What was the strangest experience(s) you've had on a pub?

Back when I was still fairly new to the game, a person joined a server I was playing on. They said "Fish" and then left, that's the only strangest experience I recall

(There was also that time I sneezed so loud while playing with Blue Moth that I startled them but we don't talk about that...)

Hmmm, probably the most unique experience I ever had on pubs was this one time when a Wilson joined and didn't ask 'where is base?'

48 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Back when I was still fairly new to the game, a person joined a server I was playing on. They said "Fish" and then left, that's the only strangest experience I recall

(There was also that time I sneezed so loud while playing with Blue Moth that I startled them but we don't talk about that...)

and reading this I remember saw a player about 3 times during the course of a week join a server, wait a few mins, type "how dare you" and leave

I joined a pub once that had like 3 new players who were dead set on making a portal base. I decided to go elsewhere (and set up my own base), and ended up doing so at the Oasis. About the time Winter rolled around, I suddenly see all of them die by fire one after another-turns out, one of them tried to open a chest while holding a torch.

I told them I could revive them (I was Wortox, had like 6 Telltales spare as just in case items), and they had no idea how I survived. They legitimately never noticed I had left them alone.

As a willow main I always get discriminated against but one time I almost got hit by lightning but it instead struck a flower and set the forest and everything around it ablaze. Of course there was someone there nearby and they jumped to the conclusion I did it intentionally. I was on the floor for 10 minutes. That’s just my luck! They was losing it in chat :lol:

One time, years and years ago, i was playing a world with one other player....one of the mods that were enabled somehow made it so all of my speech into the regular chat would turn into a garbled mess of slashes and numbers....eventually, we found eachother and we figured out that i could write on signs perfectly fine, so that was my main method of communication for the rest of the game

i'm a wurt main and about the time wurt was released i fell in love and bought her but apparently some wolfgang main was having a hissy fit about wurts existence he made a lot of pig houses around my base or at least tried to because he died to merms only making one house which gave me pigskin 

I chose a random character to join a public server and ended up getting Wilson. I wasn't in a chatty mood so I just kept to myself and tried to help the base once I found it (with no help from the people already in the server). One person kept questioning why I picked Wilson as he was "Boring and Vanilla"  and "Has no real point". I finally responded with "I selected random and I got Wilson" to which I received the response: "Fine. Whatever." I tried to help around the base, harvest/replant food, collect resources and collect jerky, just little things to help as everyone would leave the base in the morning and return late evening. So this all sounds pretty bland, right?

I went to sleep in the tent. A few seconds later, everyone on the server came back and made a pattern of living logs around my tent, they dropped other things as well, like dark petals and nightmare fuel. Then, one person who had not spoken to me at all types in chat: "it is done." and they all pulled out torches and lit the logs on fire. It was like I was a sacrifice to whatever dark god they worshiped. Anyway, I let myself burn to death and they all stood there watching the pyre until I logged off.

I don't play public servers much anymore.

6 hours ago, hkhm said:

I chose a random character to join a public server and ended up getting Wilson. I wasn't in a chatty mood so I just kept to myself and tried to help the base once I found it (with no help from the people already in the server). One person kept questioning why I picked Wilson as he was "Boring and Vanilla"  and "Has no real point". I finally responded with "I selected random and I got Wilson" to which I received the response: "Fine. Whatever." I tried to help around the base, harvest/replant food, collect resources and collect jerky, just little things to help as everyone would leave the base in the morning and return late evening. So this all sounds pretty bland, right?

I went to sleep in the tent. A few seconds later, everyone on the server came back and made a pattern of living logs around my tent, they dropped other things as well, like dark petals and nightmare fuel. Then, one person who had not spoken to me at all types in chat: "it is done." and they all pulled out torches and lit the logs on fire. It was like I was a sacrifice to whatever dark god they worshiped. Anyway, I let myself burn to death and they all stood there watching the pyre until I logged off.

I don't play public servers much anymore.

I don't like griefing, but this is pretty hilarious. I'm not masochist or anything in real life, but I'd love to die like that in DST. That's some good ****.

It was probably the time i set sail to help like 4 people not to die in winter. It was already at the end of autumn, me and this random quiet guy, that was the only person playing with me at that time, built a base at lunar with all the needed resources. Sadly, my teammate had to go, and the exact moment he left, people came flooding in. in the end of autumn. Naturally, they all asked the base destination, (not saying it like it's a bad thing, when it's like day 18 u don;t really have much time to explore the world) and it was weird explaining to them that the only base we have is not on the main land lol. it didn't really seem nice to just set them adrift, so i suggested them to move to my base.
They didn't really have that much of a choice: u either try to survive winter with little to no resources or u move to this guys base in the middle of the ocean. I basically planned a whole operation to pick those guys up, got them some food and clothes to heat them up. After we arrived, they all helped to expand the base somehow, by gathering stone fruits and rocks, getting meat from saladmanders or working with the crops. It wasn't really that insane, but it was totally different from my usual game on pubs.

I was in a public world as WX-78 and as a bored person I was I rushed the ruins

There was a kid (the host) basically screaming at me to let him come with, so I let him, I just told him i'm not getting his resources.

So were in the wilds walking in the ruins, he ran out of food so I just gave him food (problem 1)

In the ruins we were clearing it out around 12 thulecite nice plethora of gems. This kid could not kite so I had to do all the work (problem 2)

After clearing all the ruins we go to Ancient Guardian, this kid would not listen to me for his life, he ran into the all the webs, and once we met the Guardian he ran straight up to him and smacked him. He got killed of course and REGENERATED THE WORLD just because he died.

TL;DR Kid Regenerates world after dying in ruins 

Also I joined a world once as wes in a day 2000 world and put nice balloons as nice decor. I was banned

Archived