It's almost time for Wanda!

3 hours ago, Parusoid said:

I think it may work like that: Player gets clock item from Wanda. Player uses the clock to "record" their current state (health and/or hunger and/or sanity). After some time or when player "dies" they dont actually die, they are instead brought back to the "recorded" state (and not necessarily their psychical location)

So not Chronos, but instead Kehpri From smite?? (For anyone who does not play smite let me explain-) 

Kehpri uses an ability casting it over another player, and when that player dies- they are teleported back to Kehpri’s location like nothing ever happened to them.

Now this WORKS in Smite because it has a Cooldown timer before it can be used again- but I can see it becoming problematic in DST if Wanda can use it infinitely or craft X amount of clocks to revive players, This would mean Wanda could effectively stand at a safe distance away from a boss while the other players go blindly attack them repeatedly dying over and over again returning to her until it is Dead without a Cooldown Timer like SMITE people can just endlessly abuse using it until any challenge in the game is dead..

Much in the same way Abigail used to require 2-3 Days to fully bloom again before she could be used, but now you can just summon her infinitely until whatever you want dead, dies.

PERSONALLY I enjoyed it more when you had a Cooldown period WITHOUT Abigail should you have been so careless enough to let her get killed.. I actually LIKED the additional challenge of having to recover Abigails flower from the location Abigail died at or be forced to craft a new flower- Now that the flower no longer has to leave Wendy’s inventory, and you can just Summon Abigail Infinitely I am worried that WANDA’S “Save me from Death” Ability will function in the same way…

And like I said it WORKS in Smite because it had a Cooldown period.. but being able to spam it endlessly? I can see the game losing any and all challenge involved..

I PRAY I’m wrong about this, but for a character so based on Time.. she of ALL Characters should know what a Cooldown meter is.

all I know is that I might actually join random servers when she releases AND I’ll use a headset playing as her while blaring this Music through the Speaker:

Spoiler

because Yeah…

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Time travelling as an ability is often poorly written.

I dont doubt that klei can make an interesting character, but by what feeling I got from

doesn't feel right.

Lets wait and see before thinking the worst :/

The gameplay might be interesting

Damn, didn't expect a character with super weird mechanics like these, she almost sounds like a modded character! 

I like when Klei tries new things, and I definitely love characters with new metters, or resource guages.

I am definitely checking out that preview for Klei ambassadors! 

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have a million and one questions concerning this new character- JoeW says she can rewind time to the point BEFORE someone died, that’s interesting.. I guess: But it raises a million questions.

the first of which is this sounds like a personal Rollback function- except instead of everyone in the entire server- it only rolls back dead players.

GREAT! But…. Can Wanda do this from anywhere on the map or does she have to be close to the dead players to do it? AND if she has to be close to them… HOW is this any better then just crafting a Telltale heart to revive people with? Like I mean- Wouldn’t it just be cheaper to craft a few telltale hearts instead of gathering whatever special resources her clocks may or may not require??

And Assuming she CAN rewind their deaths from anywhere… Then there’s also other factors involved- If for example a player is out on a boat adventure and they smash their boat into a stack of rocks or get devoured by cookie cutters & their boat sinks… Does it JUST Rewind the character to before they died? Meaning the boat they destroyed does NOT rollback with them & they then hilariously drown because you rolled them back… but not the boat they were sailing on.

Unless I Miss read the original post: this character sounds highly HIGHLY complex, and when she releases I FULLY expect the game to break in a billion ways Klei never factored in during her creation.

I'm putting my money on a halfway mechanic. Dead player will have to come to her as a ghost, but will then be teleported back to their body. It is the only option that sound unique for me while still maintaining obvious advantages and disadvantagens, making it situational (you wont always want to go back to your body).

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Time travelling as an ability is often poorly written.

I dont doubt that klei can make an interesting character, but by what feeling I got from

doesn't feel right.

Yeah! That surprised me too because... aging? when does anybody aged in this game before? I mean... how can she ages "faster" than someone who doesn't age at all

Edit: that from a lore point. But out of that, I LOVE this new character idea and can't wait to try it!

16 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

Pretty sure this is the last one they're gonna add for a while.  At least until they finish reworks

Yea if you look at the char select i think we only have room for 2 more after Wanda. That is if they want the select screen to be even ending with random choice

16 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Reveal hidden contents

Polish_20210902_181511383.jpg.328d50fa6b31cd866df6426805c99c4a.jpg

I hope that she just turns to ash on death instead of leaving behind a skeleton. Or maybe a unique skeleton texture like dying to petrification or curse from Dark Souls

12 minutes ago, YiinHikari said:

Yeah! That surprised me too because... aging? when does anybody aged in this game before? I mean... how can she ages "faster" than someone who doesn't age at all

I think the implication is that the Constant doesn't operate on full stasis, time does pass, just very weirdly. Perhaps very slowly for living creatures on it even though the days themselves pass fairly consistant. In Wanda's case something is just went WRONG so now she's not getting same time-treatment as the others. My guess is that she's basically on fastforward instead.

Something else to consider is that potentially, given how DS use to work with you forgetting all your skills and starting from scratch on death, that death in the Constant effectively reset you to the point you entered it, which would further complicate aging because any years you did pass would go away. Hard to really call her lorebreaking when well, time was already arguably weird. 

10 hours ago, Justad00d said:

On the subject of potential character refreshes (idk if this is a good place for ideas), I was wondering if it would be possible to bring those plant creatures wormwood spawns in the forge into the game as a wormwood replantable thing. I would imagine having them as little Venus flytraps that take a couple seconds to eat butterflies, bees, or grumble bees, they could make wormwood a counter to bee queen, who so far is only really less annoying against a ton of set up, or characters with partners to do the heavy lifting, like Wendy or webber. I just thought it would make sense for wormwood to be the best against beequeen seeing as he's plant based, and it would be the most balanced character to have a counter for her since he's the survivor least likely to benefit from her bundling wrap recipe. But that Venus flytrap suggestion is just one idea on how he could be made to be a good counter for her. Venus flytrap could also be a neat weed idea, that could cause you to need to be more careful about leaving the friendly fruit fly around crops planted from seeds you haven't monitored.

Other ideas that could help wormwood though; maybe he could have innate bee resistance, or maybe he could have healing over time when in bloom, or make him immune to the honey slow when in bloom, or able to craft something that does that for him, etc. I don't even play wormwood much myself, but out of all the survivors, he seems like the most sensible that should be able to take on the beequeen without needing tons of Winona catapults or houndius traps

As a solo Wormwood i fight BQ the same way as you would with WX78. Just play slow and kite and use his speedboost to your advantage combined with roads and cane or magi. I don't think he needs any more work and Wendy/Winona can destroy BQ like you said so that role is filled.

12 hours ago, Justad00d said:

On the subject of potential character refreshes (idk if this is a good place for ideas), I was wondering if it would be possible to bring those plant creatures wormwood spawns in the forge into the game as a wormwood replantable thing. I would imagine having them as little Venus flytraps that take a couple seconds to eat butterflies, bees, or grumble bees, they could make wormwood a counter to bee queen, who so far is only really less annoying against a ton of set up, or characters with partners to do the heavy lifting, like Wendy or webber. I just thought it would make sense for wormwood to be the best against beequeen seeing as he's plant based, and it would be the most balanced character to have a counter for her since he's the survivor least likely to benefit from her bundling wrap recipe. But that Venus flytrap suggestion is just one idea on how he could be made to be a good counter for her. Venus flytrap could also be a neat weed idea, that could cause you to need to be more careful about leaving the friendly fruit fly around crops planted from seeds you haven't monitored.

Other ideas that could help wormwood though; maybe he could have innate bee resistance, or maybe he could have healing over time when in bloom, or make him immune to the honey slow when in bloom, or able to craft something that does that for him, etc. I don't even play wormwood much myself, but out of all the survivors, he seems like the most sensible that should be able to take on the beequeen without needing tons of Winona catapults or houndius traps

that is a modded forge thing, since wormwood never really got a canon perk because forge happened before wormwood was in the game

KLEI you had better pay Homage to my childhood with this character… kids (& probably some adults alike…) will have absolutely NO IDEA What this saying means.. but when it comes to WANDA I’ll be disappointed if you missed this golden opportunity for a Joke:

Be Kind Please Rewind.

5 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

what

I can only hope this is a joke.. but: Once upon a time ago (before the world went to to using CDs, Discs and being Digital) movies were watched like THIS.. on a VHS Tape: That after Watching.. had to be rewinded back to the start again before being able to be watched again.. 

61DA444C-41C5-449E-BB8A-D7A88898CBBB.jpeg.bcd6cff11115e244797324550e0ec483.jpeg

Welcome to my world ladies and gentlemen. :lol:

I'm exited but also worried, this seems easy to mess up. I'm sure Klei will handle this well and listen to feedback. My main question is "Is the age bar affected by damage?" because I think a character that doesn't get hurt(Punished for taking damage) will be game breaking. 

TLDR: Seems easy to mess up, hope age bar is damage bar and then all the new stuff. Although if anyone can make this work it's Klei :) 

Have a nice day!

51 minutes ago, NoNohnNo said:

I'm exited but also worried, this seems easy to mess up. I'm sure Klei will handle this well and listen to feedback. My main question is "Is the age bar affected by damage?" because I think a character that doesn't get hurt(Punished for taking damage) will be game breaking. 

TLDR: Seems easy to mess up, hope age bar is damage bar and then all the new stuff. Although if anyone can make this work it's Klei :)

Have a nice day!

I think age bar is health. When a health bar reaches 0 from taking dmg the player dies and becomes a skele. When Wanda's age bar fills up from taking dmg she dies (of old age) and becomes a skele. I'm thinking of it like how Wolfgang's hunger changes his form Wanda will be young middle-aged or old depending on her "health" percentage and how each form will have it's own upsides and downsides. Oddly enough she seems like a mix of the last 4 characters to be refreshed (Sorry not counting Wilson) Her age gives Wicker vibes, changing forms based on a stat percentage is like Wolf, shadow manipulation / clockworking screams Maxwell and Wx78. I can see why they wanted to release her before they reworked the others.

• Rip holes through space and time

Sounds like a craftable wormhole/portal, if it is this sounds so nice to use. 
Also the character concept is incredibly original. Klei seems to have outdone themselves again!

My only worry is that she will "overshadow" maxwell with her use of shadow magics. 

Just now, Sir Pemberton said:

Sounds like a craftable wormhole/portal, if it is this sounds so nice to use. 
Also the character concept is incredibly original. Klei seems to have outdone themselves again!

My only worry is that she will "overshadow" maxwell with her use of shadow magics. 

Finally a way for solo players to teleport in the caves? Hype!

1 hour ago, LowlySkeleton said:

I think age bar is health. When a health bar reaches 0 from taking dmg the player dies and becomes a skele. When Wanda's age bar fills up from taking dmg she dies (of old age) and becomes a skele. I'm thinking of it like how Wolfgang's hunger changes his form Wanda will be young middle-aged or old depending on her "health" percentage and how each form will have it's own upsides and downsides. Oddly enough she seems like a mix of the last 4 characters to be refreshed (Sorry not counting Wilson) Her age gives Wicker vibes, changing forms based on a stat percentage is like Wolf, shadow manipulation / clockworking screams Maxwell and Wx78. I can see why they wanted to release her before they reworked the others.

Do you think when you get hit as Wanda you get older? Or pierogi makes you younger? I personally am on the fence, and you seem interested as well, I'd like a second opinion.

Archived