It's almost time for Wanda!

51 minutes ago, echotheelf said:

Does that mean that when attacked, she doesn't take damage but ages instead? Would armor such as log suits dampen this?

Most likely, yes. Any character that has no way to wear protective gear would be very broken, in a bad way. Unless they have specific perks to protect their health. 

Given that her health is constantly ticking down I wonder what else can mitigate that besides her clocks. I imagine she will be unique in that both food and other reliable healing methods will not work (tent, salves, poultice, bat bat). I hope she's not extremely reliant on gears. I also hope the devs gave us multiple ways in which we can be creative when it comes to healing her and doesn't feel too restrictive/cumbersome, like Wormwood. 

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

We don't need a WX the sequel. 5863ae3b1cee9_arielcringe.png.c475a365f5ad67142158dde3d2042a15.png

Okay I know this is a little off topic, but think that as a part of the WX rework, they could add a new exclusive craft called "psudo-gears" made of cut stone or something. You wouldn't be able to actually consume and upgrade with them, but they could still be used to craft any items requiring gears, allowing a WX to eat all of the actual gears without depriving the rest of the server of ice boxes and flingos. I think it could also work for Wanda if she really was also very gear reliant.

The obvious answer to this so called “gears” dilemma? Klei will add new ways of obtaining gears.

While yes, there is a “chance” they can drop from opening Tumbleweeds.. I doubt someone wants to sit out in the desert all day picking Tumbleweeds.

Lately I’ve been playing a lot of Hamlet, and in Hamlet there are these ponds that have reeds in them, reeds are also another one of those highly debated Non-renewable resources.. But- a recent change in Water-Logged biome also made Fireflies renewable.

I’m pretty sure getting a Water-Logged Part 2 (or some other name) where Reeds are renewable on the waters like the ones in Hamlet (not sure if those renew or not..) Would not be out of the Question.

As far as Gears goes.. A repeatable boss that drops those “Springs” to mind- Wait no I’m sick and tired of the boss fight after boss fight after boss fight.. wasn’t there some leaked/Unimplemented files for “Spring-loaded Snakes?

A common gears dropping mob isn’t out of the question- it just means WX78 will obviously be getting a heavy Nerf and rebalancing beyond just “Consume all gears run around with 4x as much Health as several other characters”

In fact.. I do find it rather Ironic that Klei is releasing this new “Wanda” character who’s abilities include Ahem:

Dark/Nightmare Fueled Magic- Maxwell

Being able to do Merlin like things to the environment around her- Wickerbottom

And most probably needing to use gears in her special item creations- WX78

All three of the Above have NOT been reworked yet but here we have a new character who’s going to dabble in their areas.. I can only hope & pray Wanda doesn’t just become Wickerbottom 2.0 meanwhile the actual Wickerbottom becomes forgotten about.

As far as WX78 goes… I hope the robot gets a heavy balancing Nerf and some actual cool new fun gameplay mechanics- Something like needing to find and awaken ancient iron hulk parts to charge or something to that effect.

Basically like how Wendy gets more power from interacting with a game mob and gameplay mechanics that was added to the game exclusively just for her and her alone- do the same with WX78 which not only changes up the robots gameplay.. but also adds a new mob to the game in the process.

Webber got Nurse & Water Spiders.. and He was the most recent rework.. 

So it’s not entirely out of the question that WX78 or maybe even Wanda herself- Won’t come with a new mob added to the game. And if not DURING their reworks like Wendy & Webber had.. with Pipspook & Nurse Spiders then shortly AFTER Their Reworks in a game content update like Webber had with the Water Stridder Spiders in Water Logged.

You guys are thinking “Ahhh oh no shortage of Gears” meanwhile Klei is thinking 6 steps ahead of anything any of us could possibly be thinking.

And as completely broken and even dipping into other characters as Wanda sounds.., I Trust Klei, And am looking forward to what they have planned- not just With Wanda..

but with whatever their “Grand Picture” may be in the final product.

Character and skins look awesome across all ages (although i did notice thul crown for example not fitting her head correctly. Wurt has a plethora of similar hat problems. Can this really not be helped?) Abilities look amazing. Damage with her clock weapon seems... nutty :wilson_curious:

im glad she didnt get actual shadow magic abilities at old age. Instead she deals more damage with shadow weapons and suffers less sanity drain when using magic at old age. 

I just hope Wickerbottom’s refresh does her justice. The introduction of item abilities with cooldowns has a lot of potential. 

Wanda is very special and intricate and has a ton of stuff going on, makes the simpler (older) characters kind of look like doodoo a bit. Maybe. 

On 9/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, HowlVoid said:

Most likely, yes. Any character that has no way to wear protective gear would be very broken, in a bad way. Unless they have specific perks to protect their health. 

Given that her health is constantly ticking down I wonder what else can mitigate that besides her clocks. I imagine she will be unique in that both food and other reliable healing methods will not work (tent, salves, poultice, bat bat). I hope she's not extremely reliant on gears. I also hope the devs gave us multiple ways in which we can be creative when it comes to healing her and doesn't feel too restrictive/cumbersome, like Wormwood. 

I doubt she will also have healing restrictions on top of a perma DoT, at least not restricted behind an item that req gears to craft as that would be dumb far as the gameplay loop is concerned. If she has a permanent DoT ticking down her "health" just like WX in the rain, that's enough of a downside especially considering how we might want to keep her in certain forms like young instead of old and how juggling those transitions through perma DoT and needing gears could get wonky asf.

10 minutes ago, LowlySkeleton said:

I doubt she will also have healing restrictions on top of a perma DoT, at least not restricted behind an item that req gears to craft as that would be dumb far as the gameplay loop is concerned. If she has a permanent DoT ticking down her "health" just like WX in the rain, that's enough of a downside especially considering how we might want to keep her in certain forms like young instead of old and how juggling those transitions through perma DoT and needing gears could get wonky asf.

Well I'm watching her gameplay right now and I ended up being correct lmao

Only her clock can heal her

26 minutes ago, LowlySkeleton said:

There's no need for gears at all. She can't heal at all without clocks, the thing is though, the heal is good enough and her DoT isn't too brutal.

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

Character and skins look awesome across all ages (although i did notice thul crown for example not fitting her head correctly. Wurt has a plethora of similar hat problems. Can this really not be helped?) Abilities look amazing. Damage with her clock weapon seems... nutty 

haven't seen any can't find any images can you show some of them please?

On 9/2/2021 at 8:01 PM, Horsheen said:

Finally, I can die of old age

Seems Wanda can die only of old age. Whatever deals damage to her, because the damage takes the form of this age thing instead, her cause of death is "The passage of time". Be fun to the see the morgue of Wanda mains.

37 minutes ago, IceNine99 said:

Seems Wanda can die only of old age. Whatever deals damage to her, because the damage takes the form of this age thing instead, her cause of death is "The passage of time". Be fun to the see the morgue of Wanda mains.

Indeed, the obituary will certainly be quite entertaining

Archived