Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2021

Just now, licet_insanire said:

please please please please, let us still have the infinite pig fiesta in hamlet! it's kind of my main goal, the engine that drives my worlds, my way of playing and my will to play. don't ever fix that please. pretty pretty please 

i wish ancient herald have another kind of loot to make it worth to kill him several times to, in case they fix the fiesta bug

If you're going to update the DLCs, might as well nerf some really imbalanced things in SW:

1. The volcano is too persistent and annoying and hard to deactivate (for the work involved)
  2. Coffee is too effective. Some sort of downside or nerf (maybe not simply the speed amount?) is needed.
  3. FIsh farms are way too generous. Food is already a non-issue for other reasons, but this just makes it silly. Especially with...
  4. Surf n' Turf is the game's magical super food. The ingredients are (relatively) easy to get get compared to their benefits. Maybe make the recipe not permit 2 monster meats or something? Also...
  5. Jellyfish are too convenient for munchies when on the move. Especially the rainbow ones. There needs to be a downside.
  6. Speaking of downsides for killing aquatic things, boat knights are pushovers. They need a melee attack. Also they're severely bugged, and respawn constantly.
  7. Volcano biome is kinda boring. Maybe Wolfgang could have a lifting contest vs some dragoons or something?

23 minutes ago, JoeW said:

hit beta in April.

Beta on april.
This means they work on it for 2-3 months. I think it's gonna be a huge thing, maybe bigger than farm rework. Let's wait & see.

24 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • Three Character Refreshes
  • Three Content Updates 

That's what I was waiting from you guys! Thank you for that information.

25 minutes ago, JoeW said:

QOL update coming in March and speculate away

There is tab named "World Generation". I think this tab will let players remove or add biomes or maybe setpieces to the game. This is most exciting thing in this roadmap!

27 minutes ago, JoeW said:

silhouette_5guys.png

Am I the only person see an flipped crockpot in this pic? 
But probably about the ancient technology.

Looking forward to the year! Thank you for all the work you do. <3

28 minutes ago, JoeW said:

One new summer event (Summer Solstice, like Winter’s Feast)

Yes! Something between New Year and Hallowed Nights this is great.

29 minutes ago, JoeW said:

One new DLC character

Cave baby please. I need one!

11 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

That outline is just.. Magical

Also super exciting for being able to actually go to the ruins on switch lol (the game just freezes when you go there btw)

Yeah. You know what else would be lovely? Being able to plant structures from Shipwrecked in RoG. Willow is very upset about her lack of Obsidian Fire Pit.

Archived