Poll on if Wurt should be changed or not  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wurt be changed?

• No
    • Yes, give her a full rework.
    • Yes, give her a small change.
    • I have no opinion.

Shameless plug of my thoughts in suggestions:

Swimming wouldn't be a huge buff, but having made a swimming mod for her, and after having played with it for a fair bit, I don't think it would be out of place on her either. It makes figs much less of a hassle to harvest, and lets you take a quick dip from your boat to go grab a bottle, or pick a cluster of kelp. Plus I think it's in klei's best interest to make their woven characters have some exciting features, and swimming is pretty cool even if it's not entirely necessary.

She mostly just needs a bunch of small tweaks, which I tried to cover in my suggestions, some of them more flavour-orientied than others, but still something I'd like to see her have.

Not to mention the merms getting lost thing still being in the game is legitimately unacceptable, since it can make one of her main features totally useless. I paid for this character. I shouldn't have to be dealing with a bug that klei is entirely aware of, and yet has failed to fix for almost three years now. Really the only acceptable excuse at this point is that they are indeed planning on a proper tweak/rework to her mechanics, because if not it's a disgrace.

im glad so many people r in agreement about wurt i thought it was just me :lol: she has so much untapped potential, i hope they'll find the time some day to give her a refresh too. 

my top three major wurt wishes (beside bug fixes and general qol stuff)

1: more interesting merm king trades, special high tier rewards for the heaviest fish. 

2: merm tool use ability: warrior merms with spears and increased damage, craftsmerms with hoes and ability to till farmplots if possible. 

3: Wurt swimming :mrgreen: screw it i want this too now :lol:. add whatever restrictions necessary to make it just an exploration/kelp/bottles/driftwood gathering perk. 

honorable mention: more minor flavor stuff to make her feel like a merm. @Masked Koopa has shared a lot of interesting wurt ideas in the past like frog neutrality and no sanity drain from lichen which i really like. 

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

Or that Craftmerm houses don't spawn merms *at all?* in this season?

You can put their houses on fire to force their spawn and use anything cheap that can put out the fire to not lose the house. At least that used to work, don't know about it nowadays.

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

To make matters worse she freezes from it despite being clearly happy from being wet and other merms always being considered wet. To be fair just pointing out her quote inconsistencies will make your head spin.

Her entire design is a paradox considering she can't swim. Although I'm not sure if merms can canonically swim. But she's literally a fish.

Same with how Walter's entire design contradicts his actual performance.

My guess is Klei is actually ironically designing their characters for comedic purposes. (I'm just joking but it really seems like they are at this point; e.g. fish that can't swim, boy scout that sucks at survival, old lady who is actually the strongest physically)

I will ONLY agree to letting Wurt Swim if and ONLY IF Merms as a whole can now swim (meaning they won’t ever get stuck trying to follow you anymore, but also.. YOU Can’t run away from them as easily while playing as a Non-Wurt.) 

Good-Luck try not to die! :wilson_evil::wilson_love:

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

I Apologize if my words are harsh. But there are some things that must be said.

Wurt's Florpin' Trash.

Sure, she's a beast late game, but everything about her design just oooozes paltryness. Frankly, I'd consider her worse than Walter. Atleast he has some fun concepts beneath excessive layers of fluff.

Speed boost from swamp turf and can tell where tentacles are. Fine enough I suppose, Though it would be nice if that second thing worked a bit better in Winter.

Can build merm houses: "Oh boy, a summoner character who can build different structures for different minions? I can't wait to see how many options there are" -{People before Wurt launched, probably

Craft merm houses: These are just pigs. Pigs that arn't scared of the dark, sure. But just pigs none the less. Ah it's not too bad though, these are just the basic summons I'm sure teh rest of them are be-

Merm Florpifications: These are just pigs again. Stronger pigs sure, but fundementally they're just Vegan Pigs.The other summoner characters atleast have interesting dynamics with their minions. Abigail being a single summon with AOE damage, and pre-rework webber being able to ammass hordes of weak minions with minimul investment. But not Wurt. Unless you're looking to punch rocks, nearly any character can do what she does with either pigs or bunnymen.

And on top of that, Wurt doesn't evemn *need* her minions. The other summon characters have something their allies help them compensate for. Wendy has lower damage, which Abigail can fill in. And Webber's a monster, way more of the constant is after his silky beard. Wurt though? She hates pigs, sure. But that's about it really. she's just as effective at, say, fighting or harvesting as any other character. She doesn't need minions, especially when you have a King of the Merms alive givcing you some of the highest stats in the game. Oh yeah, that's my next point.

King of the merms sucks too.

A fat lard who takes a ton of resourcves to build, and then even more resources to upkeep. And for what? stronger pigs and a stat boost? There's basically no reason to keep this guy alive instead of just letitng him waste away until you need to fight something. Oh what's that? Trades. well, if you realy so desire, you could trade some fish for... Kelp, seeds, tentacle spots. And trinkets..That last one's pretty good, you can trade them to the OH WAIT. Wurt can't use trinkets, because her racism of pigs keeps her from trading with the Pig King. Admitedly a pretty good downside, but WHY does the Merm King give you items that are primarily used in a mechanic Wurt can't interect with? It's hopeless, I tell ya.

Veganism: Ok this... is actually pretty good. I like this. I don't like how Wurt gets bonus stats from foods she eats. That seems like it defeats the whole purpose. But I like it overall.

And then there are other things I could talk about. Like , did you know that Merm flortifications take 12x longer to spawn guards during winter? Or that Craftmerm houses don't spawn merms *at all?* in this season? Why? I dunno.

Oh, or how about how Merms don't tell you when they're getting hungry? For a pig knockoff, it's surprising how Klei forgot about some basic functionality from pigs. Y'know?

All 'n All. Wurt *is* Strong with the resources put in. Any character with an army is. But her direction and design are just so... Messy. Loose ends and threads that only exist for the sake of it. I'm sorry, but Wurt is just bad.

You read my mind. Are you a wizard? :spidercowers:

22 minutes ago, Souper said:

Her entire design is a paradox considering she can't swim. Although I'm not sure if merms can canonically swim. But she's literally a fish.

Same with how Walter's entire design contradicts his actual performance.

My guess is Klei is actually ironically designing their characters for comedic purposes. (I'm just joking but it really seems like they are at this point; e.g. fish that can't swim, boy scout that sucks at survival, old lady who is actually the strongest physically)

If character quotes are canon then yes she can "swim".

44 minutes ago, Ohan said:

im glad so many people r in agreement about wurt i thought it was just me :lol: she has so much untapped potential, i hope they'll find the time some day to give her a refresh too. 

my top three major wurt wishes (beside bug fixes and general qol stuff)

1: more interesting merm king trades, special high tier rewards for the heaviest fish. 

2: merm tool use ability: warrior merms with spears and increased damage, craftsmerms with hoes and ability to till farmplots if possible. 

3: Wurt swimming :mrgreen: screw it i want this too now :lol:. add whatever restrictions necessary to make it just an exploration/kelp/bottles/driftwood gathering perk. 

honorable mention: more minor flavor stuff to make her feel like a merm. @Masked Koopa has shared a lot of interesting wurt ideas in the past like frog neutrality and no sanity drain from lichen which i really like. 

As someone who hates the loot box nature of the merm king combined with the fact you need to bring him non stackable loot I'd prefer he just gave guarenteed spots and not making Wurt interact with the ocean anymore than she has to.

Rather than a stat boost, I'm of the opinion that creating a merm king should remove the loyalty timer from allied merms whenever you have less than 3 merms. So you will always have a few permanent companions, but not a massive forever-army the way Webber can.

I also like the idea of there being one more step to Wurt's story: it would be cool to give Wurt the ability to overthrow the pig king. Basically a boss battle where you lead your merm army in battle against the pig army. Vive la revolution!

Once you win the event, the merm king will relocate to the pig king's location and no longer require upkeep, as well as gaining the ability to trade trinkets for gold since he presumably now has access to the Pig King's wealth.

43 minutes ago, QuQuasar said:

Rather than a stat boost, I'm of the opinion that creating a merm king should remove the loyalty timer from allied merms whenever you have less than 3 merms. So you will always have a few permanent companions, but not a massive forever-army the way Webber can.

I also like the idea of there being one more step to Wurt's story: it would be cool to give Wurt the ability to overthrow the pig king. Basically a boss battle where you lead your merm army in battle against the pig army. Vive la revolution!

Once you win the event, the merm king will relocate to the pig king's location and no longer require upkeep, as well as gaining the ability to trade trinkets for gold since he presumably now has access to the Pig King's wealth.

werepigking

4 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

Я придерживаюсь мнения, что создание короля мемов должно убирать таймер лояльности с союзных русалов, если у вас меньше 3-х мермов, а не повышение характеристик. Так что у вас всегда будет несколько постоянных товарищей, но не огромная вечная армия, как Уэббер.

Мне также нравится идея сделать еще один шаг к истории Вурта: было бы здорово дать Вурту возможность свергнуть короля свиней . По сути, это битва с боссом, где вы ведете свою армию мехов в битве против армии свиней. Да здравствует революция!

Как только вы выиграете событие, король мехов переместится в локацию короля свиней и больше не будет нуждаться в содержании, а также получит возможность обменивать безделушки на золото, поскольку теперь у него, по-видимому, есть доступ к богатству Короля свиней.

This is brilliant,it would solve many problems and add a secret boss to the game.for example, to start an event, you need to bargain for a battle banner from the king of marms and place it in the village of pigs.

16 hours ago, Beeremy the III said:

I'd love if Wurt could swim in the ocean, at the cost of an extra hunger drain or some other downside, such as being slower the more you have in your inventory, or taking much longer to pick up things or pick bull kelp. Honestly, I just wish she had more things to eat in the ocean, such as leafy meat. WHY can she not eat LEAFY MEAT?

She can't eat leafy meat for the same reason wigfrid can. It's meat. You can't make veggie dishes with it but you can make meat dishes with it.

16 hours ago, Beeremy the III said:

The only food she can eat out there (again, why can she not eat leafy meat?) is kelp fronds.

Might as well get Wigfrid to do it, since she can catch fish, eat it, while collecting kelp fronds for Wurt.

There is 2 other things however small, the crappy popcorn fish and the corn fish. Although the corn fish doesn't work well for dishes, eating it alone for 25 Hunger boosts to 33. Also bring long lasting food like rock fruit or having a salt box goes a long way as well.

10 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

As yes, exactly what Wurt's kit has been missing.

Colonialism.

14 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

That would be amazing! Maybe the pig king would slowly amass an army and attack in 10 or 15 days, leading to a stalemate battle like in the grotto, and you could choose which race would win the war?

Maybe add something you can craft with both kelp and golden belts, to establish peace between the two races? 

After thinking about it, I would love to see Klei take Wurt in one of two directions if they ever want to refresh her in the future:

First direction: Focusing on the fact she a fish. Give her traits based on her character rather then an archetype (Like Walter, for example). Give her the ability to swim if only in short bursts (Drains hunger very fast or maybe give her a "Stamina" meter when swimming?) and other such random perks that fit her character more then a certain playstyle. Again, like Walter.

Second direction: Colony archetype. I'd love to see them just take the colony sim of Wurt and crank it up to eleven. Make it so Craftmerms and Merm Guards can no longer chop wood and mine rocks. Instead add Lumbermerm huts that spawn merms which chop and replant trees, Farmerms who harvest grass, twigs and maybe even tend to crops automatically. The return of Fishermerms from shipwrecked who would fish from lakes and maybe even the sea if they're nearby it. Give the Merm king some kind of "Influence" where you can only have these merms working if they're within a certain range of a happy and well-fed king, giving him more of a use then just the occasional seeds and kelp delivery. I wanna make a bustling Merm City with all sorts of jobs, making them stand out when compared to bunnymen and pigs.

Pretty bold I know, and a nightmare to balance but I'd love something like that.

8 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

As yes, exactly what Wurt's kit has been missing.

Colonialism.

Haha yes, but also probably the opposite?

These two vignette's imply that the Merms are the original natives of the DST Constant, and the Pigs arrived from somewhere else.

Spoiler

wiEgfmu.png

Ex7RiCx.png

There's still plenty of room for interpretation, of course, but I am more than happy to latch onto this convenient narrative that supports my preconcieved bias against pigkind in order to justify a bloody and violent war. PATRIOTISM.

1. one king for both cave and forest 
2. mermking need a feast table or "merm chef" that incharge of king meal.  so can feed him a stack of veggie instead feed him one by one like a baby. and no need to feed him too often since in summer ruin clearing with buff will be nice.
3. merm king loot from trinket should be something useful from swamp . ofc its should have been reeds or papyrus . extra tentacle loot is fine but not that useful . 
4. leavy meat should be vegan meat 
5.if there no king in winter even the merm hut not spawn merm . one of the houses should spawn to fill the spot for new heir. 
6. craftable pig head on stick 
7. merm is wet . they like being wet . why being wet as wurt make her easy target for zapped by lightning .. wanna be fully wet when rain but she froze and get toasted at the same time.

that what i remember so far .. 
:wickerbottomthanks:

Archived