What was the strangest experience(s) you've had on a pub?

On a nearly empty world with little resources and where you couldn't die, I managed to die using un-invincibilty frames (I was Wortox and the immortality thing only would kick into effect again 1 second after teleporting so I died to huge amounts of a fire damage by putting like 20 logs down around the same place and teleporting on it). Then I came back as Wickerbottom since there was literally no gold to make a science machine so I couldn't make like anything unless I was her. A little later on, after trying to get material to get to the lunar island and make a base on this hell world, someone joins the server and it is a Winona with a WX face. It looked very cursed. I later escaped to the lunar island and made a large base with whatever Wicker could naturally make without any research station.

Months later, I found out there was a mod on the server that allowed you to change your character attributes around.

we (as in, like 10 people) made it to summer, we decided to go clear the ruins as a group to avoid the heat and then we all died in the ruins and regenerated the world.

then we all collectively decided to rush the ruins and all collectively died again in the ruins.

I spotted a Willow burning everything, so I made the mistake to type her on chat, turns out the  people on the pub were a group, I got ghosted till the end of winter when they all died fighting D.fly and left me on the world alone. Ngl, not my best pub experience, but I had plenty good

1. I got kicked out of a server because the people inside thought that I killed wee tusks, and that killing wee tusks prevented mactusks from respawning.
  2. I played with people that were very new to the game, we did the klaus fight, got a krampus sack from the loot, and they decided to roll back to try again because they didn't know what a krampus sack was for, despite my efforts to explain in chat.
  3. I met a Wendy player who did not eat in game meat, because IRL she was vegan.
  4. I started decorating a base I found, with Wes's baloons. A player that lived there thought I was doing something bad, so he decided to attack all the balloons while standing among them.
    After he died, he was convinced that I purposely killed him with some trap (I never thought he'd do that. I laughed so hard couldn't breathe)
  5. I made a Wurt base in a corner of the world which survived for like 400 days. Inbetween the 20 something merm houses that I built, there were some chests with my belongings.
    Apparently during the times when I sleep IRL, another player was obsessed trying to steal from those chests, since every day upon re-joining I found their dead body killed by merms; sometimes close to the chest, sometimes with a few things from the chest, sometimes almost making it out with a bunch of things from the chests. It was always the same player, and always a new dead body, because I kept hammering them. I must have found those bones at least 15 different times, each time in different RL days, every time I logged into the server.
    Sadly I never got to play or talk to that poor persistent bastard, but he/she got my admiration though.
  6. While I was still pretty new to the game a Korean guy showed me his base deep in the ruins. it was an amazingly well done large base, however he disconnected after I got there, and I really had no Idea how to leave on my own.
    I must have survived all alone there, eating just monster meat for at least 2 seasons before I figured how to escape....

Around the time Wurt was released i found myself in a team of really nasty players who all wanted me dead for some reason. They all extinguished lights or brought mobs to me. It ended up with all three dying from these attemps to kill me.

52 minutes ago, PandoPon said:

Around the time Wurt was released i found myself in a team of really nasty players who all wanted me dead for some reason. They all extinguished lights or brought mobs to me. It ended up with all three dying from these attemps to kill me.

The Gnaw of Karma's Claw

I remember playing on one of those servers that youtuber OrangE hosted. Since the original server was full pretty much the second it was hosted, there were plenty of "knock-off" servers that had the same mods or world settings. The one I was playing in had a ton of players, maybe around 30 and with the random spawns mod enabled. It was utter chaos, we were fighting randomly spawned bosses left and right and I loved it.

well may not be that strange but i was webber and found in a corner of the world the rocky spider lands made my personal base there while some others were doin a base next to a swamp inside the 4 moosegoose nest in that base there was a willow a good one and the rest was realy questionabel that died all the time for all differend reasons there was alsol a winona that just never eats anything i had do go to there base have to fix there food proplems there tentacel proplems and what not then i was like the only one goin for deerclops like some other player just went past me and dit not even care and that was on the road towards pigking then later that one good willow whispers me if she can visit my base i say yes but you may want to be webber to then we looked at the mosaic for moon rocks found a base in there then got the moon rocks willow changes to webber and we lived in my base just later a group of bad willows joined dit not talk at all but i found out they where burning every base there was the mosaic one the pigking and the next to swamp and goose but my base was never be found it realy was just in a corner of the world and because the oasis looked like the last place on the world they dit not look after the oasis and so my base was all that was left on ther

image.thumb.png.839769d30dfddc9d00f31e9e80cde428.png

and it dit surfive all year long never to be found by anyone

12 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:
  1. I got kicked out of a server because the people inside thought that I killed wee tusks, and that killing wee tusks prevented mactusks from respawning.
  2. I played with people that were very new to the game, we did the klaus fight, got a krampus sack from the loot, and they decided to roll back to try again because they didn't know what a krampus sack was for, despite my efforts to explain in chat.
  3. I met a Wendy player who did not eat in game meat, because IRL she was vegan.
  4. I started decorating a base I found, with Wes's baloons. A player that lived there thought I was doing something bad, so he decided to attack all the balloons while standing among them.
    After he died, he was convinced that I purposely killed him with some trap (I never thought he'd do that. I laughed so hard couldn't breathe)
  5. I made a Wurt base in a corner of the world which survived for like 400 days. Inbetween the 20 something merm houses that I built, there were some chests with my belongings.
    Apparently during the times when I sleep IRL, another player was obsessed trying to steal from those chests, since every day upon re-joining I found their dead body killed by merms; sometimes close to the chest, sometimes with a few things from the chest, sometimes almost making it out with a bunch of things from the chests. It was always the same player, and always a new dead body, because I kept hammering them. I must have found those bones at least 15 different times, each time in different RL days, every time I logged into the server.
    Sadly I never got to play or talk to that poor persistent bastard, but he/she got my admiration though.
  6. While I was still pretty new to the game a Korean guy showed me his base deep in the ruins. it was an amazingly well done large base, however he disconnected after I got there, and I really had no Idea how to leave on my own.
    I must have survived all alone there, eating just monster meat for at least 2 seasons before I figured how to escape....

the vegan wendy one was the best in my opnion

there was a time a willow was burning the pig houses, we asked why and she said because there was no light, and then we asked why did she not used her lighter , she said that she don't wanted to waste it, (it was on 100%)......

2 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

well may not be that strange but i was webber and found in a corner of the world the rocky spider lands made my personal base there while some others were doin a base next to a swamp inside the 4 moosegoose nest in that base there was a willow a good one and the rest was realy questionabel that died all the time for all differend reasons there was alsol a winona that just never eats anything i had do go to there base have to fix there food proplems there tentacel proplems and what not then i was like the only one goin for deerclops like some other player just went past me and dit not even care and that was on the road towards pigking then later that one good willow whispers me if she can visit my base i say yes but you may want to be webber to then we looked at the mosaic for moon rocks found a base in there then got the moon rocks willow changes to webber and we lived in my base just later a group of bad willows joined dit not talk at all but i found out they where burning every base there was the mosaic one the pigking and the next to swamp and goose but my base was never be found it realy was just in a corner of the world and because the oasis looked like the last place on the world they dit not look after the oasis and so my base was all that was left on there and it dit surfive all year long never to be found by anyone

My experience happened upon the very first RoT update as Woodie, we all made boats and had a viking-esque boating party in search of the lunar island. Let's just say by the time we arrived, all our crew members were dead except for me and a few survivors.

It was day 11, prompting the full moon, and because this was pre-rework Woodie, I turned into the Werebeaver and was able to survive indefinitely by gnawing away at the lune trees to refill the meter. I didn't give up until about day 23 into Winter. 

So I was basically just a giant beaver, standing at a hot spring, with ghosts circling around me, not being harassed by nightmares thanks to the lunar island. :tranquillity:

1. I played for Willow once. In general, I found someone's base on the server and decided to settle there. Then some Wilson ran there with a torch and set everything on fire, and then he accused me of setting fire to all the bases on this server. As a result, I was kicked.

2. One night I went to sleep in a tent. 1 bad Maxwell put gunpowder under my tent and set it on fire, and I didn't have time to run out... I was blown up...

24 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

1. I played for Willow once. In general, I found someone's base on the server and decided to settle there. Then some Wilson ran there with a torch and set everything on fire, and then he accused me of setting fire to all the bases on this server. As a result, I was kicked.

huh. I guess DST and Amogus pubs have more in common than I first presumed

Not sure if it counts as strange as it has happened way too often in pubs: 

Sometimes when I pick Wendy and summon Abigail, for some reason there is always a player who will follow me around trying to res her with a telltale heart (I thought they were trolling but nope, it was serious), or have people complain in chat that they cannot find the player named "Abigail" (they were trying to kick her since she is a ghost and therefore "draining their sanity"). Then when some other player or I explain who Abigail is, they go: "oh lol" 

I think I might have been the strangest experience for a bunch of people... I joined a pub once with my pal and decided I want to have a pet catcoon. So I got one, and moved him to the camp and built him a nice little pen which I then decorated prettily, and put up a sign that said "Here lives Mr. Tiddles" or something like that. My pal and I made a huge fuss over our cat, which soon died by accident via an angry Abigail. We were kinda pissed but whatever, we were playing with noobs and it didn't really matter. We decided to do a proper viking funeral for Mr. Tiddles: a boat with a chest, inside it was the meat Mr. Tiddles dropped, we put flowers and trinkets there and invited everyone to watch when we let the boat to float away and finally set it on fire. We had only one guest on our funeral, others couldn't care less, but the one we had was pretty impressed. Good times :'D

Edit:
Btw
, if I ever get lucky enough to be visited by the title fairy, this is the occasion I want to be known for!

One of my first experiences was also one of my best. It's strange because its so out of the ordinary.

But I joined in one of the klei servers, it was within the first 5 days of autumn, and we are all running around, trading resources and stuff. Then, we all decided to base in dfly desert, we make a nice base with the standard farms. And then one of the guys decides to make a 'personal chest' for every single person that was on, putting signs with our names on them. Everyone used them, and no one stole from anyone. Then, we all decided to kill dfly and we did fail once, had to fall back, but we went back in and killed it before winter and got ourselves a scaled furnace in the base. Winter finally rolled around and we all hunted for mactusks and got everyone a tamo. Then around day 30 I was getting tired so I called it quits, said bye to everyone and left all my stuff in my chest and logged off.

It was very wholesome and honestly one of my best don't starve together experiences.

4 hours ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

A Wes joined my world, said nothing for 21 days, came up to my base, dropped a single piece of thuelsite on the ground, said "Deal with it" and left.

dude definitely raided the ruins 

It weren't exactly a public server but I once joined some random guys' game. They were kinda new to it and it was very funny to help them build a base in a meteor field area. I've told them that it's not gonna least long but did not said what I really do mean by that. I couldn't see their faces when "IT" started but I'm 100% sure I know how they looked like.

Archived