DEAD = "WHAT A WASTE",
        },
        ALTERGUARDIAN_PHASE2 = {
            GENERIC = "OUR ALLIANCE WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE! STOP IGNORING ME!",
            DEAD = "AN UNFORTUNATE BUT NECESSARY DEACTIVATION",
        },
        ALTERGUARDIAN_PHASE2SPIKE = "BARRIER DETECTED. RECALCULATING ROUTE",
        ALTERGUARDIAN_PHASE3 = "IF YOU WILL NOT JOIN ME YOU WILL BE DESTROYED",
        ALTERGUARDIAN_PHASE3TRAP = "THREAT DETECTED: SUGGEST IMMEDIATE REMOVAL",
        ALTERGUARDIAN_PHASE3DEADORB = "WHAT IS HE PLOTTING",
        ALTERGUARDIAN_PHASE3DEAD = "UNFORTUNATE. YOU COULD HAVE BEEN USEFUL",

And Wortox comments on how it has no soul (and guess what, WX doesn't drops souls either when it dies):

ALTERGUARDIAN_PHASE3DEADORB = "Energy, but no soul to snack on. A pity.",

That, and unlike other bosses, this boss doesn't have a respawn cooldown. It can be reactivated immediately by combining all the altar pieces again, granted that you have the materials on hand.

What do others think?

I think WX wants to be friends with it because its inorganic and they always enjoyed moon stuff in general(As evidenced by their other quotes)

I don't think it not dropping a soul really contributes to it being a robot, I mean shadow creatures don't drop souls but you wouldnt call them robots right?

It's an interesting idea though! I like the theory.

46 minutes ago, Maximum124 said:

I doubt it, since they're made by the ancient civilization which is all about that shadow magic.

The Ancients were initially moon-based. That's the whole point of the Archive.

As for the initial statement: I kinda doubt it's related to the Sentrypedes though.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

It's interesting that WX considers the Champion to not be an organic, cause Wickerbottom(?) claims the moon glass is organic.

Wickerbottom doesn’t have anything to make that judgement, ever since the moon update, she’s been making tons of claims with no data or measurements to back it up.

I thought it was the 3 alters being powered up by lunar energy?

If so then yes, but... Also no?

Its a moon robot basically built with moon technology.

Second theory is that its a puppet and the energy is its "strings". If the second than Wagstaff might be up to something nefarious.  

Third theory is that the energy itself is the entity and the rest is a shell.

The definition of robot can be fairly loose and dependent on context. But in general they are constructs made to fulfill a job, the champion's job is defend the moon. Plus being of the moon, of course WX would be fond of it. Although it does make one wonder where WX got the idea that such powerful things came from the Moon in the first place

4 hours ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

alterguardian_phasex has the tag 'Mech' so: Yes!

Interesting. That would mean the guardian is being piloted. I'm guessing Alter itself is piloting the guardian, going along with the idea that the Gestalts are also manifestations of Alter (as it would fit the definition of "gestalt" as a hive mind). Since they all kind of look like the same one eyed big headed creature.

8 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

Interesting. That would mean the guardian is being piloted. I'm guessing Alter itself is piloting the guardian, going along with the idea that the Gestalts are also manifestations of Alter (as it would fit the definition of "gestalt" as a hive mind). Since they all kind of look like the same one eyed big headed creature.

Sounds like the ancient artifact but with a soul instead of a body piloting.

14 hours ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

alterguardian_phasex has the tag 'Mech' so: Yes!

All the tag does is change the sound it makes when being hit, I'm cautious if that'd count or not though.

Although ideally it would make sense if Alter is the one directing it, as it is a Champion after all.

Archived