"Klei Fest" Introduction and News

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I might try that intern option. Would like to work for Klei.

Everybody would... 

Back to the cawnival,

I had an idea for a giant wooden woodpecker type enemy/boss in a forest. Interesting to see a wooden crow type npc.

• Like 1

Great Stuff. Extremly happy for the new Twitch Drop skin.
Looking Foward to see how the new Advocate Program will look like.

All in All wasnt expecting all of this for next week. After 210 hours of DST streamed this month so far, i guess that ain't changing much soon :wilson_sneaky:

• Like 3
  • Health 1

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I might try that intern option. Would like to work for Klei. 

The Cawnival is unexpected. Looks like fun.

Can't wait for the new trailer for Griftlands. Would love to see Smith Banquod as a child.

What intern option?

48 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Everybody would... 

Back to the cawnival,

I had an idea for a giant wooden woodpecker type enemy/boss in a forest. Interesting to see a wooden crow type npc.

I don't think the wooden crow is an NPC.

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

Klei Advocates Program: We have hired Fourth Floor to run a new Klei Advocates program. This new program will create opportunities for us to grow our relationship with content creators. We have been working with Fourth Floor for quite a while now and this new arrangement will see Fourth Floor being working with a small number of our most dedicated streamers beginning with the next DST Character refresh at the end of June. More details to follow in the coming weeks. 

So how exactly is this going to work? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding it's the big/known streamers that are going to be able to distribute the items? Skin drops are definitely a selling point for many people and this has already been bothering me a bit with how the distribution works now (with a list of specific people). To me it kinda looks like favouritism and only really helps already known names to grow even more while small content creators miss out. Unless there is a way to get added to the list that doesn't require your name to be already widely known that I'm not aware of.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

Don't Starve Together: We will be celebrating Klei Fest with a new Yearly Limited time event called "Midsummer Cawnival!". Our survivors will be greeted by the enigmatic Corvus Goodfeather, who needs a bit of help preparing the festivities for his crow compatriots. Decorate, try your luck at the Cawnival games, and maybe even win some prizes! 

loading_carnival_finalsize.png

so the theme for summer is...eggs? i hope it's not *too* egg heavy, as a former animal crossing player i have seen enough egg themed items in this lifetime haha :wilson_cry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Big Ups 1

after all those days a scaled chest now if i can ask you could you make it the same number of scale chest as there are normal of? im sure you can get something like that done

alsol that background looks very lovecraft like

11 hours ago, JoeW said:

We will begin a new twitch Drop Campaign for the Leviathan Chest starting June 3rd. Streamers that will have drops available can be found in the spoiler below. Note that this will be the last campaign of this type, further campaigns will be done through our advocates program. See below. 

Klei Advocates Program: We have hired Fourth Floor to run a new Klei Advocates program. This new program will create opportunities for us to grow our relationship with content creators. We have been working with Fourth Floor for quite a while now and this new arrangement will see Fourth Floor being working with a small number of our most dedicated streamers beginning with the next DST Character refresh at the end of June. More details to follow in the coming weeks. 

Just asking for a clarification, would that mean next drop campaign would have less (like, only "most dedicated") Streamers the next ones ? Depends how I read it I understand it that way, hoping I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ADM said:

Just asking for a clarification, would that mean next drop campaign would have less (like, only "most dedicated") Streamers the next ones ? Depends how I read it I understand it that way, hoping I'm wrong.

I hope that this is NOT what that means! I just got the drops, would be very sad if it was the first and last time I'll get them because I'm not deemed "dedicated" enough D=

Edited by eiusmodi
  • Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

The event promo looks okayish.

I'm guessing it's gonna be something like new structure that summons the Goodfeather and then survivors tell us what it wants. And after we complete its quest other birds arrive and we can begin the minigame. It's most likely gonna be an egg hunt and if I'm lucky Klei will make it doable solo.

Also I'm guessing the only thing summer-related about this event is that it takes place during June.

But I digress, I'll leave potential feedback and ranting after the event is released.

• Like 4

Yes!! Scaled Chest Skin!! :wilson_love:
The event looks interesting too! Egg race? Maybe? I guess I will find out soon enough!
Thanks for the new content! Also looking forward to hear more about the advocate program
Btw. Clean Sweeper skin when? :lol:

Edited by NaNdagos
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, 9screamingkittens said:

so the theme for summer is...eggs? i hope it's not *too* egg heavy, as a former animal crossing player i have seen enough egg themed items in this lifetime haha :wilson_cry:

The eggs remind of Easter. Maybe the event will be sort of a mix of Easter and Summer kind of like how Winter's Feast seems like a mix of Christmas and Thanksgiving. At least to me.

Edited by thegreatJash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Also I'm guessing the only thing summer-related about this event is that it takes place during June.

My biggest concern. Winter's Feast really hones in on the winter aspect. Seasonal boss skins, gingerpigs, holiday cheer, feasting, ornaments, Klaus etc. If this is the summer equivalent, I hope it can compare. 

• Like 1