Webber's Character Refresh is Now Available!

On 6/25/2021 at 12:03 AM, LonelySkeleton said:

I don't understand why they won't implement it. We already have moggles they could just apply that to Wurt and maybe change the filter. In all honesty, would not being hit from Charlie at night be THAT big of an advantage? For new players maybe but that's more reason to play Wurt. If anything Wurt could use a flashy perk like that it would encourage more people to play as her other than just being the vegan merm master. And considering Wurt is a DLC character that would just more reason for people to buy/weave her = more money for Klei. We have characters like Wortox WX78 and Wolfgang after all so i don't think "balance" is the reason that Wurt doesn't have it.
Webber on the other hand should NOT have night vision because irl while having 8 eyes they generally can't see well in the darkness.

I would love to see Wurt get an unofficial rework like how Wormwood did in the RWYS update. Please Klei <3

brother, if wurt had nightvission, things like the caves would be trivially easy, youd be able to see everything, its too overpowered

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, Mysterious box said:

Outside of a ruins rush wx isn't really good at all. And Wolfgang at the end of the day without outside character help is only twice as strong as the average player.

What you recommend is completely shutting off one of the game's main mechanics because Wurt's playstyle doesn't appeal to you...

At this point we have items that completely remove that mechanic anyway, why not let merm girls have intrinsic night vision perk? let's be honest she doesn't appeal to many players anyway, she's more of a gimmick character like Webber.

15 hours ago, Krewnathan said:

brother, if wurt had nightvission, things like the caves would be trivially easy, youd be able to see everything, its too overpowered

Huh sort of like building Moggles on day 1? Yea we already have multiple items that completely negate the darkness mechanic. If it was implemented it would obvs require a trade-off of sorts, such as not being able to equip head armor. At that point it would simply be intrinsic moggles for 1 character nobody even plays really.

On 6/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, Mysterious box said:

Outside of a ruins rush wx isn't really good at all. And Wolfgang at the end of the day without outside character help is only twice as strong as the average player.

What you recommend is completely shutting off one of the game's main mechanics because Wurt's playstyle doesn't appeal to you...

Are, are you trying to say that WX and Wolfgang are balanced? Weird i have never seen anyone try to minimize this aspect. "outside of the ruins" or "without outside character help" naw you're just splitting hairs at that point for the sake of your argument. It doesn't matter how you look at it characters such as Wortox Wendy WX and Wolfgang are busted OP. Giving Wurt night vision aka free moggles pales in comparison to what the others are capable of. Wortox and WX can literally survive for ever without eating any foods just souls and gears which never spoil and are easily/infinitely renewable. While Wolf and Wendy can cheese every enemy in the game, Wolf requiring resources and Wendy requiring game knowledge of certain tech/strats. As a player with 2500 hours (not bragging just assuring experience) and someone who has played every character extensively, i see no major impact with Wurt having night vision as that game mechanic becomes trivial after your first few hours of playing DST. The only people who would rely on it as a crutch are beginners, but Wurt is a DLC character anyway so...

Wurt deserves some love at least, even if not this. Out of the 3 DLC chars she is underwhelming. Wormwood has an (on avg) higher speed boost than Wolfgang that's also cheaper to maintain 24/7 and at reduced hunger drain. Wortox has souls, essentially unlimited gears in "spirit form" that can even AoE others. What selling point does Wurt have as a DLC character? I mean actual selling point not just what can she do. She needs something, anything. I'm not creative so night vision is just a spitball idea, not about to die on that hill.

Edited by LonelySkeleton

39 minutes ago, LonelySkeleton said:

At this point we have items that completely remove that mechanic anyway, why not let merm girls have intrinsic night vision perk? let's be honest she doesn't appeal to many players anyway, she's more of a gimmick character like Webber.

Huh sort of like building Moggles on day 1? Yea we already have multiple items that completely negate the darkness mechanic. If it was implemented it would obvs require a trade-off of sorts, such as not being able to equip head armor. At that point it would simply be intrinsic moggles for 1 character nobody even plays really.

Are, are you trying to say that WX and Wolfgang are balanced? Weird i have never seen anyone try to minimize this aspect. "outside of the ruins" or "without outside character help" naw you're just splitting hairs at that point for the sake of your argument. It doesn't matter how you look at it characters such as Wortox Wendy WX and Wolfgang are busted OP. Giving Wurt night vision aka free moggles pales in comparison to what the others are capable of. Wortox and WX can literally survive for ever without eating any foods just souls and gears which never spoil and are easily/infinitely renewable. While Wolf and Wendy can cheese every enemy in the game, Wolf requiring resources and Wendy requiring game knowledge of certain tech/strats. As a player with 2500 hours (not bragging just assuring experience) and someone who has played every character extensively, i see no major impact with Wurt having night vision as that game mechanic becomes trivial after your first few hours of playing DST. The only people who would rely on it as a crutch are beginners, but Wurt is a DLC character anyway so...

Wurt deserves some love at least, even if not this. Out of the 3 DLC chars she is underwhelming. Wormwood has an (on avg) higher speed boost than Wolfgang that's also cheaper to maintain 24/7 and at reduced hunger drain. Wortox has souls, essentially unlimited gears in "spirit form" that can even AoE others. What selling point does Wurt have as a DLC character? I mean actual selling point not just what can she do. She needs something, anything. I'm not creative so night vision is just a spitball idea, not about to die on that hill.

So what specifically Is op about wx? He has finished returns on his overcharged state in dst so keeping it up without wickerbottom is outside of the end game where we already have infinite light sources is a far cry from OP. Or do you mean his enchanted states that still require refilling compared to wigfrids life leech, webber's follower healing and wortox's soul healing tell me what about wx is currently op? Also due to his new horde playstyle due to the refresh webber has higher dps than Wolfgang in most situations. Overall people just aren't big on the follower system if thr reaction to webber is any indication.

Giving wurt night vision won't make her more popular the reason not many people play her is the amount of effort it requires to use her mechanic to the fullest which doesn't translate well into pubs.

As for wortox look ar spider nurses then back to wortox then back at spider nurses I think he's fine.

21 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

So what specifically Is op about wx? He has finished returns on his overcharged state in dst so keeping it up without wickerbottom is outside of the end game where we already have infinite light sources is a far cry from OP. Or do you mean his enchanted states that still require refilling compared to wigfrids life leech, webber's follower healing and wortox's soul healing tell me what about wx is currently op? Also due to his new horde playstyle due to the refresh webber has higher dps than Wolfgang in most situations. Overall people just aren't big on the follower system if thr reaction to webber is any indication.

Giving wurt night vision won't make her more popular the reason not many people play her is the amount of effort it requires to use her mechanic to the fullest which doesn't translate well into pubs.

As for wortox look ar spider nurses then back to wortox then back at spider nurses I think he's fine.

Personally Wx is the easiest to play because of gears he feels OP. Just clear ruins once a year (walk in the park for him) as you would normally and you can live off gears for ever. They're like a selfish version of souls just without the invent cap. I'm not pushing night vision much tbh, it's more so that i just want to see Wurt refreshed even though she most likely never will be. And i'm un creative so the idea of night vision was more so just a jumping off point for this topic. I agree with you though in a few ways, the more i play Webber the more i like these changes especially since the bug fixes today. Wurt and Webber just come off as the type of char that would work best in a group of their own kind. Taking over the swamp/world with nothing but Webbers and Merms sounds like fun!

• Potato Cup 1

8 minutes ago, LonelySkeleton said:

Personally Wx is the easiest to play because of gears he feels OP. Just clear ruins once a year (walk in the park for him) as you would normally and you can live off gears for ever. They're like a selfish version of souls just without the invent cap. I'm not pushing night vision much tbh, it's more so that i just want to see Wurt refreshed even though she most likely never will be. And i'm un creative so the idea of night vision was more so just a jumping off point for this topic. I agree with you though in a few ways, the more i play Webber the more i like these changes especially since the bug fixes today. Wurt and Webber just come off as the type of char that would work best in a group of their own kind. Taking over the swamp/world with nothing but Webbers and Merms sounds like fun!

From my experience with wurt the biggest changes that would make her more popular would be

Removing the need to feed the king.

Removing trinkets from the merm king's loot table

Giving wurt a way to stack fish even if it's a special carrying bag that can only hold fish

Removing kelp from the merm king's crafting cost

Non wurts should he able to both make merms followers and interact with the king without a clever disguise once a king isnmade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Bent sporks are amazing lures and it's one of the main reasons I even trade with the king! I wouldn't want trinkets removed at all.

Honestly if ocean fishing had more value for wurt outside of the seasonal fish or trinkets had had another big purpose for wurt I'm sure noone would have a issue with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

From my experience with wurt the biggest changes that would make her more popular would be

Removing the need to feed the king.

Removing trinkets from the merm king's loot table

Giving wurt a way to stack fish even if it's a special carrying bag that can only hold fish

Removing kelp from the merm king's crafting cost

Non wurts should he able to both make merms followers and interact with the king without a clever disguise once a king isnmade

Solid ideas. Ik people opt to just let the king starve and cycle through them with 2-3 nearby houses but even that becomes tedious having to feed a new king every 4 days just for stats, to the point where people only spawn a king for the merm guards or to fight a boss. A massive feature of her character only gets used situationally which sucks.

Trinkets should stay there's some neat ones and it doesn't really cut into the loot table you still get tons of spots n kelp n stuff.

Love the idea of a character exclusive fish stack pack

I didn't mind the incentive to sail for kelp, better than the prior fish requirement for crafting. Or alternatively if the fish packet was added they could remove kelp from the recipe and revert to the old fish requirement, which would no longer be an issue because she can stack them! That is after all why the recipe change from fish to kelp was made.

I agree on this the most, either remove the need for disguise once King is made or up the crafting cost and remove it's freshness durability. That would keep her from becoming a pick n switch i guess. While other chars could use merms to gather, it would still require a disguise meaning only Wurt could effectively use merms to fight.

Also night vision lol. Maybe it's only available in buffed form while King is alive? Or requires giving a specific item to King that can only be obtained from ruins or ocean content? Something to essentially time gate the feature would balance it yea or no?

Edited by LonelySkeleton
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

4 hours ago, LonelySkeleton said:

But moggles uses your head slot. You would be able to wear other things like helmets making the game easier.

Being able to see the whole screen for free is just a dumb mechanic. Is like a character that doesnt need to eat because food is easy to get. They are core mechanics

If people dont want to play wurt is their problem, not wurts desing

• Thanks 2

I don't know is that a bug or somethin', but my medic spider is healing spider queen which i fight now and me and my big spider army can;t kill it, because the heal is too big for her.

Also i want to report a bug : when i leave game or go to caves my spider army forgets about me and its neutral again to me :(

1 hour ago, TheSadzik said:

I don't know is that a bug or somethin', but my medic spider is healing spider queen which i fight now and me and my big spider army can;t kill it, because the heal is too big for her.

Also i want to report a bug : when i leave game or go to caves my spider army forgets about me and its neutral again to me :(

Nurse spiders heals all spiders

The other "bug" is a mechanic for being a multiplayer game

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Hello, I am an up coming streamer who has applied for drops previously and I was wondering if I have to reapply for drops when new drops are released or can I stream for the goal time without reapplying? I was asking since I have already streamed 10 hours.

What have you done to best spider?!

... It looks fantastic! So glad to see he was put further down the 'Friend to spiders' route over anything else. Favorite thing about Webber was how innocent and friend-focused he is, and you guys outright buffed his army of friends and gave him more ways to help his friends, both spider and non-spider. Also really glad that the Spider Queen was not turned into a mount. That would have been really weird. 

And his short not showing his human face is perfect. His human face should remain ever a mystery!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1