Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2021

27 minutes ago, JoeW said:

And finally…. 
This isn’t directly related to Don’t Starve Together, but we thought it would be a good time to mention that we are taking a look at the Original Don’t Starve ports. We’re collecting feedback and will be working with our porting partners to address lingering issues that have been hanging around on various platforms. 

One issue we find is a lot of players tend to accept these issues as “known”, and we don’t necessarily always know specifically what kind of issues need to be prioritized because they might not be getting represented in such a way that we fully see them. So if you have specific issues you are frustrated about and feel need to be resolved, now is a good idea to make sure we know about it. We’ll be making posts in the appropriate forums as we shift focus to each port.   

We will not likely ever get to a place where Don’t Starve and the DLC have zero bugs but we would like to get the Don’t Starve ports in a better place. This isn’t going to happen overnight as we need to organize and we can’t do everything all at once, but we thought it was worth mentioning that this is something we are working on. 

I'm very concerned if this implies the PC version will also be getting bug fixes, it's amazing that the console ports are getting some love but the pc version still has many issues as well, granted probably not as many as console does.

6 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

could that mean we're getting Wagstaff and his telipads?

YES YES YES YES YES 

6 minutes ago, Flusap said:

You guys are the best!!

Can't wait for Woodlegs as the new dlc character!

It's the portal back home.

Built by Wagstaff

Awesome! 

Btw guys, don't forget that Warly was a "character refresh". So there is a possibility of getting some solo DS character ported as well! (although I guess the present roster should be refreshed first) 

New character hype, though! 

About bugs... For me, one of the most frustrating bugs from vanilla DS is cave de-sync. 

Updating SW and Hamlet sounds nice but please just reconsider adding them to Don't Starve Together. I know you don't want to split the playerbase, but you could always add them for free and just make us pay for the characters! Adding this much fantastic content and variety to DST would probably make you more profit in the long run than selling those DLCs anyways.

I love both of those DLCs but after playing DST with friends I simply cannot bring my self to play solo ever again :p
Especially after playing (now rather non-functional) Island Adventures, how can I go back? Playing that mod on a merged preset was the most fun I have ever had in the series.

49 minutes ago, JoeW said:

One new DLC character

Oh my God, my man's Wagstaff and my girl Wilba may have a chance!! Walani too even

Either way I would be really happy to see any old singleplayer characters returning! A completely new character would be cool as well, but I'm really hyped for returning characters. I really miss all of them.

Also fingers crossed my boys WX and Webber get some love.

This is all amazing, also btw guys YotB is live now POG anyway i gotta do math now but i will play dst after that, i havent been motivated to play in a while because i feel like my base has to be perfect :I I delete too many worlds, but anyway thank you klei!

Stay safe!

Archived