Why do passive spiders still attack walls?

Edit: this is now fixed in a hotfix, so this post is now redundant.

even when under the effect of the new decorated den's, the spiders still violently attack walls. the decorated dens are supposed to make spider dens better for bases, so why is this still an issue. Its a small thing, but if they are to be fully integrated into a base, then they need to stop attacking walls when in range of a decorated den.

1 hour ago, pikamuse said:

Maybe it's a bug? I hope it is since I had an idea for a spider pen; like a beefalo pen for my base.

That's what I wanted too, a nice place to keep the spiders safe and out of the way until I needed them. Would also allow me to keep the spiders close together for ease of taming and spider warring. 

The walls in general have a problem, starting with priority attack from player - when there's a hostile mob beside a wall and player force-attacks (CTRL+F), for some reason walls are seen as the more dangerous "foe" by game in comparison to let's say a wild Werepig. (That damn wall, you never know when suddenly will attack you, so better be the first one to strike no matter when and what, right?)

On same note, it seems the "Attack is no longer the default action against spiders when playing as Webber" doesn't quite do its intended function, at least not for me: when I was being attacked by some Pig on webbing, spiders came out as-intended, attacked Pig and, wanting to speed up its killing, I F-attacked... random spiders (normal attack, not forced one). Don't know what's happening, but it doesn't look like "working as intended" to me.

Frankly I don't even know why spiders attack walls in principle, more so solitary walls. (Am not writing about the mechanic of walls having HP as a main point here.) Would stand to reason if there was a closed wall-pen, else pathfinder should direct spiders towards openings as priority goes.

i dont understand how stuff like this gets through. they supposedly dedicate an entire month to a single rework and most likely longer and pacified spiders still attack walls? and webber still attacks spiders with F? i cant think of more basic, lvl 0 stuff to fix first if u know what i mean :spidercowers:

Archived