It's almost time for Wanda!

9 hours ago, Mantispidae said:

I think the implication is that the Constant doesn't operate on full stasis, time does pass, just very weirdly. Perhaps very slowly for living creatures on it even though the days themselves pass fairly consistant. In Wanda's case something is just went WRONG so now she's not getting same time-treatment as the others. My guess is that she's basically on fastforward instead.

Something else to consider is that potentially, given how DS use to work with you forgetting all your skills and starting from scratch on death, that death in the Constant effectively reset you to the point you entered it, which would further complicate aging because any years you did pass would go away. Hard to really call her lorebreaking when well, time was already arguably weird. 

Hey that makes a lotta sense, thank you!

And you are right, after all, tallbirds, trees and other entities does "age" in the game... hmm

10 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Hey, what if Wanda can reverse Abigail's death???

I know it's not necessarily proven whether or not she died by falling off the cliff, but I'd like to imagine that Wanda uses the watch on her, which reverts Abigail to her being alive, slightly off the edge of the cliff so she just dies again.

Is that cruel?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I know it's not necessarily proven whether or not she died by falling off the cliff, but I'd like to imagine that Wanda uses the watch on her, which reverts Abigail to her being alive, slightly off the edge of the cliff so she just dies again.

Is that cruel?

No, just reverse it to where Wendy and Abby were playing before she fell off the cliff just so Wendy can save her.

5 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Is that cruel?

Abi died in a traffic accident

Just now, QuartzBeam said:

Yes, a truck crashed through her house at the top of a cliff in the countryside and threw her into the waters below.

Idk if was a truck or a ford focus but when abi falls in wendy imagination you can clearly hear a car trying to stop.

Narrative resources is called, smart guy

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Idk if was a truck or a ford focus but when abi falls in wendy imagination you can clearly hear a car trying to stop.

No, you cannot "clearly" hear a car trying to stop. What you hear is a slow motion scream.

And I cannot believe people still hold onto that nonsensical theory. 

The entire short is Wendy reliving the moments leading up to her sister's death and substituting a happier ending. And it practically beats you over the head with how deadly a fall from these cliffs would be, before showing you Abigail fall from these cliffs. And the bushes she lands onto were clearly not there at the start of the short either.

It would be pretty easy, at that point, to put 2 and 2 together and make 4. But apparently screams sound weird if you slow them down, so, hey, maybe 2+2 is actually 9!

13 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

No, you cannot "clearly" hear a car trying to stop. What you hear is a slow motion scream.

And I cannot believe people still hold onto that nonsensical theory. 

The entire short is Wendy reliving the moments leading up to her sister's death and substituting a happier ending. And it practically beats you over the head with how deadly a fall from these cliffs would be, before showing you Abigail fall from these cliffs. And the bushes she lands onto were clearly not there at the start of the short either.

It would be pretty easy, at that point, to put 2 and 2 together and make 4. But apparently screams sound weird if you slow them down, so, hey, maybe 2+2 is actually 9!

Sure, is a non sense

For me sounds clearly like a wheels suddenly stopping but maybe im bat at maths

Edit. I just watched it again and idk how can you come talking like a smart ass wyen there is no screem at all, is a damn car.

Also is so dumb to make a short without any voice sound but adding a scream breaking it.

The shirt just shows how happy was wendy when abi eas alive (shown to the viewer with the colourful tones) and that she can reach that moments with her imagination but when she realices is just fantasy the depression comes back (gray colours or did you take the colour variaton as something literal too?)

Abi failing justs shows the trauma of wendy when abi passes away and, at the same time, tells us a hind of how it was without being explicit with how, when, where or what

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Sure, is a non sense

For me sounds clearly like a wheels suddenly stopping but maybe im bat at maths

And that one sound is more trustworthy than the entire animated short? Do you seriously think that Klei made a whole animation showing Abigail dying by falling off a cliff that has nothing but sea and rocks below it because they secretly wanted to tell you that she actually died in a completely different place in a completely different manner?

This would be like if Webber's short showed him venturing into the forest near his house and accidentally awakening a nest of spiders, who then proceed to chase him through the woods until one of them corners him. The spider looms over the child and opens its mouth wider than the child is tall, rows of sharp teeth gleaming ominously... and as it lunges forward, the screen fades to black and you hear a sound that might or might not be some sort of mechanical spinning. Would you take that as evidence that the boy actually survived that encounter and was then swallowed by a spider that he found next to the alchemy engine in his father's study?

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

And that one sound is more trustworthy than the entire animated short? Do you seriously think that Klei made a whole animation showing Abigail dying by falling off a cliff that has nothing but sea and rocks below it because they secretly wanted to tell you that she actually died in a completely different place in a completely different manner?

This would be like if Webber's short showed him venturing into the forest near his house and accidentally awakening a nest of spiders, who then proceed to chase him through the woods until one of them corners him. The spider looms over the child and opens its mouth wider than the child is tall, rows of sharp teeth gleaming ominously... and as it lunges forward, the screen fades to black and you hear a sound that might or might not be some sort of mechanical spinning. Would you take that as evidence that the boy actually survived that encounter and was then swallowed by a spider that he found next to the alchemy engine in his father's study?

Read my edit

Seems like you dont know what a figure of speech is

Rewatch it and tell me that sounds is made by a human lol

Abi didnt died falling. But if you want to believe it and talk to others like you have 3k IQ i dont care, if it makes you "happy"

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Read my edit

Seems like you dont know what a figure of speech is

Rewatch it and tell me that sounds is made by a human lol

Abi didnt died falling. But if you want to believe it and talk to others like you have 3k IQ i dont care, if it makes you "happy"

817_500.jpg

Have a nice day.

14 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Well, technically, none of the character voices are made by a human. DS characters are voiced by musical instruments.

Would be hilarious if abigails voice is play with a car doing drifts

41 minutes ago, skile said:

to be fair, it's a universe where voices are musical insruments and... whatever Wurt's voice is. 

Well, but isnt a human voice neither an instrument. Is clearly a car

Now that I re-read it... I think is pretty clear indeed

• Wanda can craft pocket watches to:
    • Restore her youth
    • Manipulate her space in time
    • Return fallen survivors to their point in time before death
    • Rip holes through space and time
    • Harness shadow magic to defend herself

She will have to craft the pocket wkatches to use the ability to revive someone. I guess that means what someone said before: maybe you will have to make a "save" in the watch at some point before, to be able to use it later? now that I think of it... that sounds a lot like a meat efigy! It can be something like that, but mobile.

• Rip holes through space and time

I am confident that this should mean some sort of wormhole. I don't know if it would be permanent though, it can be also one time use. Also, it sounds like you also would need to save a location previously to be able to come back to it later. Because... pocket watch, again.

• Manipulate her space in time

This I don't know what means, but sound a lot like wortox space jumping? (short distance teleportation maybe?)

And the youth thing, I can't imagine yet how this age metter will play... There is a few options among the already discussed ones, all possible and valid, so I guess I will just wait and see how that works ingame first. But whatever the mechanich is, the pocket watch will be able to restore her youth. And with that, gain strenght but lose the ability to utilize shadow magic more effectively. 

One more thing... why is everybody saying that she will be more strong when older?? it says clrearly the opposite: 

• In Wanda's old age, she learns how to utilize shadow magic more effectively, and relies on it to make up for her declining strength

Just my 2 cents! :wilson_blush:

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Would be hilarious if abigails voice is play with a car doing drifts

Well, but isnt a human voice neither an instrument. Is clearly a car

Honestly, i know i'm more than likely throwing more fuel to the fire but, ah well.

In all honestly I do not view it as being as a car, look at it like this:
Wendy and Abigail are twins, their voices are also, possibly, similar but not the same, and it's obvious that in the animation short Abigail is clearly much more upbeat than Wendy, meaning her voice is higher and therefore more cheerful than Wendy's, now imagine that, but you slow it down for a dramatic slowed down instrumental scream, and boom you've got Abigail falling off a cliff screaming, which Abigail also has her mouth open fully when the noise begins.

11 minutes ago, Drieuq said:

Honestly, i know i'm more than likely throwing more fuel to the fire but, ah well.

In all honestly I do not view it as being as a car, look at it like this:
Wendy and Abigail are twins, their voices are also, possibly, similar but not the same, and it's obvious that in the animation short Abigail is clearly much more upbeat than Wendy, meaning her voice is higher and therefore more cheerful than Wendy's, now imagine that, but you slow it down for a dramatic slowed down instrumental scream, and boom you've got Abigail falling off a cliff screaming, which Abigail also has her mouth open fully when the noise begins.

0:44

vs

klei just tell us how they started to use the flower (the symbol of the sisters) and how she died without the need of showing both things

Archived