What do you think the Wolfgang rework will do?

On 9/21/2021 at 4:47 AM, prettynuggets said:

wolfgang will build his own gym . drink potion shake . can give potion shake to other people to get a bit mightier like him . 

imma looking forward to swollen muscle wendy army in pub server 

This the only rework we need

14 minutes ago, Simplyee said:

This the only rework we need

I have no idea why people are against adding actual weights to Wolfgangs rework, like the ones shown in that image earlier, if any of you have ever actually played Dead Rising (the original one before the entire series went to trash) picking up a weight and giving them to weak/injured or elderly female survivors you had to get to follow you through a zombie infested shopping mall was a very VALID and solid Tactic.

It’s not your own strength that deals the extra damage, it’s the literal “weight” of the weight as you swing it and whatever the weight happens to be made out of.. for WOLFGANG he doesn’t NEED it.. but- you can’t tell me Old Lady Wickerbottom couldn’t carry a one handed Weight as a Melee weapon to get extra damage then normal either.

This gives Wolfgang an actual TEAM Based use for his strength ability, even if he DOES have to be given a crafting tab.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have no idea why people are against adding actual weights to Wolfgangs rework

One of the points that the person was supporting was “Wolfgang will build his own gym” I hate to break it to you but I think people want to add actual weights to Wolfgang’s rework

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have no idea why people are against adding actual weights to Wolfgangs rework, like the ones shown in that image earlier, if any of you have ever actually played Dead Rising (the original one before the entire series went to trash) picking up a weight and giving them to weak/injured or elderly female survivors you had to get to follow you through a zombie infested shopping mall was a very VALID and solid Tactic.

It’s not your own strength that deals the extra damage, it’s the literal “weight” of the weight as you swing it and whatever the weight happens to be made out of.. for WOLFGANG he doesn’t NEED it.. but- you can’t tell me Old Lady Wickerbottom couldn’t carry a one handed Weight as a Melee weapon to get extra damage then normal either.

This gives Wolfgang an actual TEAM Based use for his strength ability, even if he DOES have to be given a crafting tab.

Just in my opinion, building a gim as wolfgang doesnt sound like the most DST thing to do, it just sounds out of place.

Doing that would be like building a stage as wigfrid, or a library a wickerbotton, or a factory as winona.

But maybe they do the wolfgang gim idea and it actually works, i dont know, i would like to get surprised.

(I know you didnt mentioned a gim but you get the idea)

22 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Just in my opinion, building a gim as wolfgang doesnt sound like the most DST thing to do, it just sounds out of place.

Doing that would be like building a stage as wigfrid, or a library a wickerbotton, or a factory as winona.

But maybe they do the wolfgang gim idea and it actually works, i dont know, i would like to get surprised.

(I know you didnt mentioned a gim but you get the idea)

I was thinking more along the lines of crafting something like Willows Lighter, that he can the give to other players to boost their melee damage.

64B13A35-50A5-4634-BD45-622FB7DBD795.png.9384a44bc1a46d871727a0bac5638cc8.png the one handed one seen here, Think of it like Walters Slingshot or Wanda’s Alarming clock except, unlike Wanda and Walters special weapons, other characters can USE this one.

Wolfgang can’t though- Wolfgang would say something along the lines of “I am Mighty! There is no one Mightier!” And then he would proceed to melee punch things with his bare fists instead of with the one handed weight.

Im not sure why people would suddenly think he will get a full Gym lol, just the one handed weight that can only benefit other players, and his own signature double weight (probably only used in his idle or used in actual gameplay to help maintain mighty mode beyond just stuff food in face.)

It’s really important to note that these things come in different weight sizes, E3531AA1-A9DC-4E2C-9BAF-1963BC762939.jpeg.3d5cfc63edf1eff40c7b716436101be0.jpeg

And the 5LB ones in particular arent much heavier then a bag of sugar. And in Dead Rising the video game: you could give these things to injured, elderly or young panicking teenage girls to really beat the heck out of some zombies with.

(they’re easy to pick up and hold but when SWUNG at something.. it’s gonna hurt a lot when it makes impact)

This is literally the ONLY way I can see Klei giving other characters Wolfgangs Damage buff and it make sense, because a “battle cry” isn’t going to suddenly make elderly wicker hit harder..

But a grandmother carrying a brick around in her purse to swing at potential muggers ;) 

Well you get the idea.

I like the concept of juggling something like lifting weights while in the middle of a boss fight in order to make yourself more powerful sounds fun. It’s got a nice risk reward element to it; the animation may take a while and if you get hit it gets reset, but if you time it correctly it can give really useful buffs mid-fight. I also really enjoy multi-tasking mid-fight, it’s why fuelweaver and toadstool are some of my favorite bosses, so I’d honestly be super excited if the Wolfgang rework had something like this

Of note is how different exercises build different muscles. Klei could easily use this to do the same sort of thing they’ve been doing with Wanda, Wendy, Webber, etc… and give Wolfgang multiple different “weights” or “exercises” that are useful in different situations, and make them all cost hunger or something similar.

For instance, he could have a huge barbell or dumbbell to boost his damage output, similar to how we’ve already seen. But he could *also* have a huge barbell that he lifts “with his legs” to boost his speed and ability to care heavy items. The “easier” workouts could even be given to other players to do. 

This might seem out of place for a strongman, because complicated workouts and routines isn’t something that comes to mind when you think of Wolfgang, but you have to remember that this was basically his job for a portion of his life, and anyone who wants to make money off this stuff probably has to learn these things.

If this was how the rework was done, it might be a little too obvious, but I would honestly love it. Adding more choices is a good idea, and honestly the reason why Wolfgang is so boring is probably because he has no choices in his gameplay. 

Compare and contrast Wanda, who requires constant choices, even during combat. The choice of purposely taking damage to become older and deal more damage or not take damage and try to stay younger for safety is a big one. More damage saved you materials, heavily incentivizing you to purposely lower your health despite the danger. 

Spending hunger, sanity, health, or whatever as a currency for different abilities would add this degree of choice Wolfgang needs a lot.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And the 5LB ones in particular arent much heavier then a bag of sugar. And in Dead Rising the video game: you could give these things to injured, elderly or young panicking teenage girls to really beat the heck out of some zombies with.

What?  A 5LB one weighs about as much as a 5LB bag of sugar? lol

I'm not sure why that game had these as a good weapon.  Its dead weight with no balance to give you control.  If you don't have the form / strength to shotput this thing its going to fall to the ground as soon as it leaves your hand, you need momentum to offset its weight or its not gonna do anything.  Swinging it to build momentum could injure yourself, and if you miss you'll be off balance basically giving up the fight.  A solid weight would be a horrible weapon for anyone without the strength and technique to use it.

Also unless the weapon is actually good it just won't get used.  Look at Wigfrid's battle spear, that doesn't last very long.  You spawn with 1 so I'm sure Wigfrid's will use it that much but once you craft a hambat I doubt you'll be going back lol.  Wigfrid's battle helms are actually better than football helmets, which is about the standard for early game, general purpose defense, so they get use.  Wanda's alarming clock has higher damage than any other weapon, with really good range, and a very efficient refueling mechanic.  Just how good is this weight drop going to be for players to actually use it?  Doubtful sry :\ 

On 9/21/2021 at 3:47 PM, prettynuggets said:

wolfgang will build his own gym . drink potion shake . can give potion shake to other people to get a bit mightier like him . 

imma looking forward to swollen muscle wendy army in pub server

what i said mostly as a joke . really guys.. 
imagine..

*paste image of wendy head with wolfgang figure here * XD

everybody that reacted to it probably think this funny not because its the only idea that they need :)
pls no hate 'em 

I believe that he will for sure gain the ability to move heavy objects with zero speed penalty. 

1) It's a popular request
2) It's a logical request
3) KLei good at hearing what folks want most

Just like Webber sleeping in Tier 3 Spider dens. Popular, logical, why the heck not. 

Of course I don't expect that to be the whole rework. I just expect that to be a feature of it. Lots of good suggestions here. My favorite ideas are the ones that involve making his phobias actually show. Do they even effect gameplay at all right now? 

6 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Do they even effect gameplay at all right now? 

Negative sanity auras are magnified, but if you factor in his 2x damage he still loses less sanity than other characters for the same fight, AND eating foods is an easy way to restore sanity and oh look he eats foods to maintain his 2x damage bonus...  lol  Same things with his health since he's eating anyway, free trades pretty much XD

Even though eating / sanity / health has super synergy I still think eating is a very thematic way to maintain his power spike since power lifters and body builders must eat throughout the day, nearly constantly.

They'd have to severely hit his sanity to make it impactful though... idk maybe he deals 50% damage to shadow monsters with zero bonus damage applied?  That way they are at least a hassle for him if two terror beaks butt in on his boss fight, and he'd be less efficient farming nm fuel? (not that there aren't character agnostic ways to farm that lol)

2 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

I believe that he will for sure gain the ability to move heavy objects with zero speed penalty

He should definitely get that for flavor, but we already have more easily tameable Beefalos, Walter and Woby who can already do exactly that, and more recently Wanda being the undoubted best at delivering heavy structures across the world.

All I'm saying is it would be sick if Wolfgang could not just more easily carry - say, statues - but also whack and yeet them at enemies lol

7 hours ago, Atkvin said:

He should definitely get that for flavor, but we already have more easily tameable Beefalos, Walter and Woby who can already do exactly that, and more recently Wanda being the undoubted best at delivering heavy structures across the world.

All I'm saying is it would be sick if Wolfgang could not just more easily carry - say, statues - but also whack and yeet them at enemies lol

Throwing them upwards & at an arch so they “Splat” small mobs would be fun- the animation for this is somewhat literally already in the game when meteors crash onto a spider or Antlion Sinkholes while your in caves cause Boulder collapsing, HALF the coding work (in theory at least) should already be done for it.

Plus: I really just want to be able to pick up marble statue pieces, giant crops, or those above mentioned Antlion Boulders and “Splat” hordes of spiders with them.

It also plays directly into his (currently 100% non-existent) phobias of “Fear of Monsters”.. he doesn’t want to just go fist punch a large spider nest, But splatting them from a distance? Wolfgang wants to get rid of the spooky spiders! 

Archived