Poll on if Wurt should be changed or not  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wurt be changed?

• No
    • Yes, give her a full rework.
    • Yes, give her a small change.
    • I have no opinion.

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

How does Wurt synergize with ocean content? She has the least reason to go to sea after you get kelp.

That was poorly phrased. I more so mean she's a pretty good sailing character. Which is ironic considering, yeah, she doesn't have much reason to visit the ocean. 

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

How so? Shes one of the weaker sailing characters to me imo.

Just the little things. Rotating temperature fish in a boat net makes summer & winter sailing nice—saves space on the boat. If you're sailing with a friend you can yeet yourself off the plank to try and 'snipe' shores for quick lil pitstops. Then have 'em drive by to pick you up.

Keeping her hunger up is negligible in general (land or sea) due to her +33%, and now we got figs too. As a result of her diet all fish gets to go straight to the Merm King.

Lots of little stuff like that. She doesn't make ocean combat easier or anything like Wendy, but she has her conveniences.

As a Wendy main I will be angry if Wurt gets the ability to swim but Woodie does not..

Yes I know Woodie makes quotes that he can’t swim, but you know what CAN Swim? Beavers.. Beavers can swim, and Woodie PROMISED HER he would let her ride on his shoulders..

If Wurt gets swimming & Woodie in Werebeaver from can never ferry people around on his shoulders… I will see this as biased and just plain injustice.

Please Klei- do not let Wurt swim unless you also plan to let Werebeaver.. 

Do it for Wendy’s Quote!

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

As a Wendy main I will be angry if Wurt gets the ability to swim but Woodie does not..

Yes I know Woodie makes quotes that he can’t swim, but you know what CAN Swim? Beavers.. Beavers can swim, and Woodie PROMISED HER he would let her ride on his shoulders..

If Wurt gets swimming & Woodie in Werebeaver from can never ferry people around on his shoulders… I will see this as biased and just plain injustice.

Please Klei- do not let Wurt swim unless you also plan to let Werebeaver.. 

Do it for Wendy’s Quote!

At least his Goose form can swim xD

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Rotating temperature fish in a boat net makes summer & winter sailing nice—saves space on the boat.

As a thermal fish enthusiast who has never played Wurt, that is not remotely unique to her. Thermal fish spoilage becomes largely negligible when you are constantly right next to the Tin Fishin' Bin, as you only need to grab the fish once in a while, warm up/cool down and put it back in.

Wurt's fish perk is much, much more apparent on land, where she can spend 3-5 days away from the Tin Fishin' Bin at once, whereas other character scan spend 1.6-2.6 days before having to swap (and that's if they are using an Insulated Pack).

Just now, ALCRD said:

At least his Goose form can swim xD

Err, no, it can't. It just runs on water, which proves the Weregoose is both fully human and fully goose.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Just the little things. Rotating temperature fish in a boat net makes summer & winter sailing nice—saves space on the boat. If you're sailing with a friend you can yeet yourself off the plank to try and 'snipe' shores for quick lil pitstops. Then have 'em drive by to pick you up.

Keeping her hunger up is negligible in general (land or sea) due to her +33%, and now we got figs too. As a result of her diet all fish gets to go straight to the Merm King.

Lots of little stuff like that. She doesn't make ocean combat easier or anything like Wendy, but she has her conveniences.

But if your sailing long term your next to a fire and fridge so the fish contribute nothing heck normal characters could use the fish too since the bin is attached to the boat.

The diving thing is mostly useless considering how much faster boats are now.

Kelp also works as a filler for meatballs and fish dishes which can boost hp and sanity as well.

Fishing for merm king is best done at a pond for efficiency.

5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

As a thermal fish enthusiast who has never played Wurt, that is not remotely unique to her. Thermal fish spoilage becomes largely negligible when you are constantly right next to the Tin Fishin' Bin, as you only need to grab the fish once in a while, warm up/cool down and put it back in.

Wurt's fish perk is much, much more apparent on land, where she can spend 3-5 days away from the Tin Fishin' Bin at once, whereas other character scan spend 1.6-2.6 days before having to swap (and that's if they are using an Insulated Pack).

I think the confusion here is I'm not talking about playing her on a boat 24/7. There's not nearly enough ocean content worth it to even want to do that.

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

But if your sailing long term your next to a fire and fridge so the fish contribute nothing heck normal characters could use the fish too since the bin is attached to the boat.

Well that was part of my point, you don't really need a fire on the boat if you're rotating fish, but yeah that's not unique to Wurt.

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The diving thing is mostly useless considering how much faster boats are now.

Well sure if the boat is going to go to the same place as the Wurt, but that's what I'm saying—You can split off and meet up along the way if you're playing with another person. It's not some huge meta-time saving strategy or anything, but it's fun.

6 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Fishing for merm king is best done at a pond for efficiency.

I mean, not visiting the ocean like ever is probably best for general gameplay efficiency but that's not really the point is it.

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I think the confusion here is I'm not talking about playing her on a boat 24/7. There's not nearly enough ocean content worth it to even want to do that.

... not really?

I was not making an argument for or against Wurt being great at ocean content. I was making the argument that her fish perk is negligible on a boat, precisely due to the player being glued to the Tin Fishin' Bin while sailing.

2 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

... not really?

I was not making an argument for or against Wurt being great at ocean content. I was making the argument that her fish perk is negligible on a boat, precisely due to the player being glued to the Tin Fishin' Bin while sailing.

Let me try and phrase it better.

Wurt's perk allows me to take longer visits to the mainland (in other words, away from my boat base).

That's what I mean when I say I'm not on a boat 24/7. I think a lot of replies I got were thinking under the premise of like, surviving solely on the ocean, never touching land, etc. Whereas sailing is something I integrate into my usual gameplay loop. If that makes sense?

Wurt's drowning perk great for people like me who can't drive a boat worth a damn and are split 50/50% on if they will be perfectly fine or launch it into a rock at 70 mph and shatter it. 

... of course theres boat patches, and yet. So in that sense shes a very 'safe' character for people who don't know the ocean's well.

38 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Let me try and phrase it better.

Wurt's perk allows me to take longer visits to the mainland (in other words, away from my boat base).

That's what I mean when I say I'm not on a boat 24/7. I think a lot of replies I got were thinking under the premise of like, surviving solely on the ocean, never touching land, etc. Whereas sailing is something I integrate into my usual gameplay loop. If that makes sense?

It's because your comment implied Wurt had some advantage over other survivors in ocean content rather than personal preference. Also I was more so assuming long term boat living rather than never touching land.

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Wurt is short, dumb, and stinky and I'm going to make a thread telling you guys why. 

Don't youuuuu dare!(please?)

Don’t think she has enough upsides to outweigh her downsides. I don’t mind her vegetarian diet but I hate that the majority of the meat she comes across goes to complete waste if you’re playing solo. Normally, I’d trade excess meat to Pig King if I was playing any other character, but Wurt can’t eat meat and can’t trade it for extra gold either. I hate the wastefulness of this character not to mention that it takes too long for my tastes to get her Merm army set up. Only good thing I can say is that she at least has some very nice looking skins but not enough to play her very much.

17 minutes ago, SnowfairyX said:

I don’t mind her vegetarian diet but I hate that the majority of the meat she comes across goes to complete waste if you’re playing solo.

Yeah i suffer from excess meat even when im playing wormwood.. :lol: but esp as wurt, and especially as wurt with a beefalo so i cant even use meat for hambats lol

Between hound attacks, dfly every 20 days, killing goats for horns, other giants, frog rain, killing bunnymen for pufts and pigs for pigskin u end up with SOOOO much meat.... 

Ive just resorted to eggyfying most of my meat (all if im playing as wurt) and letting it rot for gunpowder lol which i use to blow up toadstool :lol:

eggs can also be used as fillers in a lot of vegetarian dishes like df-pie and fistfull of jam. But thats less fun than blowing up stuff :mrgreen:

rotten eggs r also nice compost fertilizers but rot is already so common and abundant..

30 minutes ago, SnowfairyX said:

Don’t think she has enough upsides to outweigh her downsides. I don’t mind her vegetarian diet but I hate that the majority of the meat she comes across goes to complete waste if you’re playing solo. Normally, I’d trade excess meat to Pig King if I was playing any other character, but Wurt can’t eat meat and can’t trade it for extra gold either. I hate the wastefulness of this character not to mention that it takes too long for my tastes to get her Merm army set up. Only good thing I can say is that she at least has some very nice looking skins but not enough to play her very much.

turn them into eggs for filler

Merms really don't feel like a major part of her survival, they are just Pigs 2.0.

If she could get them to help with farming, or fishing, and had some sort of 'merm economy' that benefited her more greatly, then I dunno, that could be a fun and unique direction to take? Because right now she is really lacking.

Also Klei keeps denying that she used to be a goat, because they are trying to cover up the gorge, DONT BELIEVE THEIR LIES

On 9/25/2021 at 9:06 PM, Scrimbles said:

Merms really don't feel like a major part of her survival, they are just Pigs 2.0.

If she could get them to help with farming, or fishing, and had some sort of 'merm economy' that benefited her more greatly, then I dunno, that could be a fun and unique direction to take? Because right now she is really lacking.

Also Klei keeps denying that she used to be a goat, because they are trying to cover up the gorge, DONT BELIEVE THEIR LIES

However if the lore is to be believed Merms came before goats and if that's the case and if we look at Wurt's skin what if the truth is Merms were actually turned into goats dun dun dun!

Edit: Just thought about it this suddenly makes their story much more tragic imagine every few thousand years long after they've forgotten their origin and have become comfortable with their new forms their race is flipfloped and they are left to adapt again that's even crueler..

On 9/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, Scrimbles said:

wurt lore expert time:merms came from gorge around a billion fekin years ago letting them evolve into 3 types guard merms fisher merms and base type merms which gnaw can only produce one regular merms while wurt is a guard merm meaning there is no way for her to originate from gorge since she is a different species from the ones gnaws produce.

46 minutes ago, Dextops said:

wurt lore expert time:merms came from gorge around a billion fekin years ago letting them evolve into 3 types guard merms fisher merms and base type merms which gnaw can only produce one regular merms while wurt is a guard merm meaning there is no way for her to originate from gorge since she is a different species from the ones gnaws produce.

We have no proof that Merms in the normal constant weren't already there. Just as we have no proof that the gnaw can only turn people to Merms.

20 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

We have no proof that Merms in the normal constant weren't already there. Just as we have no proof that the gnaw can only turn people to Merms.

k so none of this counters my argument of wurt not ever being a goat and those are all what ifs 
what if gnaw can turn people into pigs
what if merms were already in the constant
what if gnaw is the father
these are claims all with no evidence to back it up but merms coming from gorge from pipton "Many of our sick disappeared into the sea. Odd, that." and seeing as the only animal we have seen gnaw turn creatures into is merms 

Archived