Ipsquiggle

[Spaced Out! Update] - 462129

crbd115    291

27 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

There are now several strains of mutant seed that crop plants can drop when grown in radiation

So what I'm thinking is shinebugs in all your farms now in addition to the sweetles and grubgrubs :p.

• Like 1

ghkbrew    590
54 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Research Reactor

• Fixed issue with inconsistent coolant/reaction mass conduction
  • Enriched Uranium mass target increased 20x
  • Increased coolant/reaction mass conduction scale 5x
  • Meltdown temperature increased to 3000k
  • Added new meltdown animations
  • Fixed issue with temperature meter
  • Increased meltdown projectile mass

Nice.  Time to test some new reactor designs.

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

RonEmpire    655
2 hours ago, crbd115 said:

So what I'm thinking is shinebugs in all your farms now in addition to the sweetles and grubgrubs :p.

except for the plants that  grow in the dark only

zach123b    151

are the mutant plants suppose to drop seeds?  i haven't had one (licey thimble reed) drop any seeds after 10+ harvests with a 17 agriculture dupe

and what's up with every variation requiring 25rads/cycle?  some are OP and it makes sense but some variations are a lackluster with that 25 rads/cycle requirement.  the chance of getting a strange seed is really low too, any chance for a little better chance?

image.png.7dc12187cc2f91d449f70f1c44d3dc61.pngimage.png.3649ebf32412dcc0389c45ea8a79758f.pngimage.png.b70c531e841034e75a4b785a691e6b6d.png

awesome update though!  loving the mutant plants, just wish they were easier to use for the weaker variants

• Like 4

crbd115    291
1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

except for the plants that  grow in the dark only

True, probably why they show a wheeze wort next to the mushrooms. 

37 minutes ago, zach123b said:

are the mutant plants suppose to drop seeds?  i haven't had one (licey thimble reed) drop any seeds after 10+ harvests with a 17 agriculture dupe

and what's up with every variation requiring 25rads/cycle?  some are OP and it makes sense but some variations are a lackluster with that 25 rads/cycle requirement.  the chance of getting a strange seed is really low too, any chance for a little better chance?

image.png.7dc12187cc2f91d449f70f1c44d3dc61.pngimage.png.3649ebf32412dcc0389c45ea8a79758f.pngimage.png.b70c531e841034e75a4b785a691e6b6d.png

awesome update though!  loving the mutant plants, just wish they were easier to use for the weaker variants

Maybe eventually they make the blooming one release floral scent. Maybe they could remove the radiation need from blooming and replace it with just light? Since it doesn't do as much, or if they added the floral scent maybe it would be worth the radiation need for the stress reduction?
As a side idea maybe mutations would change the temp requirements for plants, or even the atmosphere requirements?

Edited by crbd115

zach123b    151
20 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

As a side idea maybe mutations would change the temp requirements for plants, or even the atmosphere requirements?

some variations make the temp range smaller/larger like this one.  i'm at 8 variations plus the original.  2 of them change the temp requirements

image.png.61301a000a9c44119556f61971b5e8f8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sasza22    3347

I wonder what would be the best way to keep the plants radiated. Does nuclear waste spread radiation around pipes when pumped around? If so i could see it as a system to keep the plants growing and doubling up as temperature control.

pether    941

How often do you see mutated plants? I made several farms, have Wheezeworts everywhere, but I saw nothing so far...

crbd115    291

This seems like a really cool feature so far. Can't wait to see what else is in store if this is day one of this update. :D

• Like 1

sakura_sk    1089
7 minutes ago, pether said:

How often do you see mutated plants?

Not too often. I think the wheezewort is a must for the mutated plants, not the original ones (or maybe not...?)

nessumo    98
23 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Not too often. I think the wheezewort is a must for the mutated plants, not the original ones (or maybe not...?)

I am using shine bugs, but... got two crashes, possibly at the moment strange seed is delivered to the research station.

pether    941
2 minutes ago, nessumo said:

I am using shine bugs, but... got two crashes, possibly at the moment strange seed is delivered to the research station.

Please be awared that some mods my not work correctly with the changes. The one I am aware of is "Rooms Expanded" but they can be other as well

nessumo    98
1 minute ago, pether said:

Please be awared that some mods my not work correctly with the changes. The one I am aware of is "Rooms Expanded" but they can be other as well

Yup, I guess that's the problem. I'll check if I can reproduce this without mods tomorrow maybe...