[Game Update] - 458469

On 4/1/2021 at 9:29 PM, Mantas said:

Thanks for the free oxygen 
image.thumb.png.15c64cb7cf46e1bbac976ff7040a8137.png

image.png

I just opened my "empty chest" and the content was a little different. Is it intentional? Do you need to weave other tools or is there other way to get all those skins?

28 minutes ago, Prajdo said:

I just opened my "empty chest" and the content was a little different. Is it intentional? Do you need to weave other tools or is there other way to get all those skins?

you can weave the remaining skins for 45 spools each in the belongings section

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

what makes you think well get an update? Wes's absolutely real 1 link no fake 100% virus free rework was launched like 4 days ago

Pretty sure they’re talking about the next beta branch- which should go live this week or next week.. and depending on how big that content update is: Remain in testing for 1-4 weeks before releasing publicly.

If I had to take an educated guess, the beta branch will start this Thursday, run for 2 weeks then release outside of Beta.

but that all depends on how big the update is, and if Klei’s ready for the beta to start for it.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, ScottHansen said:
  • Wes now has a Balloonomancy crafting tab where he can inflate various types of balloons
    • Balloon - The same old balloons, now with a few more shapes
    • Speedy Balloon - An overly inflated balloon to help become lighter on your feet, but don’t let go!
    • Party Balloon - Gather some friends and pop these to host a small party
    • Inflatable Vest - Acts as a life jacket, preventing damage from falling in the ocean.
    • Balloon Hat - Just a little dapper with some rain protection, and completes your balloon outfit
  • Now has the lowest stats of all the survivors
  • Hounds waves will focus more on Wes than the other survivors.
  • Is more susceptible to overheating and freezing
  • Takes longer to recover from grogginess
  • Has a higher chance of being struck by lightning
  • Is less efficient at mining, chopping, and hammering
  • Tools and weapons used by Wes will not wear out as fast
  • No longer suffers from an increase in hunger drain
  • Removed the 100 balloon per world limit

What about Wes's damage? It's still x0.75 or it's the average x1.0?

19 minutes ago, Nooahz said:

So its only 3 reworks this year, and one of them is Wes? Really? I was hopping the first rework would be Webber or Maxwell. Literally no reason for Wes rw. 

I personally also was hoping the first rework would be some character without an animation already, such as Webber, WX-78, etc, but I am also pretty happy with this, too.

We got some new lore bits, many got fooled twice (and were pleasantly surprised to find Wes' rework was genuine this time, I would hope), and Wes actually has a teamwork aspect to his abilities in-game now.

Of course, this being one of the character refreshes, means that there are only 2 character refreshes left scheduled this year. But I'm sure Klei will get to every character that they need to eventually, we just need to wait some more. 

1 hour ago, fierysage1 said:

But I'm sure Klei will get to every character that they need to eventually, we just need to wait some more. 

"Please guys, just wait some more"
"Yeah guys, it'll happen eventually, just wait some more"
"we really mean it this time. Just wait a little more". 

When you have to keep reminding people to "wait some more", that means something is wrong. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

When you have to keep reminding people to "wait some more", that means something is wrong. 

not if there are more than a dozen things all vying for attention at once. there is just so much work and not a lot of time to get it all at once. it is only wrong if no work is being done which you can see is not the case here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

The only thing wrong I see is having the attention span of a toddler.

I hope you meant on the user side and not the development side.

On 4/8/2021 at 6:49 AM, Nooahz said:

So its only 3 reworks this year, and one of them is Wes? Really? I was hopping the first rework would be Webber or Maxwell. Literally no reason for Wes rw. 

Wes totally needed and deserved a rework to separate himself from the Wilson-like gameplay. While this rework isn't perfect and arguably diminishes his stats much more than needed, it definitely helped distinguish him and gave him at least two nice unique tools to work with, being Speed and Party balloons. I wish they added a few more utility balloons like Balloon Saddle and didn't touch his stats but regardless it's a solid rework, just because you dislike the character doesn't mean there is "no reason". The least played character definitely deserves some spotlight and support.

1930610783_PlayercountDST22PMGMT.thumb.png.b074c2d316cb383a2a174b82c954a3a1.png

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 6
  • Sad Dupe 1

11 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Wes totally needed and deserved a rework to separate himself from the Wilson-like gameplay. While this rework isn't perfect and arguably diminishes his stats much more than needed, it definitely helped distinguish him and gave him at least two nice unique tools to work with, being Speed and Party balloons. I wish they added a few more utility balloons like Balloon Saddle and didn't touch his stats but regardless it's a solid rework, just because you dislike the character doesn't mean there isn't "no reason". The least played character definitely deserves some spotlight and support.

1930610783_PlayercountDST22PMGMT.thumb.png.b074c2d316cb383a2a174b82c954a3a1.png

Ha! Nobody likes Wurt, good she-

Wait! Why is Wormwood so low? What's wrong with people?! I guess you have to separate yourself from the common rabble to have refined tastes.

Edited by HowlVoid

9 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Ha! Nobody likes Wurt, good she-

Wait! Why is Wormwood so low? What's wrong with people?! I guess you have to separate yourself from the common rabble to have refined tastes.

DLC characters are placed so low because they are paid characters. It's obvious they are not as popular as the rest of the cast. Just look at Wortox - the strongest character in the game. I bet he would be higher if not for the fact he isn't free.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 2
  • Big Ups 1

7 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

DLC characters are placed so low because they are paid characters. It's obvious they are not as popular as the rest of the cast. Just look at Wortox - the strongest character in the game. I bet he would be higher if not for the fact he isn't free.

Yes, if Wortox was free, he would be a bit higher in bulk player-base pickings - but not by much. And is simple: his (in)sanity con from eating souls (and/or the "overloading" with souls mechanic even in passive form, aka gaining souls from other players' kills) coupled with 1/2 of food benefits intake is what's ultimately fatal for most newbies/noobs/casuals out there, making Wortox not popular en-large. He is "OP" for competent/knowledgeable and experienced players, that can deal relatively easy with Shadow Creatures, actively hunt (trails, punch butterflies, nix spiders etc), and know a-thing-or-two about efficiency. Visit pubs and see how bulk player-base "deals" with the mechanics listed above - spoil: horridly.

• Thanks 1