Arctic DLC Leaked !!!1!

Guys I don't have much time, this is a leaked screenshot from the beta version of a future DLC, make sure KLEI doesn't see.dstarcticbiome.thumb.png.db532c3ac360527ef931d133458b5fc2.png

JK :D. Saw that quite a few people voted for an arctic-themed DLC for DST in that poll, and tried to make a concept for a MacTusk village, with a snowstorm going on (notice the "fog"). It took way more than I expected :) what would you like to see in an arctic-themed DLC?

I fell for this OP haha good one.

But your timing is quite ironic considering:

I was scrolling the Xbox events app yesterday and noticed DST Eye of the Storm as one of the events on the list- so I clicked it and of course checked the box for being interested in the event! When I clicked to find out more it had an option for top add-ons, which showcased DS Hamlet and DS Shipwrecked- Maybe someday.. years into the future But for now, They aren’t compatible with DST. :wilson_cry:
My question now is why would top add on’s for an incompatible games DLC’s (DS solo) be shown on the page for DST?

Is this a Mistake on Klei or Microsoft’s part.. did Klei intentionally do this to hint at a possible future compatibility with those expansions?

either way.. I’m going to burrow the above image.

155831B7-BE3E-49BC-9630-D9BAFC87DE5C.jpeg.577231f70f35ec1eb1e7f7540949bfa9.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I fell for this OP haha good one.

But your timing is quite ironic considering:

I was scrolling the Xbox events app yesterday and noticed DST Eye of the Storm as one of the events on the list- so I clicked it and of course checked the box for being interested in the event! When I clicked to find out more it had an option for top add-ons, which showcased DS Hamlet and DS Shipwrecked- Maybe someday.. years into the future But for now, They aren’t compatible with DST. :wilson_cry:
My question now is why would top add on’s for an incompatible games DLC’s (DS solo) be shown on the page for DST?

Is this a Mistake on Klei or Microsoft’s part.. did Klei intentionally do this to hint at a possible future compatibility with those expansions?

either way.. I’m going to burrow the above image.

155831B7-BE3E-49BC-9630-D9BAFC87DE5C.jpeg.577231f70f35ec1eb1e7f7540949bfa9.jpeg

Pepe Sylvia has entered the chat

Cute concept, perhaps for a mod.

Regarding new potential islands and/or biomes, I for one would fancy a lot more new mobs, new stuff in general, not some aggregation of old elements. We already get between 1 and 4 MacT spawns that become mostly irrelevant after 2-3 in-game years, more-so now Canes drop from Treasure Chests as well. Tam o', once you get one that's it, only if being quite not careful you can lose it. Aside that, don't see a functional point in having some arctic MacT island with a bunch of them there. I would prefer if KLei expanded upon Lobster/Crab People (or whatever specie Pearl and King are from), or even the Ancient Bug People. Devs also had certain interesting past concepts, like Bacoons (was that the name?), more humanoid Turkeys (Perds?), Chickens, Slipstor etc. To surprise us with new, maybe Ocean-related mobs/biomes.

4 hours ago, Dark Vapor said:

Guys I don't have much time, this is a leaked screenshot from the beta version of a future DLC, make sure KLEI doesn't see.dstarcticbiome.thumb.png.db532c3ac360527ef931d133458b5fc2.png

JK :D. Saw that quite a few people voted for an arctic-themed DLC for DST in that poll, and tried to make a concept for a MacTusk village, with a snowstorm going on (notice the "fog"). It took way more than I expected :) what would you like to see in an arctic-themed DLC?

Really wish more arctic biomes. 

4 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

am actually curious, what mod is that? If it is one.

37 minutes ago, Hornete said:

It's a photoshopped concept, not an actual mod.

I played on a RoG+SW+Hamlet modded DST world half a year or a year ago, where the Shipwrecked world actually had an island quite similar to OP's concept. Snowmen, extra strong mctusks and different snow(ified)-mobs, plus the player started freezing there, despite it being autumn.

I even have two screenshots: 

Spoiler

20200508163040_1.thumb.jpg.2412913327e2ab19c2969ed71330bd6f.jpg20200508163529_1.thumb.jpg.1bc3610ea68375b90622f32b6a712c09.jpg

2 hours ago, chirsg said:

Would be cool to have the edges of the map be a perimeter of ice like a flat eather's fantasy.

Would be, but it would break the ground rules of what is the world made to be as at the moment, the constant has peculiar rules to it's dimension.

Archived