Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2021

WAIT, I just realized something! I'm guessing other people may have realized this already (either that or I am incorrect), but if Wagstaff is the character being added as the new DLC character... doesn't that mean that he and Winona would be the first 2 (playable) characters in Don't Starve Together who both have definitely interacted before entering the Constant? They would have had to interact, since Winona was one of his employees at the Voxola factory... right?

Sure, Wendy and Waxwell are family, in that Waxwell is Wendy's uncle, but we don't know for sure whether they actually met or not, do we? I thus far haven't seen any evidence suggesting so, just Jack Carter's postcards to William. However, again, I could be wrong.

In any case, if Wagstaff ends up being the new character, then I am eager to see if interactions between them in-game reveal anything new. 

Would you guys add a difficulty slider or something for people who want to solo play the game? The bosses are designed for teams; maybe have the boss HPs react to how many people are on the server or just have the host set a difficulty slider during world generation.

5 hours ago, HEAVYDIRTYSOUL said:

YYYYES

edit: really excited for the new RoT update, this teaser pic surely has something to do with mysterious energy! "Summer Solstice" sounds really fun too!

and the new dlc character seems reallllyyyy interesting too...75a6d24bad4b21a01201d812d352044fac2d9ca7.png.3a07f6f42fcb7a24c71d035224f5abc4.png?

Where did that come from?? which post ??

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

We released four substantial content updates, two character refreshes(and Wes),

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

One new summer event (Summer Solstice, like Winter’s Feast)

Sounds like desert content that people have been asking for.:wilson_goodjob:

6 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

PRAISE BE!

5c6e2c5688cc3_joewthepipeman.thumb.png.aad6130526ac37913d956b53cd9927a7.png

5 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

contrast_img.png

shovelface.png.68b73f539fd1e5efc6dabf0ee28e596f.pngReturn of shovel face.

lineuprose.png.3989ad8573f1ac164f19c8ba6653e0ff.png5b7bc9f13bbba_20180820-Wilsondreamsajunjiitostory.thumb.png.01af53d2bbffdbddfebc915d0ca9990a.png

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can someone tell me how I get other skins for my Beefalo? I only have one choice the others aren’t purchasable or weaveable :( 

doing the contest

you must build the new structures and, after the contest finish, the ox guy drops you stuff to use in the sewing build

7 hours ago, Well-met said:

Radical.

let us see all those "i quit" people crawl back in.

nope. They broke my trust. I won't ever support them again and that's not going to change just because they posted a vague list. But it amuses me how many people don't care that they are now directly supporting the ccp.  welp. lol

I'm not even surprised.

these are what still irk me the most about this game:

let's see here... Still forced online data collection? check

still can't use skins offline?  hurray for wasting money? check

still needs to be heavily modded for even the most basic functions? one example: the controller support for this game is so-half assed it's laughable. every other game in steam existence allows Kb + mouse imput alongside controller and yet this game can't manage it without a mod?  pffftttt

- a vague mention of QoL updates. okay? that's gotten me vaguely interested, but I won't get my hopes up.

if the above gets changed, I might play again, but I'm never wasting money on them again. Ever.  :D

I know the post said to talk about DS console ports, but I think that Wortox's teleport on console needs a bit of an adjustment. I'm not saying that the player should be able to manually choose any point on screen, but I think it would be nice if the automatic teleport adjustment would allow you to teleport while holding a torch, stuff like that.

40 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

doing the contest

you must build the new structures and, after the contest finish, the ox guy drops you stuff to use in the sewing build

Huh interesting.. someone who joined my world and was new to it was able to customize theirs, so do they persist through multiple sessions? He wouldn’t tell me how he has instant awesome looking beef. :( 

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I'm wondering, would people's reactions have been way more different had Klei followed the concept of their old 2020 Roadmap, which was to make no concrete statement of any update whatsoever as opposed to actual promises like they did now?

Other than summer solstice, we more or less knew what we were getting before both announcements.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Huh interesting.. someone who joined my world and was new to it was able to customize theirs, so do they persist through multiple sessions? He wouldn’t tell me how he has instant awesome looking beef. :( 

Not sure if you've figured this out yet but you seemingly get one costume at random for free at the start. I hadn't done anything yet to earn costumes and when I built the appropriate structure and went to change my Beef just to have a look at the costumes I had the full Floral Set unlocked already.

11 hours ago, Bubblez said:

Would you guys add a difficulty slider or something for people who want to solo play the game? The bosses are designed for teams; maybe have the boss HPs react to how many people are on the server or just have the host set a difficulty slider during world generation.

This. There's mods for it, but would love to see it officially added to the game :D

16 hours ago, X-lem said:

Hummm, this adds up to more than 12. Which month shall we receive multiple updates in?

Also, can we please please get dedicated server hosting updates in on of the QOL updates?

What do you mean? That’s exactly 12. But either way we’re already in February so you’re still right. 

Archived