It's almost time for Wanda!

48 minutes ago, Justad00d said:

maybe he could have healing over time when in bloom

So... always?

49 minutes ago, Justad00d said:

idk if this is a good place for ideas

I can't see why a thread about Wanda would be a good place to bring up an unnecessary Wormwood refresh.

1 hour ago, Justad00d said:

he seems like the most sensible that should be able to take on the beequeen without needing tons of Winona catapults or houndius traps

You forget about walter. With wormwood is actually one of the easier fights because of perma bloom

Suggestions like this goes in the suggestion and feedback forum where devs can check them

48 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You can rollback it i think (idk if characters can be rollbacked) and buy hamlet for free wormwood so you can use the spools to unlock wanda

Rollback my precious Wormwood?! Blasphemy!

And buying Hamlet for Wormwood isn't exactly "free" or "efficient" way of doing it seeing the Wormwood's chest is much cheeper than Hamlet DLC. (On top of that i don't have Don't Starve)

What's done is done i was just silently hoping Wanda would get Walter treatment in terms of availability but eh i guess i can wait a bit longer ^^

7 hours ago, 0bit said:

I remember when Klei said they would reuse the gaining strength from low HP mechanic that ended up being removed from Wendy. Never did I think it would be in such a crazy way

Ohh, I love where this is going! Time-bending unique mechanics?? Yes, please!!!

If anyone played Red Alert 2 back in the days, Chrono Legionnaires come to mind (I simply love that game and its crazy take on units, like the Chrono Legionnaire). Instead of the standard RTS premise of shooting damaging projectiles they would lock units in place with a beam, before vanishing them after a certain time and erasing them from history; if the beam was broken before the unit vanished, the unit would be freed without having suffered any damage). The same went for their way of moving: instead of walking around they would teleport across the map instantly.... with the twist that with longer distance came a longer time before materializing in that spot (while being vulnerable and unable to move!) until becoming free to act again. Insanely badass and a truly unique unit.

Spoiler

PS.

Does this imply that clockworks are tied to shadow magic? Did Wanda figured out a way to connect them somehow? The line between magic and machinery is becoming even more blurred and intriguing!

PPS.

Klei, this is a golden opportunity to release a global pause feature. Arguably, that is long overdue / overtime, with all this chrono related news happening. :D

11 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Klei, this is a golden opportunity to release a global pause feature. Arguably, that is long overdue / overtime, with all this chrono related news happening. :D

Yea i bet it could be possible to do. Just need to be handled like in most multiplayer coop games. All players currently on the server need to have it active for it to take effect / will take effect always when playing alone.

13 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Does this imply that clockworks are tied to shadow magic?

Well, the ones in the ruins are literally overflowing with nightmare fuel. (And my personal theory is that the machinery is too broken down to function properly and they are mostly animated by the fuel itself, which could also explain why they drop fewer gears.)

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

Rollback my precious Wormwood?! Blasphemy!

And buying Hamlet for Wormwood isn't exactly "free" or "efficient" way of doing it seeing the Wormwood's chest is much cheeper than Hamlet DLC. (On top of that i don't have Don't Starve)

What's done is done i was just silently hoping Wanda would get Walter treatment in terms of availability but eh i guess i can wait a bit longer ^^

oh i see, i though wormwood cost like the other characters. Hamlet in sales cost me like 2€ and is damn fun

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

Wanda can craft pocket watches to:

• Restore her youth

I sure wanna see  other characters  In their youth form.   Will this ability ever get applied to other characters? 

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

Return fallen survivors to their point in time before death

Will this have any effect on Abigail? Or "Sorry dear,  I'm not able to restore such a long time.  You see, your earliest save was only from five days ago"

9 hours ago, 0bit said:

I remember when Klei said they would reuse the gaining strength from low HP mechanic that ended up being removed from Wendy. Never did I think it would be in such a crazy way

yee, i think this is the glass canon character. Assuming that she does not take damage from hits and her age meter just go down passively it means that in the fight she has to keep and eye out on her age meter. When it's low she gets more powerful but she has to choose: utilize the gained strenght or use the clock to bring her back to youth and not die of old age

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have a million and one questions concerning this new character- JoeW says she can rewind time to the point BEFORE someone died, that’s interesting.. I guess: But it raises a million questions.

the first of which is this sounds like a personal Rollback function- except instead of everyone in the entire server- it only rolls back dead players.

GREAT! But…. Can Wanda do this from anywhere on the map or does she have to be close to the dead players to do it? AND if she has to be close to them… HOW is this any better then just crafting a Telltale heart to revive people with? Like I mean- Wouldn’t it just be cheaper to craft a few telltale hearts instead of gathering whatever special resources her clocks may or may not require??

And Assuming she CAN rewind their deaths from anywhere… Then there’s also other factors involved- If for example a player is out on a boat adventure and they smash their boat into a stack of rocks or get devoured by cookie cutters & their boat sinks… Does it JUST Rewind the character to before they died? Meaning the boat they destroyed does NOT rollback with them & they then hilariously drown because you rolled them back… but not the boat they were sailing on.

Unless I Miss read the original post: this character sounds highly HIGHLY complex, and when she releases I FULLY expect the game to break in a billion ways Klei never factored in during her creation.

I think it may work like that: Player gets clock item from Wanda. Player uses the clock to "record" their current state (health and/or hunger and/or sanity). After some time or when player "dies" they dont actually die, they are instead brought back to the "recorded" state (and not necessarily their psychical location)

7 hours ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

how so?

We don't know much of anything yet.

Time travelling as an ability is often poorly written.

I dont doubt that klei can make an interesting character, but by what feeling I got from

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

Wanda's timeline is broken, causing her to age faster than the other survivors

doesn't feel right.

Honestly wouldn't be too surprised if she has connections to Maxwell in some way and she was the source of inspiration for him to make the clockworks. 
I mean, much like Wanda's things that seem to have nightmare fuel involved, the ruined clockworks down at the ruins also ooze nightmare fuel, makes sense to me.

Archived