Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2021

On 2/4/2021 at 8:41 PM, JoeW said:

This is the current plan for 2021. 

• Year of the Beefalo
  • Three Character Refreshes
  • Three Content Updates 
  • One new DLC character
  • One new summer event (Summer Solstice, like Winter’s Feast)
  • Two QOL updates
  • Holiday events

Maybe we finally get Wildeye Weston as a new DLC character? He was mentioned by Woodlrgs when he talks about the eye of the tiger shark.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:55 AM, Deerclops Mika said:

Maybe we finally get Wildeye Weston as a new DLC character? He was mentioned by Woodlrgs when he talks about the eye of the tiger shark.

I would love a cowboy character. Maybe they could add horse type mobs with him just to prepare for whenever Year of the Horse is

Okay so a Quick Recap of what We have gotten so far this year-

Beefalo Event, QoL update, Wes Rework, Eye of The Storm Update, Summer Event, Webber Update.

So unless Klei’s schedule changes there is still two yet to be revealed game content updates, One more QoL update, One Mystery Rework, One Brand New Character still to come!

13 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

here’s a guess

july - qol update beta - around boats and other things

august - qol update release

september - brand new dlc character

october - content update

november - rework - WX?

december - content update

this is what im praying for

3 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

here’s a guess

july - qol update beta - around boats and other things

august - qol update release

september - brand new dlc character

october - content update

november - rework - WX?

december - content update

Klei seems to be working on “most voted” first- Wendy, Wigfrid, now Webber, if WX78 is not next I’ll be shocked.. like a Robot in a rain storm.

But with Return of Them concluded- we have no idea what the other two updates will be about, I’m personally hoping for big projects- Klei really needs to shake things up in a big way, new lands, new mobs, more of what made Dont Starve so great.

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But with Return of Them concluded- we have no idea what the other two updates will be about, I’m personally hoping for big projects- Klei really needs to shake things up in a big way, new lands, new mobs, more of what made Dont Starve so great

im personally hoping that they slow down a little and focus on fixing on current content then moving to tj\he next arc or anything else big

56 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wait, if Rework is on November... Does that mean I'm getting a rework on my birthday? :wilson_laugh:

If you're getting reworked make sure you get a boomerang femur attack.

Wait, if Rework is on November... Does that mean I'm getting a rework on my birthday? :wilson_laugh:

Lmao what. My phone had a stroke

On 6/9/2021 at 1:50 AM, Dextops said:

eh i'd like a wx rework first

I'd be happy with either. It might also be prudent to do a more minor rework of both Wilson & Wolfgang in the same update, since they're the two most default characters. Wilson I'd like to get some variant of Wicker's benefit (free prototyping. I'd give Wilson full access to the Science Machine tier like Wicker, and give Wicker access to the Hat magic tier instead), plus permanent access to the Hallowed Nights potions. Wolfgang just really needs another minor downside, and perhaps something that helps put his strength to use gathering. Uses tools slower, but takes fewer swings, thus less durability and ultimately faster than default for chopping/mining (but slower when using the shovel or pitchfork). Also loses sanity faster when encountering shadow creatures, and can summon an extra shadow creature beyond the server limit.

Well, WX is OP for now, I think that the Maxwell or maybe Wilson refresh could be better. Wilson should have some only 'his' stuff. His beard is useless tbh and every character in the game add something special and Wilson not. Maybe more science stuff? Just science for him like Winona's catapults or something like that.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:36 AM, Asathan said:

Well, WX is OP for now, I think that the Maxwell or maybe Wilson refresh could be better. Wilson should have some only 'his' stuff. His beard is useless tbh and every character in the game add something special and Wilson not. Maybe more science stuff? Just science for him like Winona's catapults or something like that.

WX need more the rework because he waste a lot of materials to be op, like the gears that sometimes is hard to get, or if you want to overcharge WX you have 3 options: tell a friend that use wickerbottom to read the end is nigh, wait until a lightning hit you or waste a lot of gems with the telocator staff also he take damage from rain, wilson has decent stats, he don't have disadvantages and he don't need a lot of resources to be usefull to the team.

As someone who plays Singleplayer on an Xbox (Meaning lots of lag.), I have no problem with Wx-78. I don't really think he needs to be changed. I hear complaints about him eating gears, but just, tell your friend not to? Build ice boxes and Flingomatics first, then leave them the leftovers. Just because he's kind of basic and has no special crafts or such doesn't mean it needs an overhaul. Wilson literally has no special abilities, but no-one's asking for a rework.

Also saw someone asking for xbox edition to be fixed? That would be fantastic. The amount of lag basically doubles-triples the range of just about any enemy, making kiting near impossible (At least in my experience.). I would love if Klei found a way to either fix or compensate for this lag. Anyone who's experienced this will vividly remember being at least 2.5 pitchfork tiles away from, say a spider or pig, and still getting hit.

34 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

hear complaints about him eating gears, but just, tell your friend not to?

When you play with a friend it is not a problem to protect the gears, generally my friends already know what they should do or not, in public servers protect the gears is difficult.

36 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I have no problem with Wx-78. I don't really think he needs to be changed.

One of the reasons that many of us ask for a rework of is because wx spends too many resources and offers very little to the team compared to other characters

47 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

Wilson literally has no special abilities, but no-one's asking for a rework.

wx is a good character, like wilson and wolfgang,I think the main reason why they have not been reworked is because they are characters that can be considered useful, since they have few or none disadvantages, wilson doesn't need a rework because wilson represent the base game and is good for new players to learn the game because he don't have disadvantages from my point of view.

1 hour ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

Wilson literally has no special abilities, but no-one's asking for a rework.

Heck yeah people are asking for a rework. Not everyone of course. I think that he definitely needs a rework. Wilson right now is the base character for Don't Starve, but not the base character of Don't Starve Together. He needs an ability that represents the basis of working together as a team, as opposed to having some minor perk that only benefits himself. Nothing complicated though, because I do agree that he needs to remain as beginner-friendly as possible.

2 hours ago, Gods fiddler said:

When you play with a friend it is not a problem to protect the gears, generally my friends already know what they should do or not, in public servers protect the gears is difficult.

One of the reasons that many of us ask for a rework of is because wx spends too many resources and offers very little to the team compared to other characters

wx is a good character, like wilson and wolfgang,I think the main reason why they have not been reworked is because they are characters that can be considered useful, since they have few or none disadvantages, wilson doesn't need a rework because wilson represent the base game and is good for new players to learn the game because he don't have disadvantages from my point of view.

I really wish people would stop saying stuff like this- Klei has already confirmed they’re ALL getting reworked and the goal behind that is to make them exciting, unique and fun in their own way to play with.

Even WES who many people did not expect would ever get a rework ended up getting some cool fun abilities.

Wilson, Wolfgang, WX78, Wickerbottom, & Maxwell are still yet to be refreshed.

Each refresh is a chance for Klei to provide us with exciting fresh new ways of playing the game and I look forward to see how the remaining cast will be made more unique & fun.

Archived