Any Ideas for the New Character?

Any Ideas for the New Character?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do YOU want the new character to be from one of the DLCs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  2. 2. Do YOU want the character to be brand new?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have an opinion
  3. 3. If you answered yes on question 2, would you like to draw, design, color your character and show it in the comments?

• Yes
    • No
    • I CAN'T DRAW
    • I answered Yes on Question 1 instead
  4. 4. If you answered yes to Question 1, which character would you like?

• Wagstaff
    • Wheeler
    • Wilba
    • Warbucks even if he doesn't exist anymore lol
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Walani
    • I answered yes on Question 2 instead

26 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

Don't we have like, 10 male characters? 

Actually 9 vs 6 females, the rest are neutral or non living beings.

Isnt a 1:1 ratio but ds franchise is one of the less sexist games, all characters have personality not just boobs like dumb famous mobas

On 7/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, Waynel said:

Edit : oopsie i just realized i assumed the gender of a demon, a breathing moving plant, a cyborg and a mutated bog creature even though these are not my fields of expertise. but i'm sure a knowledgeable person will enlighten me on that.

CHARACTER_GENDERS =
{
    FEMALE =
    {
        "willow",
        "wendy",
        "wickerbottom",
        "wathgrithr",
        "winona",
        "wurt",
    },
    MALE =
    {
        "wilson",
        "woodie",
        "waxwell",
        "wolfgang",
        "wes",
        "webber",
        "warly",
        "wortox",
        "wormwood",
        "walter",
    },
    ROBOT =
    {
        "wx78",
        "pyro",
    },
    NEUTRAL = {}, --empty, for modders to add to
    PLURAL = {}, --empty, for modders to add to
}

I feel like Webber not being in plural might have been an oversight, the scripts folder I used for this is was kinda old so they might have swapped him during his rework? Doubtful but there is still the possibility 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:49 PM, TemporarySolutn said:

@ShadowQueen Reacting with potato cup doesn't make you any less incorrect, judging by the fact you refused to respond to me explaining how they give you the exact same information tells me that you see how you're wrong and are still refusing to admit it, unless there is something more you would like to say?

If you want a new character, you do not want an existing dlc character

If you want an existing dlc character, you do not want a new character

(unless you want both or neither which isnt the point of the poll)

Sometimes I wonder why this even matters... this convo ended a while ago

On 7/24/2021 at 10:01 PM, ShadowQueen said:

I'm tired of men being in DST, can we have a women or even a child? idc what we get, as long as its female

no more children pls, i find it weird that theres 4 children in this dark survival game, and that said children are literally able to kill the god of the moon, and are equally or more efficient at killing then a grown man (wes)

3 hours ago, Baark0 said:

more efficient at killing then a grown man (wes)

is wes a grown man? always seen him as a teen. also i wouldn't expect a 30 year old scientist whos never fought in his life to do the same so wouldn't use that as an argument 

2 hours ago, Dextops said:

is wes a grown man? always seen him as a teen. also i wouldn't expect a 30 year old scientist whos never fought in his life to do the same so wouldn't use that as an argument 

wilson killed 2 mice, hes obviously the best fighter around, idk what you mean :>

14 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

Sometimes I wonder why this even matters... this convo ended a while ago

Because I come back to find you potato cupped my first post Literally yesterday? And I edited it addressing it I think literally right after you did it because I had the forums open, and you are still not giving a direct response and acting like you didn't just do that?

image.png.d048684492b9859edc129a0f5f145435.png

I'd personally like a character whose abilities revolve around the new ocean.
Maybe a salty fisherman to catch fish easier and probably has a vendetta against Rockjaws and Gnarwails, or a pirate such as Woodlegs to sail the seas in style. Maybe even an animal-lover type character to be able to tame/utilize otherwise hostile/neutral untameable creatures LIKE THE GRASS GATOR.

I kind of hope that warbuks is the new character. he got snapped out of exitance in solo DS but it would be cool if the re introduced him, though i think it would be better if it were either a brand new character or if not, warbuks to have been completely reworked.

I'm not sure if this idea is more from my lore brain, or my gameplay brain, but I was thinking of a detective thats trying to link all of the disappearances being brought into the constant for getting too close to cracking the case. For the gameplay part, I think it would be cool for them to be able to know whats at the end of a hunt trail based on the footprint. Not 100% sure of what else, but I'd love to hear some add ons

4 hours ago, Foonthyurnt said:

but I was thinking of a detective thats trying to link all of the disappearances being brought into the constant for getting too close to cracking the case.

thats kinda what winonas story is. she linked up all the disappearances trying to find charlie aka the darkness aka her sister 

24 minutes ago, Dextops said:

thats kinda what winonas story is. she linked up all the disappearances trying to find charlie aka the darkness aka her sister 

i think they know that, but they are talking about a serious detective, probably like and exaggerated sherlock, not a craftwoman looking for her sister

On 7/15/2021 at 12:44 PM, Kur0u said:

Warly is fun but Walter is really just a watered down Wilson with a dog, nothing much than that

But how?
Wilson, with a dog, a slingshot, sanity gets hurt when hit, gaining sanity near trees and has a "special" hat? This can't even be compared with Wilson...
This would make better sense if you said Wolfgang (I know I know Dextops already said this) because he basically is a watered down Wilson but with fighting perks, his mechanics aren't as unique as Walter's

On 7/13/2021 at 11:25 PM, Cheggf said:

People have issues with Wortox because he makes the game easier for people who only play for the first autumn and then either die or disconnect and start again on a new first autumn server the next time they start playing again. In that situation, he's very helpful, and can enable you to just facetank the random enemies you see without even making armor. They confuse him making the first 20 days easier with him being overpowered, because they don't get further than the start of the game.

People who don't have trouble surviving the start of the game and get far without Wortox see that Wortox isn't overpowered, but balanced, or maybe even a bit on the weaker side. Healing is useful, but there's plenty of ways to heal and if you know how it isn't particularly difficult so his upside isn't amazing, and as you get further along fighting becomes less and less of the game so his upsides become worse while his downsides become exacerbated.

I know! This thread is very old, dunno why it's still up...but thank you! Wortox surely needs a nerf, too easy to play

47 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

I know! This thread is very old, dunno why it's still up...but thank you! Wortox surely needs a nerf, too easy to play

Is up now because you just "necroed" it, replying to a 3 months post. 'Grats on being puzzled on.. yourself. What a glorious day!

We just got a new character, so I guess is the right time to... demand for another? :butterfly:

Also Wortox's fine, just that - far from "OP" and even farther from "beginner/casual-friendly". In pubs, 1st Autumn, he makes for great corpses to loot.

Archived