Webber's Character Refresh is Now Available!

59 minutes ago, glowy person said:

Always in the same place or moving?                                                                                                                                           

itd be cool if it was moving, but i doubt it since its an island and you could possibly end up stranded if the island floats away from your boat

Dear Klei- I am the advocate of all things spooky, but the smiling spiders are by FAR the creepiest thing I have ever seen in your game yet..

it seriously bothers me… it’s like they’re happily smiling because they want to eat your face! :wilson_cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Slagger said:

There was someone keep asking for spiders could walk on the water.

Webber should be able to walk on water, but at a cost. Like you can only do it if you have nothing in your inventory or something.

7 hours ago, Mounir said:

Please make spilagmites and shattered spider hole renewable by making us able to plant spider eggs on cave rocks or use steeped lunar essence on spider dens. Pleaseeee

Yes please! I currently have no way of taming shatter spiders or cave spiders on my main world, because i destroyed their dens years ago for loots. I'm sure that there are other players in my situation. While i don't mind starting a new world for new content, it would be great to have access to all of it on older worlds. case and point.

7 hours ago, Dextops said:

well if wurt doesn't get her night vision even tho she canonically has it neither will webber

I don't understand why they won't implement it. We already have moggles they could just apply that to Wurt and maybe change the filter. In all honesty, would not being hit from Charlie at night be THAT big of an advantage? For new players maybe but that's more reason to play Wurt. If anything Wurt could use a flashy perk like that it would encourage more people to play as her other than just being the vegan merm master. And considering Wurt is a DLC character that would just more reason for people to buy/weave her = more money for Klei. We have characters like Wortox WX78 and Wolfgang after all so i don't think "balance" is the reason that Wurt doesn't have it.
Webber on the other hand should NOT have night vision because irl while having 8 eyes they generally can't see well in the darkness.

I would love to see Wurt get an unofficial rework like how Wormwood did in the RWYS update. Please Klei <3

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Fixed a bug causing the Malbatross spawn timer to reset if it was finished when the game reloaded.

After killing the first Malbatross, the next Malbatross is no longer spawn, and even the spawntimer is gone.

@zarklord_klei

Edited by Zepp

11 hours ago, LonelySkeleton said:

Webber should be able to walk on water, but at a cost. Like you can only do it if you have nothing in your inventory or something.

Yes please! I currently have no way of taming shatter spiders or cave spiders on my main world, because i destroyed their dens years ago for loots. I'm sure that there are other players in my situation.

No, jesus christ no. People need to stop trying to give webber random powers, he isnt a water spider he’s a regular spider, he shouldnt get powers from every spider type that exists.

Just use console commands to spawn them in, its not really cheating to spawn a spider in and then tame it for the recipe.

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Would these be a mix of water striders? It would be rather fitting with Don't Starve's creature mixing.

Water spiders are a real thing already, no need to creature mix.
They can sit on the surface of the water, or create bubbles to dive, or swim. 

20 hours ago, Penguinbowler said:

wow uh, just wow. I would ask why Webbers dad ordered a giant spider from Wagstaff, but tbh the real question is probably how the Hell did Wagstaff even get a Spider from the Constant into the real world (I assume its the real word since the ending implies Maxwell got Webber after he became a spider).

Wagstaff demonstrates a capability to project himself across the dimensions of Hamlet and the Constant while physically interacting with them. It's not hard to imagine he was able to project a spider from the Constant, as evidenced by the electrical sparks when the device was shattered.

A little muddier how the projected Spider was then able to eat/fuse with Webber, but eh!

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dear Klei- I am the advocate of all things spooky, but the smiling spiders are by FAR the creepiest thing I have ever seen in your game yet..

it seriously bothers me… it’s like they’re happily smiling because they want to eat your face! :wilson_cry:

To me it reminds me too much of the ending of Hereditary. Like they recognize what happened to Webber and follow their leader whom Webber is host to with sinister intent, smiling.

Edited by Atkvin

On 6/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, Jason said:
    • Attack is no longer the default action against spiders when playing as Webber

Pls make it so this action be on default on F-key attack, not just on mouse-over/right-mouse button.

And, maybe with this occasion, fixing the spiders constantly attacking walls (more-so in case of befriended spiders) would be great. And probably something be done with default priority of attacking walls-over-hostile-mobs on force attack (CTRL+F)? Is very annoying and game-breaking when fighting mobs beside walls in general.

Plus the smiling spiders: maybe, when befriended, having them smile from time-to-time, not constantly, and while temporary smile they could do some kind of giggly movement like in ADM's example here? Ty!

PS: ah, the fact befriending a spiders means infinite loyalty now unless changing shards or de-/re-logging perhaps should've been pointed in original post, is quite a big buff for Webber worthy of mention.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*le PS
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

those are the words from a wendy main im sure of it and here is my counter attack

make her ghost not able to stunlock things

win win for all for the webbers and for the ghost everyone has an use

whats this you may ask? gettin weaker?

well only good thing for a character that dont have any realy downsides at all it would only be fair if somethings changes so everyone has there ups and downs and not just that stupid broken ghost just DELETE the rocky spiderlands while the player just stand afk there and wins

yes i know i have good eyes to see where some fixin or changes are needed thanks me later for this

how about we buff webber instead (I'm sorry if this is too reasonable)

also if you think wendy has no downsides you've either never played her or just sit next to spider dens all day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

how about we buff webber instead (I'm sorry if this is too reasonable)

also if you think wendy has no downsides you've either never played her or just sit next to spider dens all day

well then oh wise one what are her downsides? less damage? you mean you ignore the fact that the broken ghost dont give wendy damage boosting? so what is it?

Just now, QuartzBeam said:

Obviously, the solution to Webber not being fun to play is making Wendy not be fun either.

you wanted to tell me that more or well actualy balanching that broken ghost makes wendy unfun to play? i mean is not like you dont do much anyway if you play wendy but sure clearly is not like i hear soo many times that wendy is a better wendy soo manytimes and the most reasons was because of a ghost not balanched at all and just DELETE the rocky spider lands while the player just stands still and wait undill the ghost removes 100 spiders at the same time so sure yes sometime makin something weaker is actualy a good way to make it easy to balanche a game and make everyone just as good

5 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

you wanted to tell me that more or well actualy balanching that broken ghost makes wendy unfun to play? i mean is not like you dont do much anyway if you play wendy but sure clearly is not like i hear soo many times that wendy is a better wendy soo manytimes and the most reasons was because of a ghost not balanched at all and just DELETE the rocky spider lands while the player just stands still and wait undill the ghost removes 100 spiders at the same time so sure yes sometime makin something weaker is actualy a good way to make it easy to balanche a game and make everyone just as good

I call this piece "The Neverending Sentence".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, LonelySkeleton said:

I don't understand why they won't implement it. We already have moggles they could just apply that to Wurt and maybe change the filter. In all honesty, would not being hit from Charlie at night be THAT big of an advantage? For new players maybe but that's more reason to play Wurt. If anything Wurt could use a flashy perk like that it would encourage more people to play as her other than just being the vegan merm master. And considering Wurt is a DLC character that would just more reason for people to buy/weave her = more money for Klei. We have characters like Wortox WX78 and Wolfgang after all so i don't think "balance" is the reason that Wurt doesn't have it.
Webber on the other hand should NOT have night vision because irl while having 8 eyes they generally can't see well in the darkness.

I would love to see Wurt get an unofficial rework like how Wormwood did in the RWYS update. Please Klei <3

Outside of a ruins rush wx isn't really good at all. And Wolfgang at the end of the day without outside character help is only twice as strong as the average player.

What you recommend is completely shutting off one of the game's main mechanics because Wurt's playstyle doesn't appeal to you...

3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

well then oh wise one what are her downsides? less damage? you mean you ignore the fact that the broken ghost dont give wendy damage boosting? so what is it?

abi is slow as hell and won't buff every single one of your attacks, in a lot of situations you're barely killing things faster than wilson and in some others you're slower

abigail is good damage against hordes of smaller mobs, a slightly overall dps increase against some larger mobs and bosses, but that's literally all wendy is, abigail can't gather materials for you and doesn't increase your movement speed

if help in combat really is that impactful to you you just struggle a lot with it

Edited by Guille6785

Thank you again. The last two days have been a blast! The rework has been fun and I am excited that Webber has some new things to make him an even better player. Still a Wurt at heart but I enjoyed the last two days being a webber. 

• Like 1
  • Health 1