Alters design is kinda meh

1082347184_.PNG.5ed85775d683943f262535c2fa5ab9f5.PNG

I personally found myself very underwhelmed with how Klei depicted Alter. Maybe it's my expectations, but i imagined this old eldritch god, that was once worshipped by an ancient civilization, looming and watching over us not like that :/  What do you think?

The only thing that disappointed me was how they just used flat colours for the eye. No depth, just teal eyeball with white pupil on a gray background

image.png.78e21d8b0c922265f50fdfd6dd5070a9.png

There, the only difference (when it comes to colours) is that my version doesn't have the 'paper that was crumpled and then flattened' background

23 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

The only thing that disappointed me was how they just used flat colours for the eye. No depth, just teal eyeball with white pupil on a gray background

There, the only difference (beside general level of skill and lineart) is that my version doesn't have the 'paper that was crumpled and then flattened' background

you missed the epic spike thingies on the two sides

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

There, the only difference (when it comes to colours) is that my version doesn't have the 'paper that was crumpled and then flattened' background

but most characters have just white as there eyes but anyway you asked for more details and here you go

image.thumb.png.fedc9695d6a423ce706822d6602415ab.png

i put like a black line there like whats that eye form called again? reptilians have like eyes like that and alsol i made those crystals on the side there since you forgot and now that i made this eye i realy think this looks better actualy

The general idea of "A giant Eye in the Sky" eldritch god-like entity is fine. Its execution.. far from it. End product looks more like some Pokemon ball-&-creature hybrid with basic shading. Should've had more details, be more menacing, more effects. "Play the part" in essence. In the end feels hurried and a sloppy work.

32 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

The general idea of "A giant Eye in the Sky" eldritch god-like entity is fine. Its execution.. far from it. End product looks more like some Pokemon ball-&-creature hybrid with basic shading. Should've had more details, be more menacing, more effects. "Play the part" in essence. In the end feels hurried and a sloppy work.

Yeah its unfortunate but this is the direction they're going for, cartoon-y and bright pastel colors. We should expect similar designs with future mobs and bosses. The horror hound look more menacing than the giant lemon in the sky. 

We got three trailers/teasers in a little over a week. Really wouldn't surprise me if they were on a bit of a crunch. But at the end of the day, the simpler it is the easier to animate.

Hopefully we'll get some more media with Alter in the future. I would love a really detailed still image as a loading screen.

8 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:

It remains to wait for all the other parts of the body. We are waiting for all the new events related to the giant nose or lip.

Ah yes, Mr potato head, Revenge of the potato.

Archived