said though, I don't have too much of an investment in this rework, and I don't play him enough to know what he needs.

His original abilities were left intact, with a few fancy but useless new features that were so weak that no one used them compared to the simple and crude 2x damage. Rework has no effect change for gameplay except to make the characters more bloated. just like the other rework for big three, Wigfrid's pointless battle song.

If this is not part of the Wolfgang Rework I will start a small riot of poltergeists to go haunt Klei’s offices Sincerely #WendyMain.

0FFA467A-6CA6-49CD-AA98-ED2F28BF5240.thumb.jpeg.155937e7d1b2867e640f43a55e9726d9.jpeg

Wolfgang think This Tree Go Over Here Now.

(this is obviously a JOKE.. but you gotta admit being able to move things like Grass Tufts, Saplings etc by just ripping them out the ground with pure brute unnatural strength does sound like so much fun!)

I like some of the ideas from Toroic's mod.
- Being able to carry heavy objects with no speed penalty while mighty.
- Ignoring speed penalty from marble armor and piggyback while not wimpy.
- Rowing is stronger while mighty.
Removing the stun from changing phases would be great. 

The idea of throwing teammates seems really fun, but ofc both players should have to consent to do that.

I personally also dislike having to keep his hunger full to make sure the damage is x2 (seems especially pointless now that Wanda is here), I'd like if after the threshold to become mighty is surpassed his damage was consistently x2.

A form that surpasses the mighty form could be interesting but I imagine it would have to be expensive to maintain (uber hunger drain, more weapon/tool durability spent to actually give him a net loss on durability efficiency?).

I want to believe his rework is tied to the next qol update, which i hope is a sanity rework to give him a proper downside for his tremendous power or a huge overall world update which can be used to bring new mechanics to his strength trait, such as new items that need to be carried, because I personally don't believe just carrying marble pieces is enough to justify that perk, and i guess Wolfgang mains will be for sure angry if they nerf his damage just so he can lift some junk.

But being realistic, i truly believe Klei will be scared to change him at all, i mean he has a cult around his mightness, look at Wigfrid which had a big fanbase too, they only gave her some useless books, he will propably have the same treatment. Let just hope i'm wrong.

6 hours ago, Beeremy the III said:

dumb and stinky face

And instantly I decided this was a troll thread...  srsly whoever keeps spamming stupid !@#$ about "dumb" this and "stinky" that can just stfu already.

As for Wolfgang - I really like his power being tied to eating.  imo that is a great interaction that is very fitting for a strongman.  Usually I would say something about his damage being insane, but the last few reworks have shown Klei will tend to bring others up to Wolfgang's power level rather than push Wolfgang down, and I'm okay with that.  Klei has done a pretty good job so far, and I don't think they should waste any time nerfing Wolfgang.

His entire kit as it sits now could remain entirely unchanged and I think they'd still have room to add interesting things for him to on top of it.  Maybe spawn him with a handful of potato seeds?

Something we should all be taking into account is WANDA, Wanda when she is age 20-33 chops wood and mines rocks faster, 34+ she gets slow in her chopping and mining.

Wolfgang’s rework will probably also reflect upon this type of mechanic in some way.. Perhaps by being speedy and fast while in Skinny form, but a bit slower and Stronger while Mighty.. they may remove his frames of being attacked in between transformations so YOU have to Juggle between being Mighty and hitting like a truck, or being Puny but moving faster.

Kind of Ironic that a Circus strongman’s gameplay could “potentially” be balanced all around a Juggling act of being Skinny and Fast, or Slower but Stronger.

It just never made any sense at all for him to be able to hit stronger AND Move faster.. but who knows. We only have 2 months and a few days of waiting left to find out what they do.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Something we should all be taking into account is WANDA, Wanda when she is age 20-33 chops wood and mines rocks faster, 34+ she gets slow in her chopping and mining.

That's not a thing, the only thing that is affected is her hammering being weaker when 65+

49 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

That's not a thing, the only thing that is affected is her hammering being weaker when 65+

Are you absolutely sure? Because On Xbox series X it takes longer to chop a tree down when shes 30+ then it does at 28- and it’s a highly noticeable difference.

I hope they add something to make him more fun, without altering his general viability too much. He should remain the ultimate boss slayer, a simple character with depth to his gameplay. For example I think it would suit him to use the forge hammer smash style aoe, just fits his style, but it may be too strong idk. 

Imo he is in a great state, still top tier but not overpowered given recent additions and reworks. 

However no matter what they do with him people will hate on it, it's this culture around Wolfgang, you either think he's by far the best character or you think he's useless and you hate him and and all his adepts, like there is no in between. I'm sure Klei expect it too given than sentence referencing to the rework :D 

10 hours ago, xhyom said:

I want to believe his rework is tied to the next qol update, which i hope is a sanity rework to give him a proper downside for his tremendous power or a huge overall world update which can be used to bring new mechanics to his strength trait, such as new items that need to be carried, because I personally don't believe just carrying marble pieces is enough to justify that perk, and i guess Wolfgang mains will be for sure angry if they nerf his damage just so he can lift some junk.

But being realistic, i truly believe Klei will be scared to change him at all, i mean he has a cult around his mightness, look at Wigfrid which had a big fanbase too, they only gave her some useless books, he will propably have the same treatment. Let just hope i'm wrong.

If they give him a impactful downside I imagine people will start pointing fingers at Wendy and Webber tho personally I'm in the camp of giving him a more impactful one.

I think is going to be a safe rework like wigfrid's.

Nothing will change, they will add some extra perks and ppl will be dissapointed. Cuz I think a lot of wolfgang lovers expects him to be stronger now that Wanda is stronger in his normal base form using the clock thingy.

I just want to have him some good animation short with lore.

Perhaps the devs will give him some team oriented abilities, Wolfgang seems to love having companions and a team by his side. So why not expand on it since he's been with the rest of the survivors for quite some time now, and learn some new things. Like how Woodie learned to control his curse.a663463a162b67207e0b804979329b9a.png

I don't want to many changes to being mighty, just something a little bit more potent besides eating to reach that state. Also ofc the buffs to carrying statues and other certain similar things

What I really want is the change to his Phobias, because instead of being scared, he's one of the most capable for dealing with them. Adding something that made the player have a reason to reason to stay sane, whether it be those horrid fears, or some memories of war, anything to make him dealing with insanity difficult, because instead, he becomes bland.

6 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

Adding something that made the player have a reason to reason to stay sane,

I think sanity as a whole should get a rework . As of right now, you go insane, rabbits change and drop beard hair, and you get easy to kite nightmare monsters that come at you 2 at a time, maybe 3 if you're unlucky. I don't know how to change insanity in a satisfactory way, but I think it should be changed.

9 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

or some memories of war,

Wolfgang eats blue caps and gets PTSD

Archived